The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 16:41:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  so lets have the total then???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: so lets have the total then???  (Read 17629 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: August 10, 2008, 00:21:06 am »

So who is joining us for this RIDICULAS road trip  Huh Smiley

I know we have Me, Richie W, Dave R, Dave's son.................

You either "Get It" or you don't......
richie

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:57:46 am »

Nicolas is the only other definate I know of,supposed to meet Pat& crew from Pats Vws in antwerp

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lee.C

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 10:17:30 am »

Nicolas is the only other definate I know of,supposed to meet Pat& crew from Pats Vws in antwerp

cheers richie

Cool - I'll give you a bell later dude  Smiley

WhiteTrash

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:25:18 am »

I'll be in Calais Thursday morning about 5am with the transporter. If it rains too much and you get fed up wet pants you can ride in the cab as i've got an emergency A frame to tow  as well.

Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:45:14 am »

Which hour do you plan to arrive to Antwerpen?
I've call "Shrek" yesterday to know when they leave from Bruxelles, but nothing seems to be decided.

Lee.C

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 18:31:27 pm »

I'll be in Calais Thursday morning about 5am with the transporter. If it rains too much and you get fed up wet pants you can ride in the cab as i've got an emergency A frame to tow  as well.

Frank

COOL cheers dude I was hoping someone might have an A frame  Wink Smiley see you in Calais  Grin

nicolas

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 20:08:52 pm »

ALRIGHT!! i was thinking off meeting up around the stop at Brecht or thereabout, maybe a gasstation early in the morning. there are some roadworks going on at the moment right before you get to Antwerp when you come from Gent, that will hold you up a little. that is for sure. other then that i haven't been able to get everybody together from the Das boys to go all together. i have to call around for that. some slight timetableswitching because i wanted to do this all this weekend, but i was very busy.

I HAPPEN TO HAVE AN ENGINE IN THE CAR  Shocked

so it is in and i am not planning on taking it out. it needs a lot off finetuning early next week and a good drive to, lets say Norway!!!! so i am not going to sleep and get it all done.
Gunter

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 07:56:53 am »

ALRIGHT!! i was thinking off meeting up around the stop at Brecht or thereabout, maybe a gasstation early in the morning. there are some roadworks going on at the moment right before you get to Antwerp when you come from Gent, that will hold you up a little. that is for sure. other then that i haven't been able to get everybody together from the Das boys to go all together. i have to call around for that. some slight timetableswitching because i wanted to do this all this weekend, but i was very busy.

so it is in and i am not planning on taking it out. it needs a lot off finetuning early next week and a good drive to, lets say Norway!!!! so i am not going to sleep and get it all done.

if you stop in Brecht (exit 4 of the Motorway E19) I offer you guys coffee or tee, I live 5 minutes from the Motorway
just let me know when you are passing by ...
or if I need to sort something out
nicolas

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 07:59:39 am »

if you stop in Brecht (exit 4 of the Motorway E19) I offer you guys coffee or tee, I live 5 minutes from the Motorway
just let me know when you are passing by ...
or if I need to sort something out

good for me! i was hoping to pass Antwerp early in the morning to avoid traffic and it would be a good place to start the journey all together. we need to get a timeframe for this  in order to make it happen. so let's hear what all those going think.
WhiteTrash

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 17:17:53 pm »

This was posted on the DFL forum,
You'll be there in no time Lee and we won't need a kettle or stow for cooking and tea making

http://cgi.ebay.de/1966-VW-Buggy-mit-Jetantrieb-Cabrio-Roadster_W0QQitemZ380053471329QQihZ025QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on a more serious note, just spoken to Richie and we are looking at taking a ferry from Puttgarden/Germany to Rodby/sweden which a short crossing like dover-calais.
It takes 50min and would cost 60Euro for a car and 76Euro for car/trailer or my transporter.
It's 903 km/ 565 miles from Calais and would save 190km/120miles driving by the time we get to Kopenhagen. I know not a lot of miles saved but we'd get a good break as we'll probably have driven a good 10hours to get there and then plan the rest of the route on the ship.
I'd suggest booking in advance.

https://www.scandlines.de/APPS/coastpax/(ldoua2atepw5dfmvmx4pxe55)/pages/bookingpage.aspx?routecode=PUTROD&departures=200808141930

everybody welcome

Frank

HOFF#67

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 17:26:56 pm »

we are looking at taking a ferry from Puttgarden/Germany to Rodby/sweden which a short crossing like dover-calais.

Are you planning on hijacking the ferry?  Wink That ferry arrives in Rødby Denmark...  so you still have to use either the Helsingør- Helsing borg ferry, or the bridge between Denmark and Sweden.

Check out this map:
http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
WhiteTrash

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 17:33:30 pm »

Given the current political climate on this lovely planet I woundn't consider hijacking Grin
The plan was to go over the big Oeresund bridge to cross into Sweden.

Frank

HOFF#67

EspenX

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 18:07:30 pm »

You should absolutely take the Puttgarden-Rødby ferry (to Denmark), there is hardly any other choice since Copenhagen (and the long bridge to Sweden) is on an island (Själland). I usually drive Copenhagen-Oslo in 8 hours including a few stops and at a VW friendly pace Smiley There's another 40 minutes from Oslo to SCC/Gardermoen.

Roads from Copenhagen to Gothenburg are very good, its pretty much two lane motorway all the way. From north of Gothenburg to the Norwegian border roads...or all the way to Oslo actually, there is quite a bit of single lane motorway. A word of advice: you want to avoid passing through Gothenburg at rush hour if you can, so if you stay the night in Copenhagen, make sure you get going around 10-11 am at the latest to save some time through Gothenburg.

richie

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 20:22:19 pm »

This was posted on the DFL forum,
You'll be there in no time Lee and we won't need a kettle or stow for cooking and tea making

http://cgi.ebay.de/1966-VW-Buggy-mit-Jetantrieb-Cabrio-Roadster_W0QQitemZ380053471329QQihZ025QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on a more serious note, just spoken to Richie and we are looking at taking a ferry from Puttgarden/Germany to Rodby/sweden which a short crossing like dover-calais.
It takes 50min and would cost 60Euro for a car and 76Euro for car/trailer or my transporter.
It's 903 km/ 565 miles from Calais and would save 190km/120miles driving by the time we get to Kopenhagen. I know not a lot of miles saved but we'd get a good break as we'll probably have driven a good 10hours to get there and then plan the rest of the route on the ship.
I'd suggest booking in advance.

https://www.scandlines.de/APPS/coastpax/(ldoua2atepw5dfmvmx4pxe55)/pages/bookingpage.aspx?routecode=PUTROD&departures=200808141930

everybody welcome

Frank

Agreed but what time crossing you going to book? so we all get on the same one?

cheers richie

WhiteTrash

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 20:35:40 pm »

The 17.45 crossing, by the time we're of the ferry and on our way again it's 19h.
We can always get an earlier one once we're there, but getting there late may cost extra, you never know as they make it up as they go along.

HOFF#67

richie

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 21:06:43 pm »

The 17.45 crossing, by the time we're of the ferry and on our way again it's 19h.
We can always get an earlier one once we're there, but getting there late may cost extra, you never know as they make it up as they go along.

OK,
Lee,nicolas you seen this and anyone else planning on joining us?

cheers richie

Lee.C

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 21:23:23 pm »

Just spoke with Mr Webb and it should all be sorted in the next couple of hours  Smiley

richie

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 21:37:57 pm »

Just spoke with Mr Webb and it should all be sorted in the next couple of hours  Smiley

Get your phone to work please???

WhiteTrash

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 21:44:37 pm »

I'm all booked now

HOFF#67

Lee.C

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 22:07:37 pm »

Get your phone to work please???

SORRRRRRRRRRRRRY dude - hope it all gets sorted tommorrow  Undecided Smiley

nicolas

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 22:15:41 pm »

OK for me. who is booking or is it all individual. what time do you expect to arrive there. i agree with the ferry, but that means we HAVE to get it, the bridge is always open i presume. let me know what i need to book and i'll be riding along.
- JF are you reading this as well? -

JS

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 22:35:11 pm »

I think the puttgarden ferry leaves 52 times per day, so IF you don´t get on the same ferry it should not be a very big problem.

Signature.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 22:54:55 pm »

You don't need to book that ferry... its not that kind of a ferry...

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 23:12:30 pm »

Cool cos I think I messed things up a little fort Mr Webb as he could'nt get hold of me - oh well I'm sure we'll all get there somehow  Wink Smiley

ian c

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 01:32:43 am »

is it like the road ends and theres just water , then you park at the end of the road , then the end of the road starts its engine and you sail over the water where another "end of road" is waiting for you ??

pretty cool !!  i went on one when i worked in norway Smiley

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
nicolas

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:42 am »

OK so no booking. best thing to hope for and a good old sailorsong and we get across it. arrrr arrrrr.

so much to do and so little time.

please let me know what we do about the stop after Antwerp?HuhHuh? i have had Gunter on the phone and he is so cool to let us stay at his place until everybody gets there, but he has to know.

i think it is a good stop as it is 5 min from the freeway and has a gasstation close by and there will be tea, i repeat there will be tea!!!!!!

so let me know who is stopping there; i'll pm some details about how to get there later today.
EspenX

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 08:48:57 am »

is it like the road ends and theres just water , then you park at the end of the road , then the end of the road starts its engine and you sail over the water where another "end of road" is waiting for you ??

Pretty much, the motorway ends at the docks basically. And a ferry leaves every 30 minutes, I think.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 09:58:30 am »

Richie, you'd better try to set off a bit earlier – in my experience you're usually a little late leaving... Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Gunter

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 10:13:07 am »

Richie, you'd better try to set off a bit earlier – in my experience you're usually a little late leaving... Grin

and remember Motorway works from Ghent towards Antwerp ...
and you would have to pass it unless they circle around the N49 (Expressweg) and take the Liefkenshoektunnel (toll crossing only 4.5 euro regular car with credit card) and have almost non traffic jam
will guide you guys all the way in Belgium but have to know
Nicolas we have to circle them around it is useless them having to queue up that long ... depending on what time they will pass the Motorway works ...
richie

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 10:24:49 am »

Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: