The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 15:52:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Project `55
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: Project `55  (Read 139932 times)
kev d

« Reply #390 on: July 03, 2016, 19:46:40 pm »

Cheers Neil Cool
Yep disappointing about the brakes but overall it went better than I'd expected Grin
I've ordered a full set of cylinders as they were all new & fitted at the same time.
Also looking at the aftermarket pedal assembly & seeing if I can convert it to duel circuit.

Pas, we'll get that run sometime!
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Russell

« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2016, 15:28:08 pm »

Yes bring it on. I'll tow you into the 11's  Wink Grin
Do you still run drums up front?

Hopefully next time I can be there also just to show you what you both should be doing..... need to find a rear view mirror so I can check...

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
WhiteTrash

« Reply #392 on: July 04, 2016, 19:30:29 pm »

Yes bring it on. I'll tow you into the 11's  Wink Grin
Do you still run drums up front?

Hopefully next time I can be there also just to show you what you both should be doing..... need to find a rear view mirror so I can check...

Russell

I'll take your word for it. You must have something special in one of them cable braked vintage things of yours to keep up with us Cheesy Grin

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
kev d

« Reply #393 on: July 04, 2016, 20:09:50 pm »

We'll see! Wink

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Russell

« Reply #394 on: July 04, 2016, 22:48:08 pm »

Frank/Kev

It looks older and faster already and I'm not even at the track.....  Grin

Is will probally be quicker than you both even when its inside my trailer.... unless kev fills my van with petrol again !  Huh

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
kev d

« Reply #395 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:07 am »

Not forgotten about that fuel mix up yet then...  Wink

Looking forward to us all being at the track at the same time, how about a cal look lounge get together at a track sometime? Cool

kev d

« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2016, 20:53:32 pm »

Finally got a chance to get the brakes stripped & work out what went wrong...
Wheel cylinder body corroded in the middle & the bottoms of the Pistons badly pitted Sad
Just as well I'm changing out all 4...

jeff01

« Reply #397 on: October 20, 2016, 17:57:27 pm »

Nice car. How fast you can go with that rollcage as SFI rules?
Neil Davies

« Reply #398 on: October 20, 2016, 21:00:04 pm »

Looks like an 8.50 to me. Mine was tagged to 10.00 but this has sill bars and more forward protection in the footbox. I'm sure Kev will confirm though!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
kev d

« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2016, 10:20:40 am »

Looks like an 8.50 to me. Mine was tagged to 10.00 but this has sill bars and more forward protection in the footbox. I'm sure Kev will confirm though!

Sorry I missed your post!
Yep Neil you're spot on, that was the spec I was after (overkill though!) but I've not had it inspected / tagged yet.
Hopefully I'll get it out more!
Cheers
Kev

kev d

« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2016, 20:20:15 pm »

Not much of an update but I got around to fitting a boost gauge Grin
Just need to start using the upper end of the scale.. Wink

kev d

« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2017, 23:52:19 pm »

Been a while since the last update but it's a good one!
Made it to the cal look drag day on Friday afternoon & managed 10 passes over the weekend, had a problem with the staging brake & eventually bypassed it which gave me problems learning to hold it in stage but overall I'm very pleased Cool
Best run was a PB of 11.64 @114, had a 11.8 @ 116 too.
The best feeling run was against the vw powered rail but there were problems with the timing equipment & nothing was recorded!
Very happy with how it ran, feeling dead straight & stable at the top of the track, now it's time to tap into some of the reserves & see what it'll really do.. Grin
Thanks to all that helped over the weekend too Cool
Cheers
Kev

henk

« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2017, 09:23:29 am »

Like the car alot.
Clean and simple design

Henk!!!
Jamie

« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2017, 17:41:50 pm »

Good to meet you on Sunday Kev, and thanks for educating me😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kev d

« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2017, 20:52:34 pm »

Hi Jamie,

Good to be able to put a face to a name at last!
See you next time Cool
Cheers
Kev

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2017, 10:45:25 am »

Been a while since the last update but it's a good one!
Made it to the cal look drag day on Friday afternoon & managed 10 passes over the weekend, had a problem with the staging brake & eventually bypassed it which gave me problems learning to hold it in stage but overall I'm very pleased Cool
Best run was a PB of 11.64 @114, had a 11.8 @ 116 too.
The best feeling run was against the vw powered rail but there were problems with the timing equipment & nothing was recorded!
Very happy with how it ran, feeling dead straight & stable at the top of the track, now it's time to tap into some of the reserves & see what it'll really do.. Grin
Thanks to all that helped over the weekend too Cool
Cheers
Kev

Car looked great Kev and glad it finally came together for you, it was good to meet you at least too! Cheers, Jamie

dannyboy

« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2017, 19:35:58 pm »

yeah is a cool little bug .its got to have loads left in it as well  Cool

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
kev d

« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2017, 20:58:38 pm »

Cheers lads Cool
Great to put some faces to names now!
See you next time Grin

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2017, 18:17:40 pm »

Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
kev d

« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2017, 20:28:24 pm »

Thanks Fabs Cool

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: