The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 13:00:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Who Was Gene Berg & Gene Berg Enterprises Today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who Was Gene Berg & Gene Berg Enterprises Today  (Read 23224 times)
Ivan

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 19:51:58 pm »

Sorry Ivan, seems i missed the point. Thought this topic was leading to the products Gene has developed over the years, and how things are getting downward since he (and Clyde) are not running the shop. (Gene Berg Enterprises TODAY)
Excuse me.

No problemo!
Also - you hear good and bad about a lot of companies in our small VW world. I have an engine which is built mostly from parts from GBE. Case, Forged 78 crank, Carrillos, 90.5s, pulleys, oil system, you name it - in fact it's only the head which are not GBE - they're Pauter Machine. I've also got suspension enhancements and a locking shifter and whatever else I can't even remember.

And, 10 years or so later,  I'm not complaining about any of it.
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 20:29:48 pm »

Me neither, but the delivery times on hi-po parts are getting out of hands these days. You just feel that there are no strong minds and directions in their shop. And that makes me feel sad.

Done ? Not Yet.
Ivan

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 20:39:03 pm »

Me neither, but the delivery times on hi-po parts are getting out of hands these days. You just feel that there are no strong minds and directions in their shop. And that makes me feel sad.

An English guy called Andrew who was a massive fan of The Bergs as a family and GBE as a company works there.
I knew him when he lived here in the UK as he lived close to the VolksWorld magazine offices.
He's a good guy - If you have any issues - I am he can put your mind at rest.

Now, you've got me thinking, it's a long, long time since I had a Zotz! I'd forgotten all about them.
Donny B.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 21:02:15 pm »

Don't you mean Alister (sp).  He is married to Kathie.  As for delivery issues that began long before Clyde left.  A number of things happened.  They ran out of forgings for the ratio rockers and the cost from what I heard was huge to have more made.  They had foundry issues that prevented products from being cast.  Their computer crashed along with all the part numbers and customer numbers.  They had to do the orders by hand for a long time.  There have been a number of things happen some of their doing and some beyond their control.  Granted if Gene was still alive most of that would have been resolved quickly.  That just shows what an impact one person can have.  We take a lot of things for granted until the terrible happens.  Now here we are.  We can either support the business or not.  That is a choice for each of us.  I will continue to do business with GBE as long as they are there and I have a VW.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 22:02:22 pm »

The Berg Family has Supported the Sport OF VW Drag Racing and the R&D of new Products to Our VW Family for over 40 years  I have been buying from them since I got my First 64 VW Bettle back in 1974  they have always given Great support to the VW Clubs,VW Drag Races, Ralleys ,etc:  I Remember when Steve Sims Worked the Counter there which was before Tim, The Bergs Are and always have Been Great To Me And Knowing the Family as long as I have Its hard to See Things are not Like they Once Were in The VW World  I Will Contuine to Support GBE  as They Have Supported Us. It is Funny to think back but Clyde and Doug were only 14 or 15 years old and did not Drive Yet when I met them.   LOL

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 20:50:55 pm »

[  Granted if Gene was still alive most of that would have been resolved quickly.  That just shows what an impact one person can have.  We take a lot of things for granted until the terrible happens.  Now here we are.  We can either support the business or not.  That is a choice for each of us.  I will continue to do business with GBE as long as they are there and I have a VW.
[/quote]

Me also.

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: