The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:47:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  december / january southern states rv trip. Any tips and weather info please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: december / january southern states rv trip. Any tips and weather info please  (Read 2316 times)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« on: August 10, 2008, 12:11:58 pm »

My family and I are thinking of doing a RV trip around the southern west states of America from mid December to mid January, basically we have 5 weeks

What weather can we expect at that time of year? We would like to stay in the warmest states for most of the time.

What are the must see places around say California, Utah, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado and Arizona

Thanks for any tips / info from any living out there or who has done a trip like this would be great.

Ps any vw meets that time of year Wink Grin
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:23:26 pm by rocket ron » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 12:24:31 pm »

We were in Vegas for xmas, nice during the day, cold at night.  When we flew over the states, from Canada down to Colorado it was snow!

Think of it as spring time

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Sam K

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 13:59:49 pm »

There will definitely be snow in the mountains in colorado around that tim of year. In Denver, though, the weather is very unpredictable. There have been several years where I drove my Bug to the parents house on Christmas and temperatures were in the sixties, but the last couple years there was around a foot of snow on the ground.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: