The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 19:02:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  2008 - F1 Talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2008 - F1 Talk  (Read 15624 times)
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 23:20:42 pm »

ChampCar has not started yet. I don't follow it as much as I used to. I believe the 1st race is this wekend.

look after franck this a great driver
gibber!

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 23:48:24 pm »

My girlfriend told me a couple of weeks ago that she's splashed the cash for us both to go to Monaco this year for the whole GP weekend...! Can't wait!
We've been to Silverstone a few times over the years.... it really is an awesome experience if you get the chance, but I kinda understand what 'McLovin' says about watching it on TV, I think Baseball is more interesting on TV than going to the game- although the one game I went to I did enjoy- I reckon it's down to all the extra information you get.
Saying that, I've heard the 'Kangaroo' coverage available at most of the GPs is supposed to be good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/--1tvFyRNXc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/--1tvFyRNXc</a>

.... just a short film from '05 with the lads.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 00:01:45 am by gibber! » Logged

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

1967 1500 Beetle
1970 Karmann Ghia

SSVWC member
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 23:59:54 pm »

My girlfriend told me a couple of weeks ago that she's splashed the cash for us both to go to Monaco this year for the whole GP weekend...! Can't wait!
We've been to Silverstone a few times over the years.... it really is an awesome experience if you get the chance, but I kinda understand what 'McLovin' says about watching it on TV, I think Baseball is more interesting on TV than going to the game- although the one game I went to I did enjoy- I reckon it's down to all the extra information you get.
Saying that, I've heard the 'Kangaroo' coverage available at most of the GPs is supposed to be good.

Cool I would KILL to see the Monaco GP!! We've used something similar to Kangaroo at a NASCAR race... very cool!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 19:47:05 pm »

Cool I would KILL to see the Monaco GP!! We've used something similar to Kangaroo at a NASCAR race... very cool!

you could come home in PARIS and we go together to see Monaco GP but  prefer going to SPA gp its my favourite track
a track for men
LuftsickTero

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 15:23:03 pm »

Race or no race during the weekend but sport remains in headlines Cheesy

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 17:18:09 pm »

you could come home in PARIS and we go together to see Monaco GP but  prefer going to SPA gp its my favourite track
a track for men

Ooo... SPA is another track I would love to see!!

mg

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 18:02:38 pm »

The FIA is headed by a practising sadomasochist with Nazi tendencies. Huh

Mosley was alleged to have taken part in a Nazi-style orgy with five prostitutes. The News of the World published video stills of a man that it claimed was Mosley, alleging that he was pretending to be a Nazi concentration camp commandant punishing girls dressed as camp inmates.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3262_3371340,00.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 18:06:27 pm by MG » Logged
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 00:42:39 am »

Isn't News of the World the British equivalent of The National Enquirer?

LuftsickTero

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:55 am »

What channel(s) show F1 races live in USA?

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 19:18:12 pm »

The Speed Channel has them

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 15:27:12 pm »

The Speed Channel has them

Thanks. Speed Channel had even better commentary than we get with MTV3  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 15:33:43 pm by LuftsickTero » Logged

mg

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 13:53:22 pm »

"Lovers of wheel to wheel action wouldn't have been watching anyway as Barcelona usually battles it out with Budapest and Magny Cours for dullest procession imaginable". Grin
'Heikki hit the wall at 26Gs'
It was a relief not to watch Lewis make a mess of it, again.
Indy racer SB seems to be in a habit of trying to make everyone else look good.
It would be more interesting to see cruising Kimi Raikkonen having to push it in more than just qualifing.
more info here.
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/0,18953,3438,00.html
alex d

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 15:06:05 pm »

"Lovers of wheel to wheel action wouldn't have been watching anyway as Barcelona usually battles it out with Budapest and Magny Cours for dullest procession imaginable". Grin

yep, the Barcelona circuit is boring to watch races, in fact it's even boring to drive (unless you have something like 300hp I guess)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 16:22:44 pm »

So who made it out to Monaco last weekend? I'd love to hear about it! Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 11:54:25 am »

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: