The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 11:34:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350824 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Firestone F560's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Firestone F560's  (Read 4024 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« on: February 14, 2008, 22:01:57 pm »

Where can you find these tires?? I see the skinny versions are avaliable from Coker, but I know they made them in larger sizes! I cant find them anywhere. Any ideas???

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Rocket-Racing

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 22:39:47 pm »

I think they are all discontinued.. At least that is what I have been told by my local tire shop.
I see that Coker and some of the other vintage tire dealers still list the narrow ones, but not sure if they are available.
The F-560's were very nice with the classic design and wide variety of sizes. You could have 205/70's and 145's in the same tire/pattern.

I was told that Firestone discontinued them because of slow sales but that they will probably make some batches in the most wanted sizes after some time. Trouble is I bet the price will be somewhat higher..

SHINE CAN NEVER REPLACE ATTITUDE
ESH

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 23:14:35 pm »

As far as I know and as it stands in the UK currently according to the places I spoke to the F560’s are discontinued and Michelin are the only manufacturer making a 135/145 and a 205 though they’re not the same tyre type. As Rocket-Racing says Firestone were the only people to do the same tyre in such a wide range of sizes. Other than that there is Vredestein who do a 155 and a 205 but no 135/145. In the end I went with the Michelins as the 145 won over the 155 but that wouldn’t be a bad combo either.

Smiley
Joe_G

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 23:20:25 pm »

Mat you can still get 560's over here in 125, 135, 145, 155 and 165 but no wider.

Zach, have you tried www.ityre.com ?

http://www.ityre.com/en/tyres/catalog/firestone/model/3529/

They list up to 205 in the F560.
ESH

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 23:45:31 pm »

It'd be good if they did the larger size again but apparently there isn't much demand for that profile in such a range of sizes. With iTyre it looks like they only deliver the Firestoneskis within the Ukraine, that's a road trip and a bit!

Looking at it I'd worry about ordering on that site. it says

* we don't spend money to rent offices in prestige areas of the city
    * we don't spend money to keep numerous staff
    * we have a great variety of products

Roughly translated it's probably just a kid in a bedroom with a number of web sites, a number of bank accounts and an AK47, give him 15 years or so and he'll probably be over here buying a football club or something!

Cheesy
Joe_G

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 00:22:37 am »

Doh!! didn't look past the fact that they did 205 F560's!!! Cheesy Embarrassed
Sorry Zach, it might be a bit too far to go.
bullitt

everything as it was at the good old days.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:37:49 am »

zach...believe me...no quality there.....go for michelins!!!!

ant then...f 560 is relatively classic....seem to be late 80s early90s grooves design....

after 10000 miles they become like concrete....

i tried them..and i dislike them..even the design....

only thing that was good with them is that thay were cheap....i can bet they are no more....if u can find size!!!
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 02:43:37 am »

You could have 205/70's and 145's in the same tire/pattern.

That is exactly what I want... Well actually a 205/65 would be ideal.

I cant stand mismatched tires, wont have it... just one of those things that really bug the shit out of me.

So do I have any more options? Or am I just SOL??

Russell

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 00:47:29 am »

Zach

I know a place in the uk that sells all sorts.... and for the life of me i cant remember there name  i will check tomorrow and let you know, it be worth a try !

I got a few last year including harder to find sizes...

Best Regards

Russell
ESH

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18:18 am »

...didn't look past the fact that they did 205 F560's...

I was quite hopeful when I first saw that, I'd like at least a pair of them.

...I know a place in the uk that sells all sorts...

From my experience the best places in the UK are either Longstone (http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk), Northants (http://www.northhantstyres.com/) or Vintage Tyres (http://www.vintagetyres.com/) who are a part of the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu. All are good and very helpful and will probably know if it's possible to get something or not.  I got good service going through the options before buying some Michelins from Vintage Tyres.

Smiley
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 17:41:54 pm »

Zach

I know a place in the uk that sells all sorts.... and for the life of me i cant remember there name  i will check tomorrow and let you know, it be worth a try !

I got a few last year including harder to find sizes...

That would be great Russell!! Im fairly flexible on tire sizes... as long as I can get 145 fronts and anywhere from a 185-205 rear between 25"-26" tall I will be happy Smiley

Thanks!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: