The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:37:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351082 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cool drive...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool drive...  (Read 2538 times)
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« on: May 22, 2008, 20:58:27 pm »

I was arranging my workshop this evening and had to put my '67 outside.
Instead off putting it back in when finished I decided to go for a quick drive, hadn't been out for over a month now.

Just a ten minute drive but taking it through all it gears at 7000+ rpm sure felt good Cool

Funny how good a little drive can feel

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 21:01:50 pm »

Yeah, I am having serious with drawls since taking the '67 of the road last month to start its resto. I miss driving it.  Cry

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Gaz1

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 21:32:23 pm »

Not drove my 67 for a while now,no engine in at the moment so it'll be a while longer yet as well  Sad
ESH

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:44:47 am »

My ‘63s been on the backburner for a couple of months and there’s a few outstanding jobs to sort on it but the other day I had to move it out of the garage and I ended up doing the exact same thing.

Was pretty good fun…

Cheesy

Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:57:34 pm »

great pic, Mat!  Cool

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 13:00:45 pm »

I can totally relate...I haven't even seen my Bug since February.  I know when it does come back to the house the same thing will happen!

Altho I do tend to rely on the kindess of friends and neighbors during withdrawl sometimes.  Couple weeks ago I was visiting with Mike Maize, and we went and drug his 'vert out of storage and had a mini "California day."  That kind of stuff helps a lot!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
ESH

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 13:51:06 pm »

great pic, Mat!  Cool

Thanks! I parked it there to remind me to get things sorted so I can get out in it and drive it again. I figure if I see it sat there it'll help move things along. I think it's working...

Smiley
ESH

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 13:52:05 pm »

...I haven't even seen my Bug since February.  I know when it does come back to the house the same thing will happen...
That was pretty much my situation, I sent the car off somewhere in late January or February while we got things straight at home and only got it back a couple of weeks back. Still stuff to do but the car's on the priority list now whereas a month or so back it wasn't even a factor. With the winter being pretty quiet over here car wise it wasn't such a big thing but it's effectively the Summer now so it's play time...

Smiley
Mike Maize

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 15:13:22 pm »

I can totally relate...I haven't even seen my Bug since February.  I know when it does come back to the house the same thing will happen!

Altho I do tend to rely on the kindess of friends and neighbors during withdrawl sometimes.  Couple weeks ago I was visiting with Mike Maize, and we went and drug his 'vert out of storage and had a mini "California day."  That kind of stuff helps a lot!
Dont forget you got to drive a SPG roller stroker with old solex carbs on Gene's manifolds too! Not to shabby for a cruising day. That was a really fun day. Rain finally stopped and I was out buzzing around in the convertible last night Tongue
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 15:38:46 pm »

That's true, I did!  Such a cool engine.  Glad to hear you got the 'vert out. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: