The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 15:59:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  my birthday gift
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: my birthday gift  (Read 10939 times)
bmxnut65

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 01:09:39 am »

Fab, your car looks great,I hope you put those wheels on soon and show us some more pics. Henry

Der Kleiner Panzers
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 21:22:15 pm »

Fab, your car looks great,I hope you put those wheels on soon and show us some more pics. Henry
for sure henry i will post some pictures and thx for the kind word
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Donny B.

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 23:21:01 pm »

Too bad you will have to loose the Porsche brakes to add the wheels, but it will be worth it for the look!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
SlingShot

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 23:48:55 pm »

Fabs, I will trade you some VW Drums straight accross for your 356 Drums. I will even cover shipping  Wink

Will Race For Beer !!!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 01:38:11 am »

Fabs, I will trade you some VW Drums straight accross for your 356 Drums. I will even cover shipping  Wink

Shocked  You're such a giver Sling!  Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 21:36:19 pm »

no no slinger i guard my porsches drums and maybe one day i will sale them but for the time it's NO  Grin Grin
here's some pictures i took yesterday  after cleaning the bug , and just put the torquer in front of the black wheels what do you think  Roll Eyes

Tobi/DFL

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:57 am »

VERY NICE! Cool
IP359

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 10:34:19 am »

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccce (like Borat said)
I'm impatient to see it during the EBI 2....
Good job, Fabs !

Phil West

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 15:23:06 pm »

hy guys just to share with you my birthday gift   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hope you will appreciate those one
here we go  Grin Grin

Fabian,

I'm thinking of putting a pair of these on the rear my '61, short rear axles with Type 3 drums.  I think these are 5 inch rims?  I have some 10mm spacers to widen the track a bit.  What size tyres will you use on the rears?  I have some 215/70s which I offered up to a rim but the inner width of the tyre is wider than the actual rim.  So it would be a big squeeze to get them on, not sure how 'bulgy' the tyres would end up.  Just wondered what you've managed to squeeze on to yours.  Also i understand the rim on the wheels as sold is just machined metal, was it a big job getting so fine a polish on this rims, they look 100% now.  i'm presuming you got the polish first and then painted them after?

Very cool rims though.  How often do you see original ones?  I only recall seeing the one set on Bernie's oval.

Cheers
Phil
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 15:48:36 pm »

did somebody say that the front was wrecked? well ya can't tell the car look's great. the only thing missen is the fricken licken, cheer's

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 16:02:17 pm »

did somebody say that the front was wrecked? well ya can't tell the car look's great. the only thing missen is the fricken licken, cheer's

Yep, right before Bug-In 33.

You're right... WHERE'S THE LICKIN'?

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 17:18:58 pm »

You're right... WHERE'S THE LICKIN'?

Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 17:38:08 pm »

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 18:06:36 pm »

thx guys  Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 18:36:17 pm »

hy guys just to share with you my birthday gift   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hope you will appreciate those one
here we go  Grin Grin

Fabian,

I'm thinking of putting a pair of these on the rear my '61, short rear axles with Type 3 drums.  I think these are 5 inch rims?  I have some 10mm spacers to widen the track a bit.  What size tyres will you use on the rears?  I have some 215/70s which I offered up to a rim but the inner width of the tyre is wider than the actual rim.  So it would be a big squeeze to get them on, not sure how 'bulgy' the tyres would end up.  Just wondered what you've managed to squeeze on to yours.  Also i understand the rim on the wheels as sold is just machined metal, was it a big job getting so fine a polish on this rims, they look 100% now.  i'm presuming you got the polish first and then painted them after?

Very cool rims though.  How often do you see original ones?  I only recall seeing the one set on Bernie's oval.

Cheers
Phil
thx phil
the wheels are just sandblasted and just a satin varnish on , no color , and after we have polish the wheels
i will go with 185 cinturato on the rear because i've just a 1200cc with extra HP  Grin and the tyres on the empi 5 were 215/65/15 too big for my little engine
i never seen the one on bernie's oval , but i saw one in the box at the last bug in and the set on dave galassi 62 an d i licked those one  Grin Grin Grin ,but those rims are very rare and cost a lot of $$$$$

lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 18:41:09 pm »

hy guys just to share with you my birthday gift   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes hope you will appreciate those one
here we go  Grin Grin

Fabian,

Cheers
Phil

I have some with 205/70 on them, out off the box, no polish job on mine...
on short axles without spacers

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Phil West

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 09:54:42 am »

here we go  Grin Grin

Fabian,

Cheers
Phil
thx phil
the wheels are just sandblasted and just a satin varnish on , no color , and after we have polish the wheels
i will go with 185 cinturato on the rear because i've just a 1200cc with extra HP  Grin and the tyres on the empi 5 were 215/65/15 too big for my little engine
i never seen the one on bernie's oval , but i saw one in the box at the last bug in and the set on dave galassi 62 an d i licked those one  Grin Grin Grin ,but those rims are very rare and cost a lot of $$$$$

Man you gotta love rims to lick them!  Me I'm more of a rubber man, big meats do it for me!  So - you managed to get a 215 on a 5 inch empi 5 ok?  Not sure what my tyre guy is gonna say about getting them on....
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 10:27:07 am »

215? Pah, try a 245/60 on a 5.5" rim, clears the springplate too an a long axle Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Phil West

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 10:54:17 am »

215? Pah, try a 245/60 on a 5.5" rim, clears the springplate too an a long axle Grin

woaah that's some big meats.  That thing must be like a steam roller going round bends.  Whoever put the meat on must have had a serious struggle.  Crazy!  Those things are the soft ones too - must be good for 300 horse?  What's the lump?
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 11:20:13 am »

1776, fk10, 40x35.5 heads!

that was just a spare tyre and wheel i had kicking around and put it on for shits and giggles Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: