The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  things wrong with EBI2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: things wrong with EBI2  (Read 41162 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 23:40:55 pm »

here're 2 mores  Wink

This is a "Things wrong"topic Fabian.
And with Miss Big-in is nothing wrong,I think.

I believe that the wrong point cited regarding Miss Bug-In/Monica is that she was "spoken for"  Wink

Well I wouldn't mind seeing more of her kind Roll Eyes Wink

You got my vote!!  Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
turbovan

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 20:29:39 pm »

did you see that on the event
before the beer  Grin

and after the beer  Shocked

the most important that nobody was hurt
hi everyone its chris driver of van,
firstly i would like to say a big thanks to everyone who got my van home that night,top people!
the facts of the matter is on a wet and diesel covered road,the van slid and hit the kerb with caused the roll,
main thing nobody was hurt!!!,
the repairs to van start tommorrow and should get it driving over the weekend,then off to a top rod paint shop for the roof/body repairs,
also i would to say thanks to everyone with your calls/emails checking me and keith are still in one piece!
as to allegations of drink being involved,the police did attend the scene.and who would drive a van around drunk thats took me 14 years
to get how it was pre accident and all my spare cash!!!
will be back,better than ever
thanks chris

F*ck, what happened?

when shit goes down,,you gotta be ready!!!

theres no replacement,,for displacement!!
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 21:31:23 pm »

KEEP GOING CHRIS
HAPPY TO HEARD THAT THE SPLT WILL BE ON THE ROAD AGAIN
besserwisser

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 22:04:33 pm »

As far as I´m concerned the only thing wrong with EBI is that I had to drive 1600 km to get there. I think the show was better organized this year and I loved the late night Drag Racing. The trip home was so much easier with all the fond memories of all the people I met. Thanks Kobus,Fred and the rest of the crew for a great weekend and next year I will bring ABSOLUT FOLKA back.
nicolas

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 22:07:59 pm »

one thing that was not so cool about the event was the display of stupidity at the gate saturday night... burnouts and beer. not a good combo. i am almost a 100% sure no racers were involved, and i sure hope i am right. i can understand that there needed to be an outlet for the poor weather on saturday and a good party was what the doctor ordered, but this was not very smart and dangerous as well. Always weird that nobody gets hurt when standing with 30 people in the way of a bus that is performing a burnout... not that i want something to happen, far from it.
BUT it could mean that the whole crew will be in a tough spot when they have to negotiate that possibility of another Bug Inn... seems like people living around the track have some influence on what event can or can not be held at the track. (there is only 3 events this year) so i hope it went by like a stupidity and hopefully we can have another BugIn next year.
i had great fun. even without the car.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 22:16:46 pm »

it was the hoodride boyz , drunk and rusty like they cars  Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 22:29:13 pm »

"one thing that was not so cool about the event was the display of stupidity at the gate saturday night... burnouts and beer. not a good combo."

Agreed dude - I have always wondered how on earth no one get hurt when doing burnout like that  Huh Roll Eyes The "max power" FWD guys over here do that kind of thing ALL THE TIME  Roll Eyes

oh well I hope the locals went too pissed off  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Eddie DVK

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 02:31:41 am »

Don t get me wrong I love this event, this year and last year.
The best on the calander.

I know it is hard to please everbody.

But what the f*ck, you needed a bracelet for the pits area.
I can understand perfectly that you could not walk on the race track.
But the pits area is not a race track.
I always enjoy watching the race cars incl. the DAS cars, some of those cars are the nicest
around. But I only got to see them through a fence?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:17:14 am by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Russell

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 08:08:11 am »

On the subject of pits areas, please review the following pictures that were taken by me on saturday night after we had packed up after the rain and during the racing on saturday night, those who were there will remember Kobus putting up tape to keep people back from the burnout area....

When you look closely at the people some have there backs turned, some are looking at there cameras and some looking elsewhere, this is is an extremly dangerous area, i had expressed my concerns to the EBi crew last year and this year to improve they got the area tared, however it was meant to go back to the fence but due to a drain below the ground it could not be done. I was some what concerned about the cars being this close to the burnout area let alone the people.

The Gasser Garage VIP Pass was meant to be a safety item to prevent this from happening, it didnt work and there will be no VIP Gasser Garage passes next year, however i will throw people out of this area during racing for there own good !

Next year if anyone wants to come and see the cars, take pictures, please do so, these cars are for everyone but please ensure that it is safe to do so and not during the racing, thanks.

Best Regards

Russell
Prowagen

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 08:45:13 am »

there will be no VIP Gasser Garage passes next year, however i will throw people out of this area during racing for there own good !

Next year if anyone wants to come and see the cars, take pictures, please do so, these cars are for everyone but please ensure that it is safe to do so and not during the racing, thanks.

EBI1 I went as a spectator and loved being near the start line and close to you collection of cars, at EBI2 I was part of the track team this has totally changed my views it was so difficult getting people to move out of the way of oncoming cars and trying to keep everyone safe! Personally I think there should be a total lock down of the track after the foot bridge and that it would be a good idea for the Gasser lounge to be before the bridge also, say where the DAS guys were this year, that way the cars would be more accessable to the public and the staging lanes could then be managed better.

Rob.
Mario/DKT

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 09:27:14 am »

... putting up tape to keep people back from the burnout area....
...this is is an extremly dangerous area..., however i will throw people out of this area during racing for there own good !

russel, why your cars parking in the burnout-zone?
If they park outside - there is no probem i think...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:33:21 am by Mario/DKT » Logged

ESH

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:54 am »

... the repairs to van start tommorrow and should get it driving over the weekend ... then off to a top rod paint shop for the roof/body repairs ... will be back,better than ever ...

Good luck with it Chris, look forward to seeing the van back out.

wolfswest

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 10:21:36 am »

one thing that was not so cool about the event was the display of stupidity at the gate saturday night... burnouts and beer. not a good combo. i am almost a 100% sure no racers were involved, and i sure hope i am right. i can understand that there needed to be an outlet for the poor weather on saturday and a good party was what the doctor ordered, but this was not very smart and dangerous as well. Always weird that nobody gets hurt when standing with 30 people in the way of a bus that is performing a burnout... not that i want something to happen, far from it.
BUT it could mean that the whole crew will be in a tough spot when they have to negotiate that possibility of another Bug Inn... seems like people living around the track have some influence on what event can or can not be held at the track. (there is only 3 events this year) so i hope it went by like a stupidity and hopefully we can have another BugIn next year.
i had great fun. even without the car.

OMFG, I was standing there for a minute or 10 because there was the only place with some people...  First a chick in a splitvan almost ran over some people.  Earlier that day she did the same thing with me when she passed the show and shine…  Was she drunk all day or just plain stupid?
Later I took my bug out to set a little cruise in the night trough the chimay woods but first I needed to pass this crowd, they all wanted some burnout or high reving action…   I was glad I passed the crowd and could take my beetle out for a nighttime spin…   Cool

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Prowagen

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:19 am »

First a chick in a splitvan almost ran over some people.  Earlier that day she did the same thing with me when she passed the show and shine…  Was she drunk all day or just plain stupid?

She ran into a few of us by the CSP tent in one bus, then later on that night she hit my elbow with a side mirror in another van, I think she was something to do with one of the traders as she was coming from up there both times, the vans were on German plates, I punched the door when she hit me and she stiopped and apologised didn't seem drunk maybe something stronger! I told her I had seen her twice driving like an idiot and she should calm down, stupid bint.

Rob.
Georg/DFL

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »

What color was the van, Rob? And was it a split? Samba?

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Ivan

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 13:53:01 pm »

The main thing I would look at is re-entry to the show. The queue at the gate was, as it was last year, one line - this meant that if you left the show and wanted to come back in you had to sit for 15 to 20 minutes in the evening and longer during the day and wait for those who had not yet been in the show to pay and get in. Perhaps those leaving could be sent out another way and two lanes could be used entry - one for new visitors and one for those who have already been in.
It's not a massive problem - but this is valuable time from out lives that we can never get back.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 13:55:11 pm »

true, i just overtook the whole queue and showed my wristband at the entry. it did become a problem when the police were around  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Prowagen

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 14:41:57 pm »

Well the one that hit me looked a dark red, it was pretty dark out and I am colour blind haha
The one that nearly hit a group of us in the trade area was 2 tone white and green i think.
Russell

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 16:45:24 pm »

Last year there was no bridge and we were nearer the corner away from the burnout area, this year with the bridge we were moved closer and as stated in my post i wasnt happy about this but hey we are not going to huff, we made do and will make better for next year.

not perfect but pretty close.

Best Regards

Russell
Prowagen

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 16:57:05 pm »

Last year there was no bridge and we were nearer the corner away from the burnout area, this year with the bridge we were moved closer and as stated in my post i wasnt happy about this but hey we are not going to huff, we made do and will make better for next year.

not perfect but pretty close.

Oh yeah! Thats right you were virtually on the grass the first year!

Oh well every event has its teething issues. I still think that considiering its infancy EBI is probably the best show in the world and it has just leaped into cult status.
wolfswest

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 19:17:22 pm »

the van was a two tone split 11 window I think, it was black with brown and had black C2 porsche rims under it...

Georg/DFL

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2008, 21:45:37 pm »

Well the one that hit me looked a dark red, it was pretty dark out and I am colour blind haha
The one that nearly hit a group of us in the trade area was 2 tone white and green i think.

I know the guy with the green and white Samba on German plates. He's a police man.... and got a new girlfriend.... no words for that...

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Airspeed

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2008, 22:28:19 pm »

I know the guy with the green and white Samba on German plates. He's a police man.... and got a new girlfriend.... no words for that...
That stupid girl who nearly drove into friends of mine was not druk, but looked more like stoned as I understood. Kobus was there and drove head-on to her, made her stop and pulled the keys out of the van. He was still pumping with adranaline of anger when he told me what happend the next day...

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
JS

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2008, 22:42:37 pm »

This girl did not by any chance sport a VIP pass and long blonde hair?

Signature.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2008, 22:57:04 pm »

That stupid girl who nearly drove into friends of mine was not druk, but looked more like stoned as I understood. Kobus was there and drove head-on to her, made her stop and pulled the keys out of the van. He was still pumping with adranaline of anger when he told me what happend the next day...

There are ALWAYS a few idiots  Roll Eyes Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Russell

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:49 am »

wish Id found a stoned long haired blond girl at EBI, I would have made her pay for sure  Grin

Best Regards

Russell
Eddie DVK

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 09:55:59 am »

Thanx Russell

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
wolfswest

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

wish Id found a stoned long haired blond girl at EBI, I would have made her pay for sure  Grin

Grin no doubt about it.  Grin

Prowagen

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:05 pm »

Being a Police man he should ban her from driving and take away her licence!

She didn't have blond hair she was a brunette and did have a VIP pass.
plasticblack

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2008, 19:19:17 pm »

It was my first time at EBI and having only seen the pictures from last year, I was expecting plenty... We drove 2000 miles in total.....

and...I wasn't dissapointed.  Grin

I've been attending VW shows for nearly 30 years (yes 30?) and I hadn't had this much fun in years! Wink

I don't have any problem with VIP passes, this is at the choice and discretion of the organizers and anyone in the VW Scene that thinks that ANY of the people I SAW wearing VIP Badges don't have a claim to wear the badge.. LET'S HEAR IT THEN! Huh

I was trying to get some good photos of the Underdog and DDS Gassers from across the track and then when I walked round behind the Start gantry one of the offiicials beconded me over and let me through to get the pics I desperatly wanted...... Smiley

Now that's never happened to me before at any other car show I've attended???

Sure the show had it's organizational problems, but none of them spoiled the show for me in any way. When things do do pear-shaped if the organizers can sort it without affecting the punters enjoyment. I'd say they've done pretty damn well.

EBI was and is a Great Show, no question. But it's only just 2 years old and has to evolve over time to tick all the boes the organziers want ticked.

If the show continues to improve and adds to an already great format, It will become a real classic. For me it's already a show which I can't miss.

Thanks to all the EBI team for allowing us to have a little taste of the VW Story right here in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: