The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 17:28:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Project `55
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Project `55  (Read 141936 times)
fahrvergnugen

« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2014, 21:44:28 pm »

You better hurry Kev, Pas is getting close.

Pas

« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2014, 21:49:30 pm »

You better hurry Kev, Pas is getting close.

The clocks ticking  Grin

Good stuff Kev, keep it up.

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
kev d

« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2014, 23:48:10 pm »

I'm better under pressure! Grin
Uk drag day??
 Cool

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
peach_

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2014, 01:25:57 am »

Uk drag day??
 Cool

Would be cool to see this at the drag day  Cool

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Pas

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2014, 06:03:44 am »

Uk drag day??
 Cool

That's my plan, see you there?

kev d

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2014, 06:17:23 am »

Yep, that's the new target Grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
kev d

« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2014, 20:16:03 pm »

So I had a shuffle about in the garage so I can get this back on track Grin
I need to get the paint finished but the doors need hung so I can get them gapped & bolt the shell down, theres a lot of movement in the shell with all the guts of it having been cut out of it!
Thats holding up going any further with the alloy paneling too so I need to get it done asap.
Hopefully get some progress this month though Cool

Pas

« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2014, 23:24:37 pm »

It's starting to look like a proper race car Kev  Cool

kev d

« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2014, 21:44:13 pm »

Well I had to take a step backward to go forward here Roll Eyes
When I did the beam I didnt take into account how much the dropped spindled would drop it & fitted the adjusters a bit too far round...
At its highest setting it looked ok but had very little chance of ever getting onto a trailer that didnt have 20ft skids...
So off it came to be cut & turned so I can use some of the adjustment to raise it when needed. Also added a towing point welded directly to the beam that'll go through the RH wing.
Now the fuel cell, pump etc can all go back in for good Grin
Just need to make a pair of limit straps for the shocks, bleed the brakes & that's the front end done Cool

kev d

« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2014, 19:31:30 pm »

Remembered to get pics this update Roll Eyes

The limit straps are made thanks to Jo, all for the cost of a bottle of wine.. Cheesy

The throttle cable was giving problems as no matter how I routed it it was binding & sticking open.. obviously not a good thing Shocked
The plastic conduit was a tight fit on the cable but at the ends where it met the stops it was crushing slightly which just gripped the cable.
A trip to the DIY store got some 8mm bore steel pipe which could be bent to shape with a small pipe bender, I ended up making it in 3 pieces & drilled out some alley bar to use as sleeves to join it up and be able to adjust exactly how it sat.
At the carb I made a new clamp for the cable & fitted it to a higher point to give a little more leverage, all was going great till I broke the end off the cable where it bolts to the pedal.. Angry
Progress is progress though!

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2014, 20:37:59 pm »

One step foreward.......................
Which car will be ready first, the black one or this one?

kev d

« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2014, 20:58:50 pm »

This one Grin
I want it out this year even if its just to make sure it all works & set it up for next year, it's going to be quicker than any other beetle I've driven so I've got a bit to learn!
I'd like the 56 finished for this time next year, hopefully it'll be in paint by summer but how quickly it goes together depends on how much time I'm home. This years not totally out of the question though.. Wink
Cheers
Kev

Pas

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2014, 21:34:20 pm »

Good stuff Kev. You can almost smell the track glue now  Grin

kev d

« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2014, 22:13:59 pm »

Good stuff Kev. You can almost smell the track glue now  Grin

Getting there Wink

kev d

« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2014, 21:26:26 pm »

Another day another update.. Wink
That's all the panels flatted & going to the paintshop tomorrow Cool
Best news is I've persuaded an absolutely awesome old school sign writer I worked with 25 years ago to come out of retirement to letter & stripe it Grin

Brakes are now bled, worked better after removing the instructions on bleeding from the reservoirs & connected the line loc the correct way.. Wink

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2014, 21:40:06 pm »

DAMN, you re on steam now. Keep going and show us what you re up to dude. we need visual.

kev d

« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2014, 22:16:45 pm »

Most of the things I'm doing right now aren't noticeable by anyone but me Grin
Heres a pic of the freshly mounted tacho though Cool

BossHogg76

« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2014, 07:52:37 am »

Steaming along there Kev, you reckon you'll still be home on the 2nd April?
kev d

« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:00 am »

Not 100% sure yet but probably.. That when you get back?
Looking forward to seeing your car Cool

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2014, 21:29:50 pm »

Looking good. Can you see it when youre behind the wheel. it's so far to the left Tongue

kev d

« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2014, 22:32:21 pm »

Looking good. Can you see it when youre behind the wheel. it's so far to the left Tongue

Wink

BossHogg76

« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:55 am »

Not 100% sure yet but probably.. That when you get back?
Looking forward to seeing your car Cool

Well now the third... Angry  however gives some time for bits to arrive and be finished in time for me to pick them up. Then it's full steam ahead to get it done, though at this rate you'll be finished before me  Grin

kev d

« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2014, 22:31:23 pm »

Back onto this today after being sidetracked by an afternoons work on a mates mini that turned into almost 2 full weeks.. Roll Eyes

I bought a nice battery box from summit racing but it didn't fit where I wanted it to go so I knocked up a frame for it to sit in which bolts to the floor. Also ordered more ally sheet so I can get the rest of the interior panels made.
Hopefully see the panels back in the next week so they can go on... Grin

kev d

« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2014, 20:52:52 pm »

Got stuck into the alloy panelling this weekend, wasn't a job I'd been looking forward to but its coming together!
Don't think john Webster or chris issac etc have to loose much sleep though.. Wink

The panels fitted are there to stay, the gaps are where removable panels are going to get access to the msd, turbo etc.
I've started making them but with folded return edges for a bit more strength in them as this new sheet is a bit thinner that I wanted Roll Eyes

Hopefully tomorrow will see all the panels fitted, the fronts are done & just need tweaking & refitting.

After that its onto the wiring & getting it fired up Grin

kev d

« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2014, 20:56:40 pm »

Battery box ready to go in Smiley

dth

« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2014, 21:00:18 pm »

Kev mate ,looking good ,got a bead roller here if you wanna run some beads in those panels?
Give me a shout if you want ,cheers Donald
kev d

« Reply #326 on: April 06, 2014, 22:34:52 pm »

Kev mate ,looking good ,got a bead roller here if you wanna run some beads in those panels?
Give me a shout if you want ,cheers Donald

Thanks for the offer bud Cool
I'm expecting to have a lot of it apart again over the winter so will add that to the next 'to do' list Grin
Cheers
Kev

dth

« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2014, 22:57:34 pm »

No worries ,give me a shout any time:)
Pas

« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2014, 00:49:24 am »

Looking good Kev. Nice work on the panels.

kev d

« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2014, 16:58:11 pm »

Looking good Kev. Nice work on the panels.

cheers Cool

Got the back end finished off today so re-fitted the seat & battery box, will probably move the MSD into the LH foot well somewhere.
Also fitted the side windows, cant really see it in the pics but its got a light blue tint & works well with the paint Grin

Getting there... Grin

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: