The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 14:59:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  so lets have the total then???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: so lets have the total then???  (Read 17626 times)
richie

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 10:31:15 am »

Richie, you'd better try to set off a bit earlier – in my experience you're usually a little late leaving... Grin

and remember Motorway works from Ghent towards Antwerp ...
and you would have to pass it unless they circle around the N49 (Expressweg) and take the Liefkenshoektunnel (toll crossing only 4.5 euro regular car with credit card) and have almost non traffic jam
will guide you guys all the way in Belgium but have to know
Nicolas we have to circle them around it is useless them having to queue up that long ... depending on what time they will pass the Motorway works ...

Hi Gunter got your PM,thanks for the offer,on the route i have got it takes the E17,then merge A14/E17 towards Antwerp,then continue on R1 then take exit Antwerpen-Oost to merge A13/E313/E34 toward Luik/Hasselt/Eindhoven/turnhout then exit ranst toward Eindhoven/Turnhout,is this going to go through the roadworks you mention? if so where would we get of and the back onto or route again?

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Gunter

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:29 am »

Hi Richie

PMed you for suggested driving instructions
and hotels

see you tomorrow morning

have a safe trip you have the cell call any time
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 18:36:38 pm »

OK for me. who is booking or is it all individual. what time do you expect to arrive there. i agree with the ferry, but that means we HAVE to get it, the bridge is always open i presume. let me know what i need to book and i'll be riding along.
- JF are you reading this as well? -

Yes, I've read it.

It's the same for me.

nicolas

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 06:36:42 am »

allright i talked to my wife this morning because i am about to trow up because off the stress and have decided this:

1. if the engine runs and feels good enough after the checkup this evening, and it doesn't overheat anymore i am risking it to drive it all the way to SCC. this is my favorite senario, but every jig needs to fall into place today then.

2. if the car is not running as it should, i will ask JF to have a spot in his car (or Lee's buggy) for me and drive me to SCC and back if possible. that is also cool, but not my favorite option. i think you know why.

i have come to the wise decision that i like my wife and kid and myself a little too much to step in a car that doesn't feel safe or good enough for a roadtrip like this. hell i am not into hoodride... i am just letting you know this as hard bullet to bite, but most likely a wise decision...  Cry
JS

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 06:48:20 am »

Ok, I have told half the Scandinavian VW community about your excellent FASTback...

1. Get your ass in the car.

2. Drive it to Norway!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I´m sure you´ll manage just fine Nicolas, can´t miss both EBI and SCC the same season!! (Talking about the car, not you of course!)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:33:32 am by JS » Logged

Signature.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 07:16:54 am »

Johnny  Shocked i think Nicolas have Fastback
JS

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 07:34:35 am »

Thanks, Mags, shit like that happens sometimes when I post before 8 in the morning...  Wink

Signature.
Gunter

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 14:58:47 pm »

Johnny  Shocked i think Nicolas have Fastback

hi guys help wanted here
Nicolas had a flat tyre
Bridgestone 165x65x15
he needs one in Norway
if somebody could help him
plse call him on the cell 0032 479 388 124
all others are fine
for sure after Richie and Frank explained Lee that sometimes he has to take fuel  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
but so far all good
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: