The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:28:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!  (Read 84261 times)
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« on: August 16, 2008, 22:29:46 pm »

WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AT GARDERMOEN!!! PERFECT WEATHER!!! AWESOME CARS AND RACING!!! SUPERB BURGERS!!! AND AWESOME PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Here are some of my shots!

Video's will follow on youtube soon...

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Liou

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:42:16 pm »

nice pic thanks kobus ;o)

My 62 ragtop cal look
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 20:17:19 pm »

CHECK THIS MADNESS MADE IN SCANDINAVIA!!! 850HP!!! YEEEHAAAA!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ_upA5xLdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ_upA5xLdM</a>"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param></object>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 20:23:31 pm by Kobus » Logged

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 20:21:52 pm »

That's just crazy  Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Liou

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 20:37:55 pm »

wow killer this bug 850 HP that crazy lol

My 62 ragtop cal look
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 21:01:05 pm »

Thats just nuts  Shocked More please  Cool

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Sander/DVK

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 21:13:39 pm »

Omg  Shocked Shocked

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
james wotton

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 21:56:02 pm »

f*^k me that's just insane would loved to of been there.

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Turtle001

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 23:49:58 pm »

those vikings are crazy !

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 01:29:01 am »

well its 1.30am Monday morning, I have just got back to London from SCC.  What a fucking awesome show.  I am tired, but will post pics and thanks etc when(if) i wake up.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 08:14:00 am »

Sitting at work with a big smile, to tired to do anything. What a weekend!!! Mindblowing. Thanks to everyone that was there for making this the best scandinavian VW event EVER!!
Gunter

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 08:33:45 am »

Sitting at work with a big smile, to tired to do anything. What a weekend!!! Mindblowing. Thanks to everyone that was there for making this the best scandinavian VW event EVER!!

Hey Rune
thanks man
I heard latest info a 9.1 with the type34Ghia
did he improve ?
do you have pics ?

thanks and shit I could not make it
for sure next year ...
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 09:23:11 am »

Hey Rune
thanks man
I heard latest info a 9.1 with the type34Ghia
did he improve ?
do you have pics ?

thanks and shit I could not make it
for sure next year ...

No improvement this time, but there is an 8 in that car for sure..
Sorry, no pics from me. No time to take photos..
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 09:59:12 am »

oh my god what a weekend!
I just got home 5 hours ago and I'm still in a.. well undescribable mood....
750-800 people from 10? nations and over 300 cars.. wonderful cars...
I keep hearing cars drive by outside my house, and in my head they sound like cars pulling up in the line up...
Also got race for my first time.. I'm still excited! 13.03 with a 1.7 60 foot... Now I have something to improve :-)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

WOW...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

jose del orto

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38:04 am »

Was back home at one o'clock this morning, and like many others I am sitting in my quiet office and still hearing the roaring flatfours! To me it was the best event I attended this year, with a lot of cool people, a fantastic weather, a breathtaking show on the strip with many hot fast cars, a big variety of stock engined cars (including six Kübelwagen, 3 Schwimmwagen, a Hebmüller, loads of pre-58 Beetles, and so on), and a very particular diet (something like 10 or 11 very tasty Hamburgers over 3 days...). Thanks a lot to all the organisers, who sacrified their freetime to make all this possible, and see you next year!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 11:39:19 am »

Its 11.30am I have just woken up.  My body aches, i smell, but i still have a buzz.

I must thank JHU for collecting me Friday morning, and his girlfriend for taking me back to the airport in the Sunday evening.  Austin for putting me up for the weekend, what an awesome barn!  Lots of other Norwegians for giving me free beer and food for the weekend.

Good to see Russell, Richie, Wrey, Frank, Dave, Mat and Sal.

I earned my crew Tee shirt Smiley  I now know how to sweep Norwegian style, and put road signs up, even if people did point out to me that one was upside down (although there was a reason).

I was sad to leave, but needed the comforts of my own bed.  The flight home was shit!  Landed at Stansted 35 mins early, to be then kept in the plane for 45 mins because the main doors at the terminal building were broken.  2 hours later I got into my car, the M25 was closed so I had to drive into London and then out again!  Does it matter.....NO Smiley

A few pics:

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 11:40:34 am »

more:

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 11:41:49 am »

even more:

Tobi/DFL

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 12:13:06 pm »

THANKS ALOT TO THE WHOLE SCC CREW AND VOLUNTEERS!
SCC was one of the most memorable events of my live although I haven´t even been there with my own car. We had such a great time up north and hated the we had to leave on sunday afternoon to get our flight at Torp airport.
Rune, Oystein, JHU and the unknown owner of our '67 "rental car" in particular: THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We hope to see you guys on november 1st!
I´m now sitting in the office and can´t really concentrate on work. There are still too many impression circulating in my head... Grin

Tobi
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 12:16:26 pm »

Good to meet you and share a room with you Tobi Wink

Hope to see you in November.

Knechten

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 13:05:34 pm »

This picture tells all about the atmosphere at SCC 08. A smile as big as the stinger, even though he knows very well the tranny is dead. This mean norwegian looker has been resting for while, and was finally put back on the track at SCC by Jee Ent. I did not get that many pictures with the camera during the weekend, running around in my orange crew shirt. Not very productive at the office today either  Cheesy
Knechten

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 13:09:51 pm »

We got the air polluted as well with foreign rubber smoke...
kormi

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 13:18:58 pm »

Thank you all for a great weekend! So cool to see that many nations represented up here in Norway. Great cars, people, track and weather! And a special thank-you to all SCC crew and the racers who gave 200% on the track! I will need a few days to calm down...

I will put out a lot of cool pics soon... and video.

Here's a teaser. R.  Webb, leaving the line.. on ONE wheel! :

Boost it...
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 13:40:16 pm »

How did Richie do?  Smiley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 13:44:13 pm »

Broke CV joint on the Saturday, got it fixed

got into the 9's again on his last run, think his vision was impaired with oil on the windscreen!

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 14:16:29 pm »

it look like an awesome week end guys , may be next year i will come by plane

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
ESH

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 14:31:50 pm »

The event was mind blowing, awesome cars, awesome times and most importantly really awesome people. Thanks to the organisers for stepping up and taking over Gardermoen for the weekend, the event really came together and it'll be good to see everyone again next year, one way or another I am sure I'll be back there as you can't say you're into this thing and miss action like that! I enjoyed it in 2006 but this was a long way better. Wow!

I haven't really had a chance to look at any pictures yet and I'm not sure I can remember too much as there was quite a bit to take in but I remember seeing some numbers like 9.1, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.9 and the like flashing up quite a bit, ( Shocked ) it's definitely different in Scandinavia!

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
SplitMan
SCC Crew

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 14:40:15 pm »

CHECK THIS MADNESS MADE IN SCANDINAVIA!!! 850HP!!! YEEEHAAAA!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ_upA5xLdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CJ_upA5xLdM</a>"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param></object>

Thanks a lot everybody - especially all the crew in the orange T-shirts and all you foreigners that made the way up to the far north - we all loved it! Fantastic event, pity it is a full year until next time!

For reference: The "Skinne Beetle" of Norway on Kobus' video clip: Built by the Skinne brothers many years ago as a street / circut car and has had numerous engines over the years. The last dosen of years the Skinne brothers have been building fast Pro Stock cars with V8's - they are European Champions in Pro Stock and the only european team to make into the top 16-car ladder in the NHRA. The Skinne brothers never forget their VW-background and this last winter they decided to put their bright heads and hands into a new engine for the old Beetle... A wasserboxer block and humongous turbo on top.... a whopping 851 HP and - get this - 1110 Nm on the dyno!!! Got it off the dyno saturday morning, took it to SCC, rolled it off the trailer and did a 9,6!

You might not know where you were when Armstrong stepped on the moon, when color TV was introduced, when the wall fell or when Kennedy got shot ...... but if you weren't at Gardermoen when the earth rumbled as the Skinne Beetle launched......you missed out!

Very well deserved Volks World Magazine Trophy to the Skinne Brothers! 
Gunter

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 14:43:18 pm »

The event was mind blowing, awesome cars, awesome times and most importantly really awesome people. Thanks to the organisers for stepping up and taking over Gardermoen for the weekend, the event really came together and it'll be good to see everyone again next year, one way or another I am sure I'll be back there as you can't say you're into this thing and miss action like that! I enjoyed it in 2006 but this was a long way better. Wow!

I haven't really had a chance to look at any pictures yet and I'm not sure I can remember too much as there was quite a bit to take in but I remember seeing some numbers like 9.1, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.9 and the like flashing up quite a bit, ( Shocked ) it's definitely different in Scandinavia!

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Hi Mat
you liked the 34  Wink
SplitMan
SCC Crew

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 15:05:47 pm »

Sunday afternoon:
Finally the clutch and engine is in CSP's fiersome Type34... Ron Lummus is ready behind the wheel on the starting line of what he describes as one of the best tracks he has seen.... Smooth burnout...staging....green light....the airplane-looking red monster launches hard, lifts the front and the torque of the Johannes Persson-built engine twists the car slightly to the right and the car virtually goes sideways, but forward through first gear....experienced Ron doesn't even think about letting off on the right foot...slams it into second and continues his unbeleivable flight to the 9,116 pass....HOLEYMOLEY! We were priveleged to be able to feel, smell and breathe such a moment at SCC - thanks a million to Peter, Ron, Johannes and the CSP-team for the fun!

When R"ivstart Productions" finish their official SCC2008-DVD you can see this moment in history, but if you weren't there you can never feel it... See you in 2009!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: