The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:39:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Old VW Dash Plaques, Pics, & Stickers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old VW Dash Plaques, Pics, & Stickers  (Read 5867 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« on: February 25, 2008, 22:12:49 pm »

I'm beyond STOKED right now... finally found a lotta stuff that was eluding me.

Note the Bug-In Japan, Robert K. Smith's personal business card from Hot VWs, Shubee's, too. Also... Mance, Deano's Dynosaurs, and O.C.I.R. ones. Les Purnell's German Car Repair and Steve's Foreign Car Parts, both of which I worked. This is a small sample of the stuff I kept.

REALLY glad to see these, again!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 18:24:28 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 22:44:59 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked cool collection mark  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:02 am »

Cool Mark!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:13:03 am »

Thanks! Rick, wasn't it you that was telling me about that old sticker? Read: HELP SPREAD VDO

For some reason, a flood of memories have been making their way back to my tiny mind after seeing all of this old stuff. Most of which I haven't laid eyes on since the early '80s. OH! Guess what? Found a picture of your car with cookie cutter rims! I'll try to get a good image of that for ya, tonight. Just got in from skateboarding a FUN new private indoor place near my house. Stay tuned!

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:07:33 am »

OH! Guess what? Found a picture of your car with cookie cutter rims! I'll try to get a good image of that for ya, tonight.!

DUDE That's my personal holy grail!! I've been searching for that since November '83!! I definitely owe ya a beer... hell a sixer!!!

On the VDO Sticker.. that was someone else.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:09:49 am by DKK Rick » Logged

Rennsurfer

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 18:46:05 pm »

Scanner time. I'm just gonna do a little per day, 'cause it's like summer outside and I must go hit the skateparks.

An old comic strip that I had on display at Long Beach Auto Haus from 1980.

This is pretty cool... my friend was living in Germany and sent me many cool old VW/Porsche things such as this. It's a fold-up map, from Volkswagen in Jan. 1960, showing a map of Germany with little VW logos everywhere. Each logo denoted where an authorized repair station and/or dealer was located. On the back side, it lists all of the respective names/addresses. I have a lotta stuff like this.

Another old pic of mine that was on display at Auto Haus. Taken in April of 1973. Someone gave it to me back in 1982 and I thought it was old THEN. HAHA!! Anyone recognize the car?

Speaking of Auto Haus, here's a couple that I took when Joe worked for me. His '60 Indian Red ragtop, my '66 Java Green, Mike's (tavern employee, nextdoor) green car and a customer's blue car.

More to follow later... I'm outta here.

~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 19:28:36 pm »

hey mark i don't know that dkk was a vintage vw club  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 19:45:48 pm »

Joe had a special dispensation to run stickers on his '60... only car like that in the club. He was running a stout motor in it... super sleeper Wink

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 19:49:17 pm »

Scanner time. I'm just gonna do a little per day, 'cause it's like summer outside and I must go hit the skateparks.

An old comic strip that I had on display at Long Beach Auto Haus from 1980.

This is pretty cool... my friend was living in Germany and sent me many cool old VW/Porsche things such as this. It's a fold-up map, from Volkswagen in Jan. 1960, showing a map of Germany with little VW logos everywhere. Each logo denoted where an authorized repair station and/or dealer was located. On the back side, it lists all of the respective names/addresses. I have a lotta stuff like this.

Another old pic of mine that was on display at Auto Haus. Taken in April of 1973. Someone gave it to me back in 1982 and I thought it was old THEN. HAHA!! Anyone recognize the car?

Speaking of Auto Haus, here's a couple that I took when Joe worked for me. His '60 Indian Red ragtop, my '66 Java Green, Mike's (tavern employee, nextdoor) green car and a customer's blue car.

More to follow later... I'm outta here.

That is Steve Setzers 67 he was in DVB when I was back in 1975 it was sephia Brown with brown BRMs

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 20:07:22 pm »

Joe had a special dispensation to run stickers on his '60... only car like that in the club. He was running a stout motor in it... super sleeper Wink
i see the T-bird exhaust  Wink that was i thought it was a sleeper  Wink

Rennsurfer

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 21:29:24 pm »

It wasn't. I had a Cal Look car in D.K.K. and a stock one in the Vintage VW Owner's Club Of America. Joe's car was the first and only stock(ish) car ever to be voted into D.K.K. and that was towards the end. Right after he got voted in, he ditched the bias ply whitewall tires for blackwall radials.

He also had matching Indian Red painted t-bars, straight blade and full overrider bumpers. He changed it up quite a bit. All the car needed was a set of BRM or 911 alloy wheels in my opinion.

Nope, I don't think I knew one person that ran a Thunderbird system. Most of us ran FourTuned and some had S&S. Joe and I both ran FourTuned merged collector systems. At one point, he had Solex 40-P11 carbs on there. Ran strong, too. The next engine he had was a really fast 1955CC fed by 48IDAs. GOOD TIMES.

That is Steve Setzers 67 he was in DVB when I was back in 1975 it was sephia Brown with brown BRMs

THAT'S who's car that is! Thanks, Shubee... I always dug that pic 'cause of his wheel color. Never saw another car like that. Haven't heard that name in years. Another old name... Mark Souter used to work at the Part Dept. counter at my local dealer; Lakewood Motors. Anyone know what happened to him? Probably a Frenchy question, yes?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 21:43:59 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 21:39:56 pm »

Nope, I don't think I knew one person that ran a Thunderbird system. Most of us ran FourTuned and some had S&S. Joe's and I both ran FourTuned merged collector systems.
[/quote]
i heard by t-bird single exhaust like s&s t-bird nad four tuned  Grin Grin
rgd
fabs

ps do you receive the mail send one hour ago  Huh

Rennsurfer

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 22:14:05 pm »

ps do you receive the mail send one hour ago  Huh

Yes I did... thanks. I just now got it because I was out skating.

~Sarge
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:19:56 am »

It wasn't. I had a Cal Look car in D.K.K. and a stock one in the Vintage VW Owner's Club Of America. Joe's car was the first and only stock(ish) car ever to be voted into D.K.K. and that was towards the end. Right after he got voted in, he ditched the bias ply whitewall tires for blackwall radials.

He also had matching Indian Red painted t-bars, straight blade and full overrider bumpers. He changed it up quite a bit. All the car needed was a set of BRM or 911 alloy wheels in my opinion.

Nope, I don't think I knew one person that ran a Thunderbird system. Most of us ran FourTuned and some had S&S. Joe and I both ran FourTuned merged collector systems. At one point, he had Solex 40-P11 carbs on there. Ran strong, too. The next engine he had was a really fast 1955CC fed by 48IDAs. GOOD TIMES.

THAT'S who's car that is! Thanks, Shubee... I always dug that pic 'cause of his wheel color. Never saw another car like that. Haven't heard that name in years. Another old name... Mark Souter used to work at the Part Dept. counter at my local dealer; Lakewood Motors. Anyone know what happened to him? Probably a Frenchy question, yes?
Here is a Picture Of Mark Souters 67, and here is another Sephia Brown 66 with Brown BRMs  but in DRF I think this was Mark Huntshacker Car
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:23:25 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 01:49:51 am »

Here is a Picture Of Mark Souters 67

Yep, I kinda remember that car. Last time I saw Mark S. right before Lakewood Motors shut down, he was driving/restoring a really nice Oval. Haven't seen him since.

~Sarge
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:11 am »

Here is a Picture Of Mark Souters 67

Yep, I kinda remember that car. Last time I saw Mark S. right before Lakewood Motors shut down, he was driving/restoring a really nice Oval. Haven't seen him since.
Mark Also Had A Red Ghia with Polished Empi 8 Spokes after he Sold This 67 It Looks alot like the one on the Other Thread with the filled in nose that was the late 70's early 80's that he had the Ghia

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:45:11 am »

Mark Also Had A Red Ghia with Polished Empi 8 Spokes after he Sold This 67 It Looks alot like the one on the Other Thread with the filled in nose that was the late 70's early 80's that he had the Ghia
[/quote]

I don't recall that car... but thanks for the history.

~Sarge
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 02:56:07 am »

Mark Also Had A Red Ghia with Polished Empi 8 Spokes after he Sold his 67 It Looks alot like the one on the Other Thread with the filled in nose that was the late 70's early 80's that he had the Ghia

I don't recall that car... but thanks for the history.
[/quote]

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »