The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 14:23:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  What do you think the odds are?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What do you think the odds are?  (Read 3088 times)
Lemonade
DKK

« on: February 16, 2008, 07:49:20 am »

That the LEMNADE plates from the KG that was stolen in Whittier, never recovered as far as I knew, would end up in my current town of San Ramon some 400 miles away, on a  YELLOW  new beetle?!?? My wife tells me she had seen a car @ our favorite taqueria with my old plates. I told her no way, they would never be available due to the car or plates having never been recovered. She insists she has indeed seen them. I again, tell her no way. A few months later, we are @ the same taqueria, sure enough, there is the beetle.  Huh I would check DMV every other year to see if they would happen to show up, never have been available.  How bizzare is that? Huh Huh

Kevan
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 17:15:17 pm »

Wow... that is too cool! I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep the  black and yellows on my '67 with the bill that Arnie signed.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Bruce

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 20:41:47 pm »

I would check DMV every other year to see if they would happen to show up, never have been available. 
I would make another trip down to DMV and your local police and make inquiries.  How long since the Ghia was stolen?  Have the Ghia's VIN with you at the cop shop to see if it still comes up stolen.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:49:46 am »

the plates on my ghia I kept--RUF HUH well 12 years later I went to transfer to next car project and I had to reorder plate's and I still had original in hand , fricken DMV

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Lemonade
DKK

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:19:58 am »

I would check DMV every other year to see if they would happen to show up, never have been available. 
I would make another trip down to DMV and your local police and make inquiries.  How long since the Ghia was stolen?  Have the Ghia's VIN with you at the cop shop to see if it still comes up stolen.

Ooops, I forgot to put in there that the car was taken in 1982.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:12:02 am »

Ooops, I forgot to put in there that the car was taken in 1982.

Yep, I remember that sad moment when I found out. SUCKED! I was so bummed out for you, Kev.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: