The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:54:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351086 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  145 80 R15 in central Europ where could I buy???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 145 80 R15 in central Europ where could I buy???  (Read 10007 times)
GreenTom

« on: February 26, 2008, 09:19:07 am »

I have a big problem

I roll on 145 65 R15 Bridgestone from smart (very popular size here for 145's) they are one 5,5" repo garburners. I have a huge gap!!! I roll on narrowed beam (CB one 2") and a BP antirollbar and the car is low but the gap is too big, but I can't lower it more cuz the antiroll bar is scratching the flore... I'm lokkoing forward to but CB dropped spindles and rise it on the beam will it work? I mean if it will bring my antiroll bar higher of the flore and minimalize he gap?

please give me some adwice...
what to do or where could I buy a 145 full profile (145 80 R15) tire in: Germany, Holland, Belgium, Czech republic or Slovakie. I'm from Poland.
I know that CB sels that tires but buying a european tires through company in USA Cheesy sound a little bit redicoulus.

thanx
Tom.
my problem:

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
jaakko

55 old school oval

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:00 am »

Mayby your local dealer ?

http://www.oponytanio.pl/

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:30 am »

I know Michelin has a special factory/sales outlet in the Netherlands, dedicated to oldtimer tyres.
I believe the XZX 145/15 is sill available.
Any local tyre dealer should be able to order a set there. If they can't, you might want to contact them directly.
Otherwise just google your favorite band and I'm sure you'll find something.
Sander/DVK

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 12:01:50 pm »

What do you think of 135/80 15? The beetle below run on 135/80 15 from Toyo. Very nice tire.

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
qubek

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 13:52:15 pm »

http://oldtimercentrum.abc24.pl/default.asp?kat=32024&pro=184585

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 15:03:17 pm »

My tire pusher have a set in stock. I'm from Denmark, but sending them to Poland should be a problem  Wink

Send me a PM and I'll get a price for tires and postage.

/Rolf
GreenTom

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 17:01:04 pm »

thanx for replys.

135 looks just grate. Smiley
I was looking in the net in Polish shops and I've asked the local dealer... only one question they asked: "do you mean the motocycle tyre?" Cheesy

so I decided to ask Propper people Cheesy

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
GreenTom

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 21:18:16 pm »

oh and what about just putting the CB dropped spindels? wil it allowe me to stay with those tyres and will make enough gap between the antiroll bar and the ground with the wheels hiden uder the fender?

thanks for advices (oh... I don't use the caster shims yet I'm putting them soon)

and how manny of you drive with out antiroll bars??? cuz I've seen quite a lot cars with out them also on drag streep... is it safe? Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 21:28:30 pm by GreenTom » Logged

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Matthias M

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 14:25:30 pm »

I know Michelin has a special factory/sales outlet in the Netherlands, dedicated to oldtimer tyres.
I believe the XZX 145/15 is sill available.
Any local tyre dealer should be able to order a set there. If they can't, you might want to contact them directly.
Otherwise just google your favorite band and I'm sure you'll find something.

Yvre, I am fond of your rear tires ! The moulded lip all around matches so kindly with Deep Sixes... I remind it is a pair of Michelin XVS. I found this periode tire on catalogue here in France but I can not afford it at a price about 200€ ! Do you know a bargain on this kind of rubber ?
nicolas

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 14:55:30 pm »

why not opt for a tire of the To#¤ta prius it is a 165/65/15 and it is as tall as a 135 tire and wider, but not too big in my opinion. i payed 55 or 60 euros for one.

GreenTom

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 16:32:26 pm »

I just like the 145 look Smiley any tips and tricx for my problem??
SDT spindles + 145 80 R15
dropped spidles + 145 65 R15..

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 19:42:53 pm »

why would you run 145/65/15 with dropped spindles as opposed to 145R15?
that's perfectly possible!!

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
GreenTom

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 02:33:56 am »

hmm a little bit more clear please Smiley

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
qubek

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:40 am »

hmm a little bit more clear please Smiley
I think he means that you can use 145/80 AND dropped spindles.
Anyway, I don't think you will ever be able to set a Bug low enough to get rid of a gap between fender and 145/65 tire if you want do drive on Polish roads. It's impossible. It's difficult even with 155/70-15.

GreenTom

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:10 am »

Qubek, You also know that we say in Poland: "polisch people can do everything" Smiley

I just wanna try everything... "Life is a lesson, You'll learn it when You're through..." Cheesy

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
qubek

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 10:06:17 am »

I am through. I've learned my lesson.
Even with anti roll bar removed, you would be hitting the ground with your beam, frame head and spear wheel well all the time. You can ignore damaged spear wheel well, but you can't ignore the first two, because they are structural parts. And believe me, you will damage them, unless you buy a trailer to move your car around.

This is something that someone living in (for example) Germany will never understand, luckily for him.

GreenTom

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 17:38:12 pm »

At the moment I'm driving lower than you and It's not so bad... I would like other people to write here... We've got polish forum Qbek to talk with eichother  Smiley

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
rebel

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 00:45:28 am »

At the moment I'm driving lower than you and It's not so bad... I would like other people to write here... We've got polish forum Qbek to talk with eichother  Smiley

Welp,

I've got a set of these 145/65 I got from you and driving on them throu the last season was really nice. Apart from the big gap between the tire and the fender. Smiley
I'm in in the process of dumping my super more seriously. I'm really curious if it's gonna work Smiley Just a day or two of work on the suspesion and things are going to get clear.
If it won't work, I'll probably switch for 135/80 Smiley
I like the idea of an oldschool combo 165R15 rear 135R15 front Smiley

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 14:36:45 pm »

Tom,
As I said, I run a stock beam with Sway-A-Way adjusters, torsion bar, CB dropped spindles and 145/80 tyres. No problems.
I just had a slight interference between the suspension arm and the weights that were used to balance my wheels, but that is now sorted.
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 19:32:29 pm »

Tom,

if you still want some, I could arrange some for you...
There easy to find here in Belgium.  You could come and pick them up when you pass.

Jelle

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 03:32:49 am »

You also know that we say in Poland: "polish people can do everything" Smiley

That's not what they say about us over here!! Cheesy

You need to either remove the anti roll bar, or get one that is designed to work properly on a lowered front.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
GreenTom

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 14:17:09 pm »

You also know that we say in Poland: "polish people can do everything" Smiley

That's not what they say about us over here!! Cheesy

You need to either remove the anti roll bar, or get one that is designed to work properly on a lowered front.

uuuu Are you responsible for that bad name of "Us" in states Zach... Wink Show Youre polish soul Cheesy bee good and trust worthy as typical Polish bloke Wink (I think You are any way) Wink

with the beam I have the antirollbar for lowered beam and also narrowed... but I probobly will have to runn with no bar for a wille cuz I had a crash and it look a bitt bent - the beam is BENT Smiley bedly... (I just brought a new narrowed and lowered beam kit from UK but with no antiroll bar.. we just runn out of those).

At the moment I have 155/80 R15 Veredesteins on front and 185/80 R15 also veredesteins on the back (145/80 R15 are waiting on my balcony Wink those are remoulded english tyres don't know if will put Them on - just like the look of veredesteins all around Wink )

Jelle thanx Smiley I'll remember that what make are those tyres You're talking about? by the way thanx for grate time on Sunday.

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 23:23:44 pm »

At the moment I have 155/80 R15 Veredesteins on front and 185/80 R15 also veredesteins on the back (145/80 R15 are waiting on my balcony Wink those are remoulded english tyres don't know if will put Them on - just like the look of veredesteins all around Wink )

I have the same shoes for my wheels, I love how they look. Cool A nice price compared to Michelins, I have them since 2 years and they run nicely. I've tried 145/65 but they are too much "low profile" and you have to lower too much the front suspension for it looks nice on the car.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 23:27:29 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: