The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 23:54:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  Wanted
| | |-+  Front bulkhead panel needed - Who sells them???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Front bulkhead panel needed - Who sells them???  (Read 4332 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: July 09, 2008, 15:33:12 pm »

As the title says guys I am looking for a COMPLETE front bulkhead panel for PROJECT 66   Anyone know who sells them  Huh

I am looking for the WHOLE panel WITH BOTH steering coloum pressings - NOT just the lower part, As you can see my 66 has had this panel replaced already with a "modified" MEXICAN LHD ONLY panel which only has ONE pressing  Roll Eyes

So can you buys these repro'd or am I going to have to search out a NOS item  Huh

Please help guys  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 17:00:18 pm »

Lee, when we did the one in my brothers car we had to use a Mexican panel and leave in the original bit for the column bulge on the drivers side. It's a bit of an arse, but when the body is off it's not too bad to get to both sides to grind the welds smooth. Unfortunately I don't know of any repro or genuine complete panels with LHD and RHD in them. Don't go for the black veng ones by the way - they're really shit! Personally I'd just tidy up what's there, maybe using pieces out of a cut-up car?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 17:02:54 pm »

just checked a genuine vw mexico panel and it has the recess on the outside of the panel so the steering tube could be swapped over, only problem i can see with it is there is no indentation for a floor dip switch for a right hand drive Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Lee.C

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 17:56:56 pm »

just checked a genuine vw mexico panel and it has the recess on the outside of the panel so the steering tube could be swapped over, only problem i can see with it is there is no indentation for a floor dip switch for a right hand drive Grin

Hmmmmm interesting - so just to check - it DOES HAVE both lhd and rhd coloum bulges and it DOES NOT HAVE the dip switch pressing - correct  Huh

If this is right then I can use HALF the old/fitted panel and HALF the vw mexico panel Smiley

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:15:26 am »

correctomundo, i might have the old original one for my bug i can give you but i'm a little way off cutting it out Grin

any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

YMCA
Lee.C

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:13:54 am »

correctomundo, i might have the old original one for my bug i can give you but i'm a little way off cutting it out Grin

COOOOOOOOOL I will be in touch dude  Smiley

kev d

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 17:52:38 pm »

I`m after one of these too, have you got one in stock?
Cheers,
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 21:30:11 pm »

call me tomorrow kev, there was a few left when i checked last, think we've got some boot floors too Grin

YMCA
Lee.C

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 21:40:24 pm »

I'll be calling too dude  Wink Smiley

kev d

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 10:51:02 am »

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay mate, I`m working in Egypt & phone / internet access is limited Roll Eyes
Are the panels full height & lhd?
How much are they btw, I`ll probably need 2 maybe 3 of them.
Can you mail me back on kevin.dawson@reelgroup.com as it`s easier for me to pick up `work` related stuff.. Wink
Cheers,
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:03:49 am »

here's some pics Grin

YMCA
kev d

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 18:36:05 pm »

mmmm...shiney Grin

Russell

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 09:27:18 am »

kev

Ive got them for you.  Wink

Cheers and Thanks Ben.

Best Regards

Russell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: