The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 22:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  '66 Drag Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: '66 Drag Project  (Read 3465 times)
BossHogg76

« on: August 11, 2017, 16:26:34 pm »

After enjoying my 67 i decided to complicate my life with another project, this one will probably never see the road, but it gives me time to play in the garage with my Son.

The base is a solid if a little rough South African '66, it's been moved around garages in Scotland few a number of years. It's makes a nice base as it's not rare or got a lot of value, which means me son and I can play with out the worry of wrecking something valuable.

So after the buying it, the first port of call, was Donald at Drop the Hammer, who welded in a cromoly half cage, based on a coltsweld main hope. It's tied into the rear end and with the DTH solid mid mount should tighten things up back there.

After that it was time to transport it down to Newcastle, since then a Cab Deck lid has been bought, along with a set of Centrelines, and stripping stone chip out of the wings and under wings. It's going to take a long whilst to complete, and that's just fine Smiley

Cage going in:

Ready to head to Newcastle:

Car with it's new friend:

A cool sticker:

A bit of mocking up of bits off the shelf:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 16:51:56 pm by BossHogg76 » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 00:10:16 am »

Car looks cool but thats a rubbish stinger...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 00:12:31 am by Neil Davies » Logged

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
BossHogg76

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37:21 am »

Car looks cool but thats a rubbish stinger...

It's the worst stinger ever  Cheesy
glassback kid

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 18:37:25 pm »

nice edition to your garage, looks like another good project thread to follow  Smiley
kev d

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:05 am »

Ready for the next cal look drag day?? Cool
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
BossHogg76

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 18:20:43 pm »

nice edition to your garage, looks like another good project thread to follow  Smiley

Oh I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's going to be nothing to the scale of the 67.

Ready for the next cal look drag day?? Cool
Cheers
Kev

No mate, with a budget of zero pounds and working on it on a Saturday afternoon/evening
It'll not be done for a while.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: