The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:27:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  modified j tube heat exchangers.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: modified j tube heat exchangers.  (Read 11608 times)
youngnstudly

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 02:33:30 am »

I was impressed with these....

Ribs were used through out for heat transfer

Cheers,

J

Damn, those are WAY too much work! Modifying the stock (German) ones is much easier then starting from scratch. You can't use the stock fins in any instance due to the shape they are inside, but there are many other ways to add fins for heat transfer. I think a variation of the 40hp boxes would be simple and effective. I didn't build any 40hp style ones, but I would give it a thought before doing anything too drastic. Less work in the end.

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
67worshipper

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 10:11:08 am »

i know people have modified j tubes into heat exchangers.can anyone follow this up with pictures please.they obviously wont give as much heat as proper heat exchangers but will take the chill off an interior for extra usage in the colder months.thanks in advance Grin
Your car has had the tubes cut off the heater channels.  Just put a hot potato in your jacket pocket.
yes i know luke.i was just interested in the fabrication of it and if people still played with these ideas.that potatoes keeping me warm for sure Grin

vw hot rod heaven
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: