The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 17:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351095 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Boulevard bomber
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Boulevard bomber  (Read 2104 times)
sam P

« on: February 01, 2008, 19:54:46 pm »

Anyone now what happened to this car?
I remember seeing some pictures of it when it drove from Sweden? to the volksworld show on snowy roads. I believe Paul Rui's split was on that trip too? That made a big impression on me (just into vw's at the time) proving that cars with big engines could complete such a trip in those conditions. Great sight.
Anyone have access to those pics?
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 20:06:59 pm »

Car is still around, think the guy that built it still has it.. Think his name is Roger Carlsson, but I was never good at names... I don't think they went to VoWo the same year as Paul in the split... SOB on here knows more.. What I know is that they drove from Sweden to the UK with a spool... swedes  Cool
Rasser

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 20:58:33 pm »

What I know is that they drove from Sweden to the UK with a spool... swedes  Cool

Grin Grin Grin Grin

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 21:06:22 pm »

Cool to see some interest in a car with a lot of attitude and an inspiration for me to build my car in to a real street car. I just redid the motor for it with a new set of valves after the cam gear broke (stock parts can break) and we made some upgrades to. Roger has not been inspired for a while so car is just sitting.

Spool was cool and I guess someone had to try out driving on the left side of the road.......with a spool sometime....So Roger did and I rode shotgun!! I remember driving from Volksworld show to Newcastle, taking the wrong direction on the London circle, driving all night, talked with a couple of cups when we got lost.
Anyway when we got to Newcastle in the early morning Roger fell asleep and the Jaz seats are not the best to sleep in so he went to a small hill and there he fell asleep. Car was parked over three lanes to the ferry and people were annoyed but Roger kept snoozing and snoring. Best part was when a family with two or three kids stood there and watched, Roger snored and I sat in the car and laughed at the whole situation!!! That trip was something of an adventure!!!

One thing that amamzed me is the fact that the car, with stickern and name all over it and a drivning habbit like there were no tomorrow, was never stopped by the police!!!
dth

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 21:23:56 pm »

Loved this car ,had such an influence when building my own,just need to put the cooling back on and get back on the street Smiley Grin

Awesome pics from "Slimboyfat" ,thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 21:25:34 pm by dth » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: