The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:38:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Project `55
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Project `55  (Read 139955 times)
kev d

« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2015, 18:59:00 pm »

Glad yer cracking on with it Kev Smiley

Cheers bud Cool
Keeping busy??

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
kev d

« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2016, 22:07:12 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQixbsXsG7g
It lives Cool
Almost 8 years to the day I got it & it's ready for the pod...
Thanks to Richie for going through it & getting it ready to go Cool
Now let's see how it goes Grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Pas

« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2016, 22:26:07 pm »

Good stuff Kev. You've beaten me to the fire up Grin

What's the first race meet for you?

Hoping to get mine out for this year, like you I seem to have been saying that for the last 4 years!

Still on for the grudge race?  Grin

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
kev d

« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2016, 22:35:57 pm »

How's things??
Yep it seems to have been going on forever but light at the end of the tunnel at last!
There's a chance it might make the pod on Saturday... You've got a couple of days to get ready😜
What's left to do on yours??
Cheers
Kev

Pas

« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2016, 22:45:49 pm »

I think two days might be a bit of a stretch.

Much like yourself, garage time is in short supply, so the cars with Phil West right now for engine, brake and suspension set up and those last few hundred little jobs Grin

Good luck if you make it to the Pod this weekend, I will be there crewing for Bernie so I'll drop by for beer and banter Grin

kev d

« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2016, 22:52:55 pm »

Ah, I spoke to Bernie last week there & he said he was going!
Hopefully see you there then Grin

Pas

« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2016, 22:55:11 pm »

Ah, I spoke to Bernie last week there & he said he was going!
Hopefully see you there then Grin

Look forward to it  Smiley

richie

« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2016, 16:56:24 pm »

Lots of progress now, working my way through it checking everything is good, all bolts tight etc  , reset rear suspension as was on bump stops and did all the alignment at same time, got clutch to work smooth as was binding a little at slave cylinder and car now drives and stops Cool
Its on scales now more as a check as not much to adjust, having holley behind driver doesn't help with rear balance much, just need to add driver now Grin

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
leec

« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2016, 17:16:09 pm »

Lots of progress now, working my way through it checking everything is good, all bolts tight etc  , reset rear suspension as was on bump stops and did all the alignment at same time, got clutch to work smooth as was binding a little at slave cylinder and car now drives and stops Cool
Its on scales now more as a check as not much to adjust, having holley behind driver doesn't help with rear balance much, just need to add driver now Grin

Great progress Smiley
You could have shut the toilet door though Grin
richie

« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2016, 18:02:26 pm »

Great progress Smiley
You could have shut the toilet door though Grin

Why? there is no one in there Cheesy

kev d

« Reply #370 on: June 29, 2016, 19:43:54 pm »

Thanks for the effort mate, much appreciated Cool

You should see the size of the box of tea bags I'm owe him though... Grin

fahrvergnugen

« Reply #371 on: June 29, 2016, 20:00:00 pm »

wow, good progress dude. Sounds good.

kev d

« Reply #372 on: June 29, 2016, 20:23:03 pm »

Cheers Cool

BossHogg76

« Reply #373 on: June 29, 2016, 21:14:39 pm »

Looks great Kev, out on the strip this weekend?
kev d

« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2016, 21:19:40 pm »

Unless there's any last minute problems I'll pop my pod cherry on saturday Cool
How's things?

BossHogg76

« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2016, 21:23:23 pm »

Sweet, I'll pop you w message on pussbook
kev d

« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2016, 11:52:47 am »

Yesterdays day at Santa Pod!

Pretty much 8 years to the day after starting a quick cheap race car project for a bit of fun I took it down the famous Santa Pod drag strip!

Only managed 2 runs before a brake hydraulic leak stopped play but 1st pass was 17.15sec @ 87.03mph, second pass was 13.81sec @ 100.54mph.

Couldnt be happier with how it ran straight out of the box, got a few minor repairs & improvments to do before adding a bit of boost & trying to go a bit quicker..

A complete 'bucket list' day racing my own car at the pod!

Massive thanks to Jo Clifford & Richie Webb for getting it track ready & babysitting me on my 1st attempt!

Also thanks to the whole gasser garage crew, the help, advice & abuse all contributed to getting it out there! Grin
Now to go quicker... Wink

WhiteTrash

« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »

Well done Kev,
Glad it's finally done and out. Fix the small niggly bits and get out again.
Are you keeping it at Richie's or taking it back to Scotland?
I'll let you know the next few RWYB's I'm doing later in September/October. See if you can make it.
Cheers Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
henk

« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2016, 12:20:14 pm »

Another nice looking car.
Well done.

Henk!!!
richie

« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »

Kev

you stopped grinning yet?  was really cool to see it all come together, nice sensible baby steps and given how mad the wind was it was so good to see it go straight  Cool

Sucks wheel cylinder failed from sitting to long but now you are going to use it all the time it wont happen again Cheesy Grin

PS I think Ze German just challenged you to a dual  Shocked Grin     Frank?HuhHuhShocked

cheers Richie   

kev d

« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2016, 12:55:54 pm »

Well done Kev,
Glad it's finally done and out. Fix the small niggly bits and get out again.
Are you keeping it at Richie's or taking it back to Scotland?
I'll let you know the next few RWYB's I'm doing later in September/October. See if you can make it.
Cheers Frank

Hi Frank,
I took it home with me yesterday, ordered wheel cylinders at 1.30 in the morning & made a list of the other things before I forgot!😄
I'll be out at every chance / excuse from now on...
Cheers
Kev

kev d

« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2016, 13:00:02 pm »

Kev

you stopped grinning yet?  was really cool to see it all come together, nice sensible baby steps and given how mad the wind was it was so good to see it go straight  Cool

Sucks wheel cylinder failed from sitting to long but now you are going to use it all the time it wont happen again Cheesy Grin

PS I think Ze German just challenged you to a dual  Shocked Grin     Frank?HuhHuhShocked

cheers Richie   

Not really, face is getting sore though!
Thoroughly enjoyed the experience & looking to go again soon, not so sure Jo appreciated the finer points of the day being explained at 2 in the morning though Cheesy

WhiteTrash

« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2016, 13:04:36 pm »

Yes bring it on. I'll tow you into the 11's  Wink Grin
Do you still run drums up front?

HOFF#67

kev d

« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2016, 13:08:04 pm »

Cheers!
Yep drums all round, t1 front & t3 rear.

WhiteTrash

« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2016, 13:15:42 pm »

You'll be shouting "Holy shit-what a ride" when you try and stop it after your first 120mph run  Cheesy
Discs on the Christmas wish list?

HOFF#67

kev d

« Reply #385 on: July 03, 2016, 13:33:39 pm »

That would take the fun out of it though! Wink

mr horsepower

« Reply #386 on: July 03, 2016, 13:39:23 pm »

Yeah good job
Nice to see one more nice bug on the track
Good luck .

At least you can engine brake with drumbrakes.
 Try an autobox Embarrassed

Gr henri
kev d

« Reply #387 on: July 03, 2016, 14:18:10 pm »

Thanks Henri! 👍

Neil Davies

« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2016, 19:12:13 pm »

Nice one Kev! Good to see it out on track at last.

Shame about the brake problems though. If one has failed are you going through all of them? Just FYI, I ran rear cylinders in my front brakes - balanced up the light front end nicely.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pas

« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2016, 19:26:36 pm »

Well done Kev, you got there, good to hear it went smoothly for you.

Didn't get to the Pod this weekend to see you run, for obvious reasons, but look forward to getting mine to the track and running up against you soon for that long overdue grudge match  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: