The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:06:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  what is your colour?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is your colour?  (Read 2234 times)
nicolas

« on: June 01, 2008, 16:42:54 pm »

i have been reading up in the belgian magazine called roadbookmagazine and they have some really nice articles about old and nostalgic cars. all the shots are B&W, but digital and they have some nice archiveprints as well.
i know very little about other makes, but since i read about all these classics, i have been wanting to know more about them. it is just nice to know what has been going on in motorsports in general.

so i have read about the auto union typ A and found something that i liked a lot. seems that before the cars were painted in the colours of their sponsors, all cars were painted according to their nations colour.

green = Great Brittan
blue = France
Red = Italy
yellow = Belgium (so good choice again Roland  Grin )
white = Germany

so when the TYP A was build Ferdinand Porsche asked the federation of Germany if he could change the colour from white to metallic silver. the reason was to safe another few pounds of weight of the paint. the cars had to have a weight of minimum 750KG and he wanted that non the less. so his option was to leave the body in the original aluminium colour. so this car was just 750 KG without paint.

afterwards there were of course the "silver arrow armada" that made german racers popular in grand prix races and le mans.

so what colour is your car and to which country do you affiliate???  Grin

jick

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 17:52:59 pm »

green.... Wink   

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 20:54:01 pm »

well it's not really on purpose but since i got the right color for my country, yay!  Grin

Glitter don't make you faster.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: