The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 16:35:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  things wrong with EBI2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: things wrong with EBI2  (Read 41155 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 16:54:54 pm »

3) Miss Bugin was already spoken for !

Agreed!!! There should be a proper contest next year! Grin

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 17:02:59 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

This is a "Things wrong"topic Fabian.
And with Miss Big-in is nothing wrong,I think.
i know jeepee but dkk fred ask for pictures of monica
 Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 17:06:30 pm »

don't really know hat happen to the bus and his driver
nobody was hurt thats all I know

NO YOU DONT,BUT YOU ALREADY ACUSED HIM OF DRUNK DRIVING TWICE,I sorry but you are an arsehole for this Angry Angry Huh

This happened 200kms away from the track on monday afternoon,when just outside Dunkirque ferry port on a wet road covered in diesel fuel,its sad enough that this happened but for people to put misinformation and lies is really SICK,you need to remove your post,appologise and go away

Richie webb

For th rest,Chris and his passenger were ok,just a little bruised but nothing serious

ritchie I say that I didn't know what really happen
i am apologize to have say something wrong but I was shocked by some driver inside the show
I saw a lot of people drive hard in the show and shine area for example a guy in split bus miss to hurt a friend's baywindow for fews centimeter I was affraid for kid who play around when guys loose control of his bus near the swap
One day someone will be hurt
sorry again
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 17:10:05 pm »

I'm sorry, JeePee... that's my fault. I should have asked on another thread. You're right; there's NOTHING wrong regarding her.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 17:15:19 pm »

What was wrong with EBI?

Toilets, but they are always horrible.

its only 3 days!

My hotel 30 km away, thus i couldn't drink.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 17:19:44 pm »

I'm sorry, JeePee... that's my fault. I should have asked on another thread. You're right; there's NOTHING wrong regarding her.

No problem,maybe someone open a new topic about Monica?
And ofcourse I will follow that. Wink

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 17:31:49 pm »

this is a message from chris himself with reference to his van crash

hi,slowing down for a roundabout the van went sideways and hit the kerb
which caused the roll,nobody hurt is the main thing,it will ride again
ta chris

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 17:38:10 pm »

All in All I Think Kobus And Crew Should Be Thanked Without them and Gasser Garage (Russell), CSP (Gunter),and Flat 4,FAT,Rich Kimball, there would Be no Bug In. EBI 1 went well with a few problems, EBI 2 also had some Problems but Understand this is a learning Process Each Bug In Will Get Bigger And There will always Be Some Problems. When Vic Wilson Put on the 1st Bug In at OCIR in 1968 It had its Problems to but 40 years Later they are still not Perfect But It is a Place Where all The VW Family Can Get Together and Have Fun and Share Ideas and show and Race There Cars With Other VW Gearheads. I Think We Owe Kobus And EBI Crew A Big Thank You Without them there would be no EBI  Also A Big Thanks To Gasser Garage,CSP,Flat 4,FAT,for putting on a Good Show. Just My 2 Cents   Being into VW's as long as I have putting on any event of this size is a Major Task for anyone, I would like to Thank Everyone envolved in putting on  EBI event and am looking forward to EBI 3  Being in the USA  I Have not been able to Attend but I am Planning for EBI 3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 23:35:38 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 18:36:16 pm »

this is a message from chris himself with reference to his van crash

hi,slowing down for a roundabout the van went sideways and hit the kerb
which caused the roll,nobody hurt is the main thing,it will ride again
ta chris

keep going chris and sorry for your bus
JS

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 19:07:38 pm »

Theft. I got stolen my personal Gassergarage flag which was the last Russel had and was given to me as a gift. I was stupid enough to bring it to the event and hang it so...
Other than that, GREAT event.

Signature.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 19:26:43 pm »

All in All I Think Kolbus And Crew Should Be Thanked Without them and Gasser Garage (Russell), CSP (Gunter),and Flat 4,FAT,Rich Kimbill, there would Be no Bug In. EBI 1 went well with a few problems, EBI 2 also had some Problems but Understand this is a learning Process Each Bug In Will Get Bigger And There will always Be Some Problems. When Vic Wilson Put on the 1st Bug In at OCIR in 1968 It had its Problems to but 40 years Later they are still not Perfect But It is a Place Where all The VW Family Can Get Together and Have Fun and Share Ideas and show and Race There Cars With Other VW Gearheads. I Think We Owe Kolbus And EBI Crew A Big Thank You Without them there would be no EBI  Also A Big Thanks To Gasser Garage,CSP,Flat 4,FAT,for putting on a Good Show. Just My 2 Cents   Being into VW's as long as I have putting on any event of this size is a Major Task for anyone, I would like to Thank Everyone envolved in putting on  EBI event and am looking forward to EBI 3  Being in the USA  I Have not been able to Attend but I am Planning for EBI 3

Corrections: Kobus* & Kimball*

Sorry to hear about your flag being stolen, JS. Truly a selfish thing on the thief's part.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 19:29:21 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
JS

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 19:35:38 pm »

No worries, my EBI 1 flag was stolen too...  Roll Eyes

Signature.
lee660

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 20:19:56 pm »

"who invented the ridiculous idea of VIP-ing this and that?? there was literally f*ck to do. you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink."

I heard about it and could not believe this .
Please teach the track crew about doing it right , you can not put glue on a track during the day .......
I think there will be less race cars each year . Or are you planning to do a Gasser only event ?
Udo

Udo,

Sorry to say but your quote about "you can not put glue on a track during the day" is incorrect.  After the oil down on friday there was no choice when the oil had been cleaned but to glue. Without being re-glued the track becomes very inconsistent and unsafe. With Chimay being  narrow, the surface  has to be good thats why Kobus hires all the correct equipment and team.

Every good track in the world will re-glue during the day to keep the the surface in good shape depending on what type off cars are going down the track.    

I have been involved in drag racing for 22 years so I am no new kid on the block. I have worked on different tracks in the uk and have had many national records and some european records. I have worked with four different types of glue VHT, VP,LA Drag Strip and a unknown brand with success. My experience in track prep is not only limited to the UK, I have also worked with Mark Dawson at Las Vegas Motor speedways  "the  strip" in the USA. My product LA Drag strip was developed for non full time drag strips and to keep costs down for the show promoters that want good results.An estimated 450 litres of glue mix was sprayed over the weeked at Chimay but it would have been more if the rain on saturday had stayed away.

At the end of the day Chimay is a public road but that doesn't stop European Bugin being an awesome event.

Lee      
Turtle001

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 20:33:13 pm »

No worries, my EBI 1 flag was stolen too...  Roll Eyes

same here!

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 20:55:37 pm »

One Franch guy crash my car on the way back on the return lane, Sunday Embarrassed
So i most fix that before SCC.

Mags
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 20:58:22 pm »

One Franch guy crash my car on the way back on the return lane, Sunday Embarrassed

Mags

Damn, that's a sad news.  Tongue
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 21:08:50 pm »

damage on the rear apron

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 21:11:39 pm »

damage on the rear apron

I remember now the car. Rear apron and the bottom of the decklid.  Undecided
Stephan32

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 21:19:01 pm »

Hi Girls,

I am very thankfull for the event and everything that was there or wasn't.
Vip passes are perfectly ok when handed out by sponsors to customers and the like.
We all could see cars and had plenty of access with or without VIP-Pass.
Would it not be for the racers there would be no event, so please accept that there has to be an element of safety
for the drivers, racing is dangereous enough and I do not need a flat slick at 100 mph plus.
I went to EBI expecting not to shower, have little to eat and stink like the rat from hell after four days...
All I wished for was sun... not a VIP-Pass problem..

Down from the track there was crazy stuff happening like fast cars driving.....drunk? How is that for being stupid?
I certainly think safety should be brought for drivers and spectators, so pits must be closed to some extent.

Anyway I think ist is a very good event with slight hick ups, but I will be there again and all I want is racing
and having a beer or two with friends.
And for those who complain, ask the racers how much of the action they saw.... more or less zero, they where busy
getting the cars ready to race or wait in the line up.

@ mario, you are correct it is a beetle event and for that one of the best I have been to.

All of you who go to Bug Jam in the Uk, total and utter chaos everytime I have been, but I expect that so it is ok.
Imagine you have a job, a hobby and then find the time to organize EBI, hats of to Kobus and his mates.

PS. Would we have heard Dyno Don without this event.... I do not think so...
PPS. When I was young I watched the racers and looked up to them as my heroes...

Cheers from Germany

Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 21:19:22 pm »

Yes,J-f and also fenders and my home made T-bars.
Russell

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 21:37:57 pm »

Udo, what show were you at ?

you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink.? No you didnt, you could walk around freely apart from the pit area, the drag strip and the chimay vip tent, the rest of the area was wide open ?

I think there will be less race cars each year    why ?

Or are you planning to do a Gasser only event...... please explain what you mean, the gassers are seen as an atraction that take part as are the outlaws, DAS and all other racers, there was only around 20 gassers this year so why would we want gasser only event, they are symbolic of the old bugin days thats all.

Best Regards

Russell
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 21:49:53 pm »

Mags
no  Cry Cry Cry
Airspeed

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 22:05:17 pm »

And for those who complain, ask the racers how much of the action they saw.... more or less zero, they where busy
getting the cars ready to race or wait in the line up.

Imagine you have a job, a hobby and then find the time to organize EBI, hats of to Kobus and his mates.

Stephan,

I agreed to all of your post wholeheartedly, but with the above even more so!

Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 22:11:59 pm »

"All of you who go to Bug Jam in the Uk, total and utter chaos everytime I have been"

Tell me about it - were you there about 3 years when it took over 6 HOURS to get out  Shocked Roll Eyes Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
JS

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 22:29:05 pm »

Stephan32, WELL PUT!

Signature.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 22:39:06 pm »

Stephan32, WELL PUT!

Agreed dude  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 22:39:23 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

I believe that the wrong point cited regarding Miss Bug-In/Monica is that she was "spoken for"  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 22:45:11 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

I believe that the wrong point cited regarding Miss Bug-In/Monica is that she was "spoken for"  Wink

Well I wouldn't mind seeing more of her kind Roll Eyes Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
richie

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 22:49:12 pm »

don't really know hat happen to the bus and his driver
nobody was hurt thats all I know

NO YOU DONT,BUT YOU ALREADY ACUSED HIM OF DRUNK DRIVING TWICE,I sorry but you are an arsehole for this Angry Angry Huh

This happened 200kms away from the track on monday afternoon,when just outside Dunkirque ferry port on a wet road covered in diesel fuel,its sad enough that this happened but for people to put misinformation and lies is really SICK,you need to remove your post,appologise and go away

Richie webb

For th rest,Chris and his passenger were ok,just a little bruised but nothing serious

ritchie I say that I didn't know what really happen
i am apologize to have say something wrong but I was shocked by some driver inside the show
I saw a lot of people drive hard in the show and shine area for example a guy in split bus miss to hurt a friend's baywindow for fews centimeter I was affraid for kid who play around when guys loose control of his bus near the swap
One day someone will be hurt
sorry again

So why talk about something else that you knew nothing about,and why post the pictures with comments about being drunk?I am sorry but it doesnt make sense to me.The original post is about things wrong at EBI2,but instead of posting you complaints you stir up trouble and post pictures you didnt take Roll Eyes  and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
I wont comment on this anymore, you have already done the damage Sad

Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Udo

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2008, 23:31:10 pm »

"who invented the ridiculous idea of VIP-ing this and that?? there was literally f*ck to do. you needed a VIP pass to see the cars, to meet people, to have a drink."

I heard about it and could not believe this .
Please teach the track crew about doing it right , you can not put glue on a track during the day .......
I think there will be less race cars each year . Or are you planning to do a Gasser only event ?
Udo

Udo,

Sorry to say but your quote about "you can not put glue on a track during the day" is incorrect.  After the oil down on friday there was no choice when the oil had been cleaned but to glue. Without being re-glued the track becomes very inconsistent and unsafe. With Chimay being  narrow, the surface  has to be good thats why Kobus hires all the correct equipment and team.

Every good track in the world will re-glue during the day to keep the the surface in good shape depending on what type off cars are going down the track.    

I have been involved in drag racing for 22 years so I am no new kid on the block. I have worked on different tracks in the uk and have had many national records and some european records. I have worked with four different types of glue VHT, VP,LA Drag Strip and a unknown brand with success. My experience in track prep is not only limited to the UK, I have also worked with Mark Dawson at Las Vegas Motor speedways  "the  strip" in the USA. My product LA Drag strip was developed for non full time drag strips and to keep costs down for the show promoters that want good results.An estimated 450 litres of glue mix was sprayed over the weeked at Chimay but it would have been more if the rain on saturday had stayed away.

At the end of the day Chimay is a public road but that doesn't stop European Bugin being an awesome event.

Lee      

I see that everybody agrees to your work , so it is not worth to talk about it . I only know that you can not put new glue on the starting line without new rubber , when i saw this i thought about towing back because i know how slippery a track gets when doing this . In over 20 years of racing i never saw things that you did .
But let us forget about this , you are right ...

Udo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: