The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 15:58:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  bill and the brm mother load
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bill and the brm mother load  (Read 6236 times)
danny gabbard

gabfab

« on: January 29, 2008, 20:08:57 pm »

real mag's

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Jim Ratto

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 20:19:00 pm »

Can you name those cars?

Looks like Bill's '55 in there and maybe Jim Lowe's oval?
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 23:23:36 pm »

Are there any pics of Bill's oval on here? Not sure if I have ever seen that car...
deano

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 00:07:30 am »

Looks like SIR @ Kent, Washington... You can watch those OEM BRMS grow moss right before your eyes.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:07:17 am »

July '87 Seattle Bug In.
  Berg 67, Amy's blue '67 (Doug B's GF @ the time), Tony Comstock's white '67, my tan '55, Sonic Muffin @ the end.  Drove 1200 miles to red light 1st round. 5 tenths 5 amber tree was'nt for me. Greg Booras & I towed up in his Caddy vert.
     The best of times..  Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
NAO

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:58:55 am »

Here is your oval....Bill  Wink
NAO

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:04 am »

Sorry...wrong name...here is your "Garage Potato"  Cheesy
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:41:49 am »

Hey bill I know It's late.. but is that miss dave mason taken picture's next to the hanger queen.? the other quy said it first........

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 14:31:34 pm »

Bill S. you always pic the most interesting colors for your cars. What happened to the oval?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 15:53:57 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked   love that car , color , wheels ,  the stance etc.....very cool   Cool
nao have you more i never seen the car before jsut read the story that jim tell in anther thread  scs showdown if i remember well
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 17:30:57 pm »

A little bit OT but, what is the story on indicators on US spec cars? ->1955 had semaphores (sp?) and then the bullet indicators lasted untill the 1958 model?  European cars had the semaphores up to 1960, but I have seen 1959 and 1960 cars with indicators allso...

Interesting color Bill, I like it. What's it called?
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 17:37:22 pm »

Bullets were from late '55 thru '57. Signals went on top of the fenders after that, semaphores before.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 18:20:31 pm »

nice color did your brother pick it out

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 18:47:51 pm »

that's henry oelker 66 just aside Huh

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 20:12:26 pm »

kinda funny story, Bill and I were roommates at the time. I had this girl over she drove a stock vw, were all in the garage, she saz why are you guys so into vws and working on them.so I got bill to give her a ride in the oval It hauled ass at the time,she gets out yelling ...uck Ive road in porsche's and ferrari's and that ...uckin car is fast. It was a bit of a chuckle.

Jim Ratto

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 20:19:39 pm »

kinda funny story, Bill and I were roommates at the time. I had this girl over she drove a stock vw, were all in the garage, she saz why are you guys so into vws and working on them.so I got bill to give her a ride in the oval It hauled ass at the time,she gets out yelling ...uck Ive road in porsche's and ferrari's and that ...uckin car is fast. It was a bit of a chuckle.

nothing quite like scaruing the crap out of an initiated chick in a 13sec or faster VW. I made a girl cry once in a heated battle with a BMW 6-series. Cops didn't like that. They also didn't like my Super Flow 2276 on full kill, or clocking me @ 92 in a 45.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 20:22:01 pm »

LOVT it ,shit ya b in jail now , the good ol day's

Jim Ratto

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 20:31:31 pm »

I about flooded the floorboards and my shorts when I saw the cop lights come on. I was advised I could be sent away, but was written up instead. Cost me big $ and insurance gave me the boot, and spent two days at a high risk traffic school camp. Funny, all these unstable sort of guys were in there, for really stupid crap in Corvettes, 930 Turbos...stuff like that...guys trying to set land speed records..... we all had to describe our "crime" and when it came to my turn, bringing up the word "Volkswagen" raised some eyebrows and a few giggles. Then when they heard about eating the M6 alive down Bernal in Pleasanton, the laughter stopped.
nicolas

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 22:06:32 pm »

I about flooded the floorboards and my shorts when I saw the cop lights come on. I was advised I could be sent away, but was written up instead. Cost me big $ and insurance gave me the boot, and spent two days at a high risk traffic school camp. Funny, all these unstable sort of guys were in there, for really stupid crap in Corvettes, 930 Turbos...stuff like that...guys trying to set land speed records..... we all had to describe our "crime" and when it came to my turn, bringing up the word "Volkswagen" raised some eyebrows and a few giggles. Then when they heard about eating the M6 alive down Bernal in Pleasanton, the laughter stopped.

"hey, my name is Jim"

all: "hey Jim"

Grin Grin Grin Grin an AA meeting for fast drivers.
bmxnut65

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 22:34:40 pm »

Speedwell, that i not my car next to Bill's. When he had the oval I just got my 66.When I did first bust it out, it had gasburnners on, and I got tem from Bill.I have always liked is 55. Henry

Der Kleiner Panzers
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 22:41:36 pm »

Speedwell, that i not my car next to Bill's. When he had the oval I just got my 66.When I did first bust it out, it had gasburnners on, and I got tem from Bill.I have always liked is 55. Henry
thx henry
 Wink
fabs

Jim Ratto

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 22:52:24 pm »

thx henry
 Wink
fabs

hey speedwell when you come out to California, are you bringing your library with you? Where will you sit on the plane then?  Grin
Jim Ratto

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 02:02:58 am »

any pics of Bill's 55's engine? I remember seeing an old picture of it..last year, neat looking
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 04:21:58 am »

Hey bill I know It's late.. but is that miss dave mason taken picture's next to the hanger queen.? the other quy said it first........
Ya thats your tall blonde girlfriend there. It looks like Jack standing next to him with the mullet. The guy drinking the soda is Jim Bangs, he worked @ EMPI in Riverside, has more EMPI stuff than you could ever imagine..As for my car being inactive, It liked spending time in the garage, it was living with this hot black chick at the time. The romance was over when the  owners were evicted from the condo they were living in at the time. Thanks for the memories, that was a great car.  If that thing could talk ,I would still be in trouble.  Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 19:44:59 pm »

thx henry
 Wink
fabs

hey speedwell when you come out to California, are you bringing your library with you? Where will you sit on the plane then?  Grin
I surely will have a tax for excess weight  Grin Grin Grin Grin

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 20:18:23 pm »

thx henry
 Wink
fabs

Diet?  Wink

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 20:37:32 pm »

thx henry
 Wink
fabs

Diet?  Wink

--louis

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....... Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 20:42:55 pm by speedwell » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: