The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 17:18:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Speedwell cars you didn't know about...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speedwell cars you didn't know about...  (Read 2404 times)
Ivan

« on: January 30, 2008, 16:34:12 pm »

Here's a great bit of interesting info for those interested in Speedwell. Along with the British car performance conversions they offered, and the VW parts we all know and love, Speedwell also did a SEAT!
And I am not talking about the type of SEAT you sit on - although they did sell the Restall sport seat.

I am talking about SEAT as in the car - the Spanish licensed manufacturer of Fiats, was called SEAT. Speedwell offered a  Speedwell SEAT 127.

I've never seen the Speedwell/SEAT wheels before - they're sure to be rare.

Anyway - just thought this might be of interest. Even though it's not VW related.   
alex d

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 16:40:57 pm »

Before the 127 in these pictures, in Spain Speedwell sold conversions of Minis and Seat 600 (licensed Fiat 600), some time ago I investigated if they ever sold parts for VWs (or full conversions) but no one seemed to know.
alex d

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 16:42:36 pm »

oh, regarding the wheels in the pictures Ivan posted, those are NOT speedwell rims, the ones in the BW photo are Targas, and in the color picture ones look like Braids

EDIT: oops, I got it wrong, the wheels in the BW picture are Speedwells indeed, a SEAT expert has just told me  Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 16:46:14 pm by alex d » Logged
Ivan

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 17:15:45 pm »

I don't know that much about the Speedwell SEAT127 - so I'm only guessing they're Speedwell rims - they certainly look like they're from the same family.

I'm sure everyone has seen the BRMs for a Mini? Paul Rui found an NOS set of these a while back - in fact they could be these actual wheels.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 17:25:12 pm »

Awwww there sooo cute! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I wonder what they'll be when they grow up??  Grin Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
alex d

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 17:37:52 pm »

I'm looking for detailed pictures of the speedwell fiat/seat wheels, I'll let you know  Grin
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 18:34:35 pm »

argghhh speedwell make parts for seat  Huh Huh they made inaccuracy at VW  Roll Eyes  i will sell my  speedwell parts  Grin Grin Grin 
interesting to see that Smiley

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: