The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 23:07:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My very first project car!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My very first project car!  (Read 3573 times)
Bugace

Three men, a '73 03s, and 13 days. NOOOO, we didn'

« on: August 01, 2008, 14:29:01 pm »

Close to 42, I finally managed to build a low budget Bug!
I had not decided for which car to buy when searcing on the web, but then I saw this 03 with 14 inch mags, and a 1835ccm. It didn't look to good at all, but it had those two things I had to have on my Beetle. It was standing more then 1300 km driving from  my home, so I jumped on the plane. Three short flights later, I saw it live for the first time. Widened fiberglas fenders was not my choice, but the rest look ok. 13 litres of oil later, and a day and a half, I was home. Fenders was removed, and swaped for some poor steel ones, and my Benneton Beetle was born. Cheesy

That was back in April 07. Then!! Me and two friends started something impossible Saturday July 19th.
1st day we was only two working with it, because Frank was still working with his '67 Rebell SW. As he did until the third day. When the car was blasted.

The body was etched primed day 4, and we had started getting to the steel on the fenders. The only one bought new, was the right rear one. As my budget was very limited, we decided to afford only the front piece new as well. It was definatly the poorest one. Frank did wonders when fixing the rear piece.

My other friend, Kjetil, got some of the most challanging jobs, prefabrication some of the new steel pieces that was needed. Here he is heating up the hinge, because, those racing mirror beeing on the bug, was not in my taste. Yup, I'll use the hinges for my mirror, even though it is a Super.

My self got the job making some holes in the front, the oilcooler needs air, and I used some inspiration from the collor name when dooin so! 44 holes, one not totally finished!!  Huh Roll Eyes Shocked

It was the meaning getting it painted day 8. We missed it with two full days. Still we had to make it until then, because on wednesday, day 12, they would come and install the new windshield. That work session from tuesday morning, was not finnished before 30 hours later, when the paint was done, and the window was finnally fitted. Because of a earlier damage on the left side of the car, it was just a fit, and we had to be three men dragging, and pushing getting it in. No way that will ever pop out!
The collor is Lotus Larva Orange Pearl, and even thought I could not drive it home day 13, I'm very happy having friends that helps me like this, getting it done.

Now I will have two weeks at Crete, then Frank and me will do the last things neeede for getting it driveable. Interior will I do my self when I get the car back home. I will try making my own interior, nothing High Tech, but Retro inspired, with Casset player, Equliezer etc. from the 80's. Hopefully some TSX box speakers in the rear.
I will run those 14 inch Wolfrace mags that is on the car. No fenders or nothing els making the car any longer then the body. Except some fun details in the front.
This has been some of the best days of my life, and I just look forward to get it on the road.

Well past 40, but finally a dream comes thrue!
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 14:40:15 pm »

looking good. keep us updated on your progress.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Bugace

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 22:18:20 pm »

The second session in the city of Kristiandsand didn't go as I thought. Still we managed to get a lot done. The fenders are still down south, but now it looks like this. 
Some days after this picture was taken, I got it home on a trailer, and I'm a happy man, waiting for some orange pearl fenders.  Smiley

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:36 am »

Cool, but don't forget to LOWER THAT FRONT!!!
Bugace

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 17:00:19 pm »

Cool, but don't forget to LOWER THAT FRONT!!!

It is actually allredy lowered. Still it doesnt look that much on this picture. The ridehight up front is a bit to low for proper driving here in Norway, and I like to drive!! Grin If it doesnt settle otherwise when everyting is mounted, and the car driven a bit, I might have to lower it more. I will have a proper stance!! Cool

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 19:39:31 pm »

Nice project ! I like the wheels.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: