The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 23:02:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Old D.K.K. guy, here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Old D.K.K. guy, here  (Read 21572 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« on: February 02, 2008, 19:57:51 pm »

Greetings,
used to be in Der Kleiner Kampfwagens from '79-'85. Had an orange '66 Bug with many different wheels and a 1700cc w/Kadrons. Anyone else here from that club or era? Have tons of old photos of our club cars, too. Gotta scan 'em. Hey, Rick M. I hear that you're on here.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 00:18:00 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 19:59:16 pm »

Welcome to the Lounge !
Can't wait to see your pictures !
 Shocked
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 20:04:31 pm »

Welcome to the lounge. There are a couple of DKK members floating around. (Not me though)

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 20:08:39 pm »

MARK How the heck are you!!

Lot's of DKK stuff here. There's about a dozen members here. We're working on a reunion.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 20:10:29 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 20:39:58 pm »

Lot's of DKK stuff here. There's about a dozen members here. We're working on a reunion.

RICK! Stoked to see ya on here. Bill just called me and hooked me up with this place. I guess you guys found me from my photo credits in Concrete Wave magazine. I'm still skateboarding skateparks, surfing, and drivin' Euro cars. I REALLY miss my Bugs, though. Maybe one day. HAHA!! Are you gonna go, tomorrow night. I'm gonna meet Bill there. I still talk to McNew and I think he still talks to Ramirez and Brennan. Let's fire up a REUNION! I've been wantin' that for many years.

Take care and we'll, for sure, be talkin'.

(edit) Thanks for the welcome, y'all. Can't wait to get some time and scan my old Volkswagen pics. I also own a Bug-In video that my friend mailed me from Germany. Has a lotta footage of us and our cars from the last couple of Bug-In events. GOOD STUFF!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 20:54:21 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 20:57:44 pm »

Welcome to the Lounge Fred!! Hope you stick around!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 21:07:44 pm »

hey fred,cool to have more DKK guys comein out of the wood work. your car was orange with real 5 spokes huh..

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 21:07:59 pm »

enjoy your stay, and a pint of real beer

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Rennsurfer

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 21:14:58 pm »

hey fred,cool to have more DKK guys comein out of the wood work. your car was orange with real 5 spokes huh..

Danny, I kinda remember you... but, yes. You're right... I had just about every type of wheel on my car and two piece Empi GT five spokes the longest. I'm learning that there are quite a few club members on here. This is AWESOME! Which car was yours?

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 21:17:18 pm »

RICK! Stoked to see ya on here. Bill just called me and hooked me up with this place. I guess you guys found me from my photo credits in Concrete Wave magazine. I'm still skateboarding skateparks, surfing, and drivin' Euro cars. I REALLY miss my Bugs, though. Maybe one day. HAHA!! Are you gonna go, tomorrow night. I'm gonna meet Bill there. I still talk to McNew and I think he still talks to Ramirez and Brennan. Let's fire up a REUNION! I've been wantin' that for many years.

Take care and we'll, for sure, be talkin'.

(edit) Thanks for the welcome, y'all. Can't wait to get some time and scan my old Volkswagen pics. I also own a Bug-In video that my friend mailed me from Germany. Has a lotta footage of us and our cars from the last couple of Bug-In events. GOOD STUFF!

I will be there barring weather shutting it down. Ramirez is here (MYTOY). It will be great to hook up!

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 21:44:13 pm »

Way back I had paneled red squareback, Whitter blvd day's. then when I got into DKK I had red notchback with alloy's
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 21:46:00 pm by danny gabbard » Logged

Rennsurfer

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:01 am »

Rick posted:
"I will be there barring weather shutting it down. Ramirez is here (MYTOY). It will be great to hook up!"

MYTOY... how fitting. That was his license plate on the black car. Ramirez (or McNew) was the one that named me Fred. HAHA!!

Way back I had paneled red squareback, Whitter blvd day's. then when I got into DKK I had red notchback with alloy's

Ah! I remember you now, Danny. Wow, this is cool finally hookin' up with the old club members. Can't wait for a reunion.

~Sarge
jick

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 02:04:52 am »

welcome to the forum dude.....there's a load of us UK guys on here that get a real kick out of hearing about what was going on back in old days.....

get those pictures posted man..... Smiley

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 02:15:48 am »

Rick posted:
"I will be there barring weather shutting it down. Ramirez is here (MYTOY). It will be great to hook up!"

MYTOY... how fitting. That was his license plate on the black car. Ramirez (or McNew) was the one that named me Fred. HAHA!!

Ah! I remember you now, Danny. Wow, this is cool finally hookin' up with the old club members. Can't wait for a reunion.

I think I heard Dave call you Fred first...

I was trying to remember... were we both voted in to DKK at the same meeting?

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 02:22:50 am »

shit who are we kidden, we all are OLD now. I't going to be great to see people that we have'n seen in 20 year's. and guy's before us in DKK ! just a bunch of good ole vw geek's

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 19:07:09 pm »

welcome on the real cal look place and enjoy the lounge  Wink
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 22:39:16 pm »

"I think I heard Dave call you Fred first...
I was trying to remember... were we both voted in to DKK at the same meeting?"

Sheesh, Rick... that was so long ago, I have no idea. But I think you're correct on us getting voted in on or about the same time.

And now... it's the beginning of D.K.K. History 101. Well, my from MY viewpoint, at least. HAHA!!

My very first car that I bought and built in 1979.

Yes, I still have a flier or two around here.

And, still have my club jacket and amazingly... I still fit into it. Skateboarding and surfing have been good to me over the years.

Rick, are you gonna show up, tonight? I'm already plannin' on going... rain or not. The irony is... the last time that I remember talking to Bill in person was at the very same location in 1985. I think 23 years is long enough. Whatever happened to he Ito brothers? Cool people. I still have some of Mark Ito's shop stickers with Vince's artwork.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 00:31:40 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 22:53:27 pm »

Yep that's the car i was thinking of. that car and mcnew's car at whitter. and wishin someday DKK. do ya remember brent kooliman, he had brown squareback,he has body shop in whitter, west coast collision. got him on lounge,somebody need to get him on here more.thank for posting more history

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 23:11:20 pm »

Mark's '66 was one of those that just looked so right... always loved it. Also the Orange '66 looked good parked next to my beige '67.

I have one or two flyers myself I wanna scan them and make desktop wallpapers out of them.

I still have my club jacket but I can't believe that it ever fit me!  Shocked Couch Potato and flying a desk have NOT been good to me!  Cheesy

I'll be there arounf 6:30-7 or so.

Haven't talked to Vince in a while but we think we know where to find him.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 00:29:09 am »

Yep that's the car i was thinking of. that car and mcnew's car at whitter. and wishin someday DKK. do ya remember brent kooliman, he had brown squareback,he has body shop in whitter, west coast collision. got him on lounge,somebody need to get him on here more.thank for posting more history

I still talk to McNew... hopefully, I can get him on here, too. Yep, I remember Brent K. Dated his ex-girlfriend for a short while and also ran into him at Harbour House Cafè in Sunset Beach a couple of years back. He recognized me. He owned and/or ran a body shop in Bellflower or Downey, back then. Maybe it WAS Whittier... dunno.

Those above pictures that I posted were just shots that I took last night. My scanner hasn't worked in years, but I have access to a few friends'.

Rick, STOKED that you're showin' up tonight. Can't wait!

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 00:31:09 am »

I think that Brent's shop is actually in La Habra. He's around the corner from Boyd's

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 00:33:46 am »

Yep, I remember Brent K. Dated his ex-girlfriend for a short while

Was that the girl that could wing Mojo potatoes with deadly accuracy??  Cheesy

Rennsurfer

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 00:41:16 am »

"Was that the girl that could wing Mojo potatoes with deadly accuracy??"   Cheesy

HAHA!! Dunno... but her name was Kim. I was managing Long Beach Auto Haus from April '82 to April '84 and I remember right when I got that job, her and I went out for a few months. I still have some photos of that shop and my company jacket, stickers, shirts, etc. Built a few big engines in the back of the shop for friends after hours, there. Great memories, every time I drive by that location on the way to surf.

What about Steve Wilkenson (sp?), Lisa Maxwell, Jeff Hicken, and Shaun (drove a beautiful '74 panel Type 4 Bus with 911 wheels and engine) ?

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 00:44:21 am »

"Was that the girl that could wing Mojo potatoes with deadly accuracy??"   Cheesy

HAHA!! Dunno... but her name was Kim. I was managing Long Beach Auto Haus from April '82 to April '84 and I remember right when I got that job, her and I went out for a few months. I still have some photos of that shop and my company jacket, stickers, shirts, etc. Built a few big engines in the back of the shop for friends after hours, there. Great memories, every time I drive by that location on the way to surf.

What about Steve Wilkenson (sp?), Lisa Maxwell, Jeff Hicken, and Shaun (drove a beautiful '74 panel Type 4 Bus with 911 wheels and engine) ?

Hicken still pops in here from time to time... no leads on the others as of yet.

Lemonade
DKK

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 02:19:07 am »

Did you guys already forget about me?!???! Mark, how the heck are you? Cheesy Wow, I had forgotten about the "Stuff It & Buff It"

Kevan
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 16:56:15 pm »

fred go to this thread http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,2322.msg29952.html#msg29952 you can  find some of the dkk car  Cool
rgd
fabs  Wink

Rennsurfer

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 16:58:24 pm »

Kevin!!! How's it goin'? Longtime, no see. I hear that you're up north, now. Hope that all is well w/you. I have a few pics of your car, too... my fave Karmann Ghia of all time.

Had a good time hangin' out with a few of you last night. GOOD TIMES.

Thanks for the link to the car pics. I have tons of those from different events and gatherings. I see me and my car, here, next to Rick's.

This was a gathering of the VW clubs near my house at El Dorado park. There's Kevin on the end.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 17:04:24 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 17:49:39 pm »

Did you guys already forget about me?!???! Mark, how the heck are you? Cheesy Wow, I had forgotten about the "Stuff It & Buff It"

Kevan

How could we forget you Kev....  Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 17:58:16 pm »

Kevin!!! How's it goin'? Longtime, no see. I hear that you're up north, now. Hope that all is well w/you. I have a few pics of your car, too... my fave Karmann Ghia of all time.

Thanks for the link to the car pics. I have tons of those from different events and gatherings. I see me and my car, here, next to Rick's.

This was a gathering of the VW clubs near my house at El Dorado park. There's Kevin on the end.

let's share with us m

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 17:59:19 pm »

It was cool getting caught up last night and sharing stories! It was nice to meet Anna too. Hope we didn't bore her too much.

I remember doing that photo shoot. It was a pain getting all the cars lined up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: