The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:50:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  how to wire a mag + a pro control as rev limiter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how to wire a mag + a pro control as rev limiter  (Read 3023 times)
jr59

« on: May 28, 2008, 15:40:46 pm »

Hi,
Well back to work I need advice to be sure to not make mistake ..
I want to put a vertex OAC on an engine with the pro control to have the rev limiter.I found tech sheet on autometer support (I attach the file) but neeless to say that I'm not sure of anything.
I know that to have the mag working alone I just have to wire to the ground  (with a on/off switch between) the bolt on the side.
On the file I have with pro control ,I need to put 2 wire from it to the mag..but not ground..so advice will be helpfull!
I know that some fellow racers here use to run this device,so.... Wink

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 17:54:39 pm »

Don't quite understand your problem – just follow the wiring diagram as shown. Two wires go from the magneto (in fact you can run just one and then bridge it across from the 'Trig' terminal on the Pro-Control to the 'NO' one). One acts as the sender so the Pro-Control can record the engine rpm, the other grounds the mag through the Pro-Control when max revs are reached. Just follow the diagram exactly – you'll do fine!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
jr59

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:42 am »

thanks for the reply keith!
I just needed this confirmation.In the past we had Tikled pink with the device but now we have nothin to compare so thanks a lot

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:45:16 am »

One thing I have found out is that you cant use the "magneto signal converter" for a regular tach, when you have the pro controller.
I have been on the phone twice with Autometer to figure out how to do it, but they don't know... if someone do, please tell me.
In the end I got myself a tach for a magneto.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
jr59

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:52:29 am »

that's the other problem..the tach  on the car is a MOON (by autometer) so now I know that we going to lost it! to go with special one for the mag!
thanks for the info about he converter (that's the device I was thinking about Wink)

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 12:15:31 pm »

Sorry to hear that, if you post both the wiring diagram for the converter and the pro-controller up here, maybe some one with an eye for wires can help you. It aught to work, but Autometer couldn't care less....  Just an ida

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: