The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:12:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350692 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Seat Tracks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seat Tracks  (Read 1260 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: March 20, 2008, 19:26:05 pm »

One of the reasons I have not been driving my bug recently is that the driver's seat keeps coming out of the seat tracks. If you push too hard on the pedals it pops out of the front and you end up looking at the ceiling. (Real fun while in traffic.) Taking a close look at the floor pans I noticed someone has put a couple of bolts through the rails and into the pan. (Cheap replacement pans) I was thinking of taking some u-blots and putting them over the seat frames and then through the floor. The only other thing I can think of is to re-weld the tracks to the floor or replace the pan halves. I would have to get access to a welder for either of those. Any thoughts on this?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 19:29:45 pm »

One of the reasons I have not been driving my bug recently is that the driver's seat keeps coming out of the seat tracks. If you push too hard on the pedals it pops out of the front and you end up looking at the ceiling. (Real fun while in traffic.) Taking a close look at the floor pans I noticed someone has put a couple of bolts through the rails and into the pan. (Cheap replacement pans) I was thinking of taking some u-blots and putting them over the seat frames and then through the floor. The only other thing I can think of is to re-weld the tracks to the floor or replace the pan halves. I would have to get access to a welder for either of those. Any thoughts on this?

--louis
fix it right it could be bad news if you were rear ended just being straped in by a seat belt is not enough

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: