The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 21:56:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  things wrong with EBI2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: things wrong with EBI2  (Read 41157 times)
Russell

« on: July 08, 2008, 22:32:25 pm »

things wrong with EBI2

1) Too short
2) The rain on saturday
3) Miss Bugin was already spoken for !

Best Regards

Russell
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:49:45 am »

may i add:

-one hour queues to get in during peak hours when there's 2 people at the gates

-reserved camping and show n shine spots that weren't reserved at all.

-ridiculous sanitary facilities, you could count the showers on one hand.

-where's the love for the show n shine? it looked like a parking area with only 3 club stand Huh DFL, DKT and ours.

-who invented the ridiculous idea of VIP-ing this and that?? there was literally f*ck to do. you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink.

-theft at the camping site

-what's up with all the french commentary, i thought we were at the european bug-in.

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
alex d

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:50:55 am »

I couldn't attend  Angry Sad Sad Undecided
Russell

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:45 pm »

Diederick

having read your post i will agree with the queues and the VIP Passes, however i think they have been misunderstood.

The CSP one was for access to there own hostpialltiy tent, which is there own thing.
the Gasser Garage one didnt work out how it was intended it was meant to be a Pit Pass for drivers and there crews it was not meant to be a socal gathering trackside, however it did get to this at some points and Im sure you will have seen both Kobus and myself putting up tape and moving people with Gasser Garage passes out of the area. One real problem was to get your timing ticket was to walk up the side of the track which in any normal drag event wouldnt happen.

the gasser garage cars were available for access at all other times when racing was not ongoing and this was for Safety Reasons only. On the Friday night there was numerous people milling around the cars and the lounge meet...... and on saturday morning we spent 1 hour cleaning the track from empty and broken bottles, bottle tops, papers, etc.

Your other points i cant comment on the showers or the camping but Im sure the EBI crew will make further improvments for next year.

I did speak with some of the DFL guys and did have an understanding for the way the passes seemed to be misunderstood both by the event marshalls and the paying show goers.

Best Regards

Russell
Udo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:02 pm »

"who invented the ridiculous idea of VIP-ing this and that?? there was literally f*ck to do. you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink."

I heard about it and could not believe this .
Please teach the track crew about doing it right , you can not put glue on a track during the day .......
I think there will be less race cars each year . Or are you planning to do a Gasser only event ?
Udo
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:42:59 pm by Udo » Logged

Mario/DKT

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 13:28:17 pm »

Perhaps so much of the visitor's expects too much of the bugin.
Some participants say this and that is not ok.

See it as aircooled-meeting - and you are not so disappointed.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 13:34:40 pm by Mario/DKT » Logged

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 14:03:42 pm »

Perhaps so much of the visitor's expects too much of the bugin.
Some participants say this and that is not ok.

See it as aircooled-meeting - and you are not so disappointed.

Very well put dude - as you say I think some people expect too much from this event, its only in its second year and I think that Kobus, fred and mike did an AWSOME job  Smiley

Things like Queues and Theft are all a part of ANY large Festival/event - with that many people in one place you are bound to get some idiots  Roll Eyes I am not defending this behaviour in anyway and I would be PISSED if anything of mine went missing - Just be thankfull you didn't find a LOCAL DRUNK in your bed at 4am on sunday like I did  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think we need to give Kobus and the crew some love for their efforts - think of it like this : this year was even better than last year so next year should be UNF$^KINBELIEVABLE Wink Smiley No pressure guys  Smiley

Also just my 2 cents  Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 14:44:35 pm by monkiboy » Logged

You either "Get It" or you don't......
wolfswest

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 14:14:01 pm »

I got myself a vip card in a strange way but how do you normally get a vip pass?  Pay more, ...?

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 14:31:46 pm »

things wrong with EBI2

1) Too short
2) The rain on saturday

These seem to be valid points, for sure. Any pictures of Miss Bug-In, perhaps?

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Prowagen

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 14:50:12 pm »

Please teach the track crew about doing it right , you can not put glue on a track during the day .......

The track crew, which I was part of do know how to do things right! I am the novice of the lot the other guys have massive amounts of experience, 1 of them being international race director of Santa Pod for 12 years, Another being the starter at Santa pod for 10 years, another track and fire crew of Avon park for 15 years and last but not least One of then ran Custom Car Street eliminator for years and runs the ultimate power drag racing series which is all top fule high level stuff!
So I am sure they can prep a track better than most especially for what are slow cars in their opinion, these guys are used to V8's and 7 second street cars!
As for the glue it was a waterbased product and can and was applied to the track without problems, I think these guys know what they are doing and are very capable of running events!

As for the show in general 1 word Awesome!

I think prople are just being a little fussy, you cannnot start to comprehend the work that goes into putting on a show like this! I think Kobus and everyone involved did a fantastic job. You try and put a show of that scale on! You would then realise how hard it is and quit your whinging!

Rob.
Prowagen

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 14:51:44 pm »

did you see that on the event
before the beer  Grin

and after the beer  Shocked

the most important that nobody was hurt

Holy crap was that the UK bus with the Turbo motor?
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 14:52:53 pm »

before the beer  Grin

F*ck, what happened?

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Lee.C

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 14:53:24 pm »

before the beer  Grin

"Holy crap"

Just what I was thinking - where did that happen Huh

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 14:53:43 pm »

Holy crap was that the UK bus with the Turbo motor?
"Was" being the operative word...

Happened on a wet roundabout about 10 mins from the port at Dunkirk.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 14:54:04 pm »

I don't have had any problems with the organization. Maybe the camp site is not very comfortable. Try to sleep in a tent that is bend from 45°. Even after some Chimay beers.  Cheesy Cheesy
Prices of the event seems correct regarding the quality of things.
I also received a vip pass that I normally shouldn't have. It gave me opportunities to live the show from the inside. But I will not frustrated to don't have one. I understand that it is necessary to put limits to prevent accidents on the track and if sponsor will makes some private party for good customers, it is normal.

things wrong with EBI2

1) Too short
2) The rain on saturday

These seem to be valid points, for sure. Any pictures of Miss Bug-In, perhaps?

Grin

Wink Wink

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 14:58:40 pm »

What's happens to this Bus  Shocked Shocked

That's a very sad news!
Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 15:02:39 pm »

J-F, thanks for the Miss Bug-In pic. Anyone got any more?

WOW, that's very sad about that Bus. I hate to ask... but how did that happen? On the track, or just driving?

~Sarge
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 15:06:08 pm »

don't really know hat happen to the bus and his driver
nobody was hurt thats all I know

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 15:19:18 pm »

I just read on another forum that's accident happens in a roundabout? There was diesel spread on the street and the driver loosed control.  Huh
I don't know if it is true.
richie

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 15:20:57 pm »

NO YOU DONT,BUT YOU ALREADY ACUSED HIM OF DRUNK DRIVING TWICE,I sorry but you are an arsehole for this Angry Angry Huh

This happened 200kms away from the track on monday afternoon,when just outside Dunkirque ferry port on a wet road covered in diesel fuel,its sad enough that this happened but for people to put misinformation and lies is really SICK,you need to remove your post,appologise and go away

Richie webb

For th rest,Chris and his passenger were ok,just a little bruised but nothing serious

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 15:25:59 pm »

Well said...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
ESH

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 15:28:08 pm »

I don't have the full story of what happened to the bus but from what I know it happened near the port leaving France on the way home and was caused by wet roads, some diesel and a curb which is the reason for the damaged wheel (/s). There were two people in it when it happened and both are fine though they were obviously shaken up. As I understand it the Bus will live again and having met its owner a couple of times I have no reason to believe it won't. Everything that went into making such a good van in the first place (it's without a doubt amongst the best in the UK) will serve it well for the 'tidy up'. You don't get a bus that good without some determination. A horrible end to the weekend in one way but another way of looking at it is it could have been far worse. All the best to those involved in the accident and good luck to the owner getting it straightened out again.

In short, it's an older vehicle that, as we all know is much more difficult to drive than a modern car and he was unfortunate enough to have been caught out by difficult driving conditions.

Sad
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 15:33:02 pm »

may i add:

-one hour queues to get in during peak hours when there's 2 people at the gates

-reserved camping and show n shine spots that weren't reserved at all.

-ridiculous sanitary facilities, you could count the showers on one hand.

-where's the love for the show n shine? it looked like a parking area with only 3 club stand Huh DFL, DKT and ours.

-who invented the ridiculous idea of VIP-ing this and that?? there was literally f*ck to do. you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink.

-theft at the camping site

-what's up with all the french commentary, i thought we were at the european bug-in.

Amen!! Cry

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
Lee.C

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 15:36:11 pm »

NO YOU DONT,BUT YOU ALREADY ACUSED HIM OF DRUNK DRIVING TWICE,I sorry but you are an arsehole for this Angry Angry Huh

This happened 200kms away from the track on monday afternoon,when just outside Dunkirque ferry port on a wet road covered in diesel fuel,its sad enough that this happened but for people to put misinformation and lies is really SICK,you need to remove your post,appologise and go away

Richie webb

For th rest,Chris and his passenger were ok,just a little bruised but nothing serious

Well put..... glad everyone is ok even if the van ain't  Sad

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 15:38:16 pm »

J-F, thanks for the Miss Bug-In pic. Anyone got any more?

WOW, that's very sad about that Bus. I hate to ask... but how did that happen? On the track, or just driving?

mark here's one for you  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Jøran Larssen

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 16:05:12 pm »

I am obviously one of the guys that misunderstood the VIP pass system.

I actually had a drag race ticket as well, but never used it as I was not able to bring my car. I also had a ticket that CSP sent me, and when arriving to EBI, I received a VIP pass from the crew at the gate, but with no explanation of what kind of limits this pass might have. 

I did walk around in the gasser garage area and other “limited” areas having a great time the whole weekend, and no one did tell me if I was “trespassing” or not. If I did, I do apologize.

Anyway, I had a great time, and would like to send a big thank you to everyone involved with a super show, the guys behind it, and all of the people attending.

I will definately be back next year!!

Jøran
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 16:11:22 pm by Jøran Larssen » Logged

SCC 2010: 11.103 @ 192.00 km/h
Rennsurfer

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 16:20:05 pm »

mark here's one for you  Wink

Right on, Fabian! Leave it to Dyno to be at the right place at the right time. Good on both of ya.

(edit) Sheesh... I'm slow. I just realized who she is. That's Monica, Kobus' girlfriend, if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 17:27:07 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
flatfire

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 16:32:45 pm »

A major bummer about Chris's split. Very upsetting. A great bloke and such a sweet van. Cry

The weekend was great fun and something to savour seeing cal look/race car/gasser legends.

We were pitted beside the race control tower and wondered why the original designers of the race circuit didn't make the entrance section a 1/4 of a mile with a run off.
What were they thinking of.  Tongue Smiley
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 16:39:09 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 16:53:38 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

This is a "Things wrong"topic Fabian.
And with Miss Big-in is nothing wrong,I think.

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: