The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:05:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: SCC!!! WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!!! LET'S SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEO'S!!!  (Read 84267 times)
ESH

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 15:07:13 pm »

... For reference: The "Skinne Beetle" of Norway on Kobus' video clip: Built by the Skinne brothers many years ago as a street / circut car and has had numerous engines over the years. The last dosen of years the Skinne brothers have been building fast Pro Stock cars with V8's - they are European Champions in Pro Stock and the only european team to make into the top 16-car ladder in the NHRA. The Skinne brothers never forget their VW-background and this last winter they decided to put their bright heads and hands into a new engine for the old Beetle... A wasserboxer block and humongous turbo on top.... a whopping 851 HP and - get this - 1110 Nm on the dyno!!! Got it off the dyno saturday morning, took it to SCC, rolled it off the trailer and did a 9,6!

You might not know where you were when Armstrong stepped on the moon, when color TV was introduced, when the wall fell or when Kennedy got shot ...... but if you weren't at Gardermoen when the earth rumbled as the Skinne Beetle launched......you missed out ...

That car was some kind of crazy but what a machine! Great guys too.  Smiley

... you liked the 34 ...

Oh yeah! It's going to do an 8 for sure. They should have taken Barbie though, someone left her behind and the car was behaving like a bitch in the pits. I think they're going to be tired when they get back!

Cool
cassa

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 15:11:38 pm »

FYI. The Skinne beetle and engine is buildt by Tor Øyvind Skinne.  His is no longer working at Skinne Bros, he has his own garage where he buildt this car and engine.  There is a lot of hard work into this engine. He has had many setbacks during the years! Last year he broke the crank out fine tuning the car. (I think it was the night before SCC)  There is a lot of potesial in this motor!!!  I think we will see 8 second passes when the chassis and tracktion is better!!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 15:19:14 pm »

Broke CV joint on the Saturday, got it fixed

got into the 9's again on his last run, think his vision was impaired with oil on the windscreen!

As long as he didn't do any damage to the motor, there's not exactly not much spannering time before next weekend Smiley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Udo

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 18:30:48 pm »

For reference: The "Skinne Beetle" of Norway on Kobus' video clip: Built by the Skinne brothers many years ago as a street / circut car and has had numerous engines over the years. The last dosen of years the Skinne brothers have been building fast Pro Stock cars with V8's - they are European Champions in Pro Stock and the only european team to make into the top 16-car ladder in the NHRA. The Skinne brothers never forget their VW-background and this last winter they decided to put their bright heads and hands into a new engine for the old Beetle... A wasserboxer block and humongous turbo on top.... a whopping 851 HP and - get this - 1110 Nm on the dyno!!! Got it off the dyno saturday morning, took it to SCC, rolled it off the trailer and did a 9,6!

You might not know where you were when Armstrong stepped on the moon, when color TV was introduced, when the wall fell or when Kennedy got shot ...... but if you weren't at Gardermoen when the earth rumbled as the Skinne Beetle launched......you missed out!

Very well deserved Volks World Magazine Trophy to the Skinne Brothers! 
[/quote]

Hi
What cc does this engine have ? Sounds like no high rpms ?

Udo

Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 18:31:09 pm »

I will thanks too all people from 11 Nations som came too Gardermoen too have Fun.
I hope we can see more racecar next year,from Franch,belgium,Germany,Nederland,Uk,Fiinland,Sweden.
Also well i thanks all people from Vesterås,5 Turbocars.also Håkan Lundgren brown fast Oval
Jyrki and Jussi from Finland.
Thanks too all from UK Richie,Frank,mat-Sally ,Mike and matt.
Thanks too Dave Rhods came all way from US.
Pat/Vanessa ,Roland,Kobus and rest of Das Club,
som from DFL club also
My friend from Franch Jerome.
Thanks too CSP,Peter,Hamster also the Driver Ron Lummus fast run.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
Mags
Magne

sambadude

57 rag oval type1 & 64 rag de luxe type2 in stock

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 18:39:40 pm »

thankyou to SCC Crew for a great event , my ears are still flopping, deffently bee there next year in my own vw

i'll bee ready to RRRRUMBLE with you guys

http://vwnettet.dk/forum/topic/426500/page/2
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 19:39:57 pm by sambadude » Logged

Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 19:06:10 pm »

Like Mags, thanks to all people from all the 13 notions. And all the awesome cal-lookers and racecars you bring all the way too Norway and SCC. What a awesome weekend Cool Some of you I will meet again1st of november.

Fritte
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 21:01:50 pm by Fritte » Logged

12.63-174kmt @ SCC 2012. JPM Dyno: 173hk @ 7000rpm. 209Nm
oppdatere til å bruke
Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 20:03:42 pm »

SCC 08

oppdatere til å bruke
Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 20:05:01 pm »

SCC 08

oppdatere til å bruke
Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 20:06:27 pm »

SCC 08

oppdatere til å bruke
Olaf A./DFL

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 20:20:03 pm »

just like tobi and all the others said -thanks for one of the best events i've ever attended! i am still stunned about the whole package -the trip-the landscape -overwhelming hospitality -the track and so many of the fastest cars of europe! especially i'd like to thank øystein, rune and jhu for organising a 67 beetle for the trip from torp to the track and back and giving us a place to sleep - we felt right at home!

i've just uploaded my pictures which can be seen here: http://olafalbers.de/gallery/scc08

Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 20:43:09 pm »

Thanks for sharing Olaf !

Done ? Not Yet.
cassa

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 20:48:15 pm »

[

Hi
What cc does this engine have ? Sounds like no high rpms ?

Udo
[/quote]

It has max HP in the 5xxx range (dont remember excatly)  its 2,8L. 
This is a street car and runs on pump gas!! stock VW case and heads.  all heavily modified.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 21:01:41 pm »

Udo.Cassa.
This engine too Skinne Oval.
I have engine Case  from T3 Buss van (Orginal 2,1L) Cheesy
-Crank.rods from Pauter.
Also you Udo most be SCC 2009.

Mags
Udo

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 21:15:01 pm »

Hi Mags

Original waterboxer crank  Huh

We are planning to come next year again to your event . With both cars  Smiley
This year it was a little too much , ...
I am happy that you had so much competitors this year .

Udo
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 21:18:15 pm by Udo » Logged

Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 21:29:40 pm »

No Udo,
Case is from Waterboxer,
Crank is from Pauter also rods.

I think Nils will read som more fax on this crasy engine.
also what happening in Dyno.

Mags
See you Bitburg
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 07:32:38 am »

Just got back home an hour ago, 1800km in 24 hours... ouch!  Cheesy

This week-end was awesome! I managed to get from 15.1 to 13.89 on street tires and with fan belt, pretty happy with that number! Phil with his green 80's car got his personal best, 12.9. shreck got a 14.7 if i remember right, not bad for a mild 1915 and Pat/Vanessa kept pulling nice wheelies with the 62! Good score for our small Das delegation.

The vintage line-up was really impressive! And also lots and lots of great cars that you don't see often in "southern" Europe (aka belgium  Grin )

It was really nice to be there, nice chatting with all of you guys! Glad i could meet in real life all the guys i knew trough the lounge. I think we all had a great time and we'll be back next year with more people from Belgium for sure!

And to finish the week-end, that little cruise in Lee's Manx was great! thanks dude, hope you got home ok in your plastic toy. Now i know i want one!  Grin

Glitter don't make you faster.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 07:50:21 am »

A BIG, BIG, BIG THANK YOU to all of you who came all the way up to Norway to make this a fantastic event!!!

So nice meeting everybody!!!  Grin

I`m so very happy now, sitting in my office, and letting all the impressions just rush through my head!
And I can finaly say, WE MADE IT!! We made something that will last for a long time in our minds Grin Grin

Thank You all !!!

See you at SCC 2009!!!!

Best regards,
Berger
SCC crew

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 09:01:53 am »

Here you have some great photos taken by Line Flagstad,click on SCC Saturday/Sunday.

http://flagstad.org/?action=vrac

Heebah

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 10:31:41 am »

It was great!!!
Met a lot of nice people!
Thanks Kalle & Co we had a wonderfull time!
Even though, for now on I´m going to skip the Trondheim MoonShine.
Lines from Karate Kid were flying through the air;D

Got a lot on good film material on tape and a couple of nice shots.

-tOmi-

Heebah

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:47 am »

more:
SplitMan
SCC Crew

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:09 am »

Fantastic pictures Heebah! Thanks for coming and thanks for sharing!

Is it possible to get a high res version of the Screwdriver- and the gas tank-picture? For private use? (oas@scatec.no)

Thanks!
ESH

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 10:55:35 am »

Thanks! Looking at these pictures I can smell the track again.  Smiley

I'm back at work and I'd rather still be at SCC! Sad
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 11:48:20 am »

thx for sharing with us , lot of cool pictures it look like an fantastic week end

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Liou

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 12:09:18 pm »

all nice picture it's beauty thx very much guy
next year in 2009 I hope to go SCC

My 62 ragtop cal look
Heebah

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 12:32:25 pm »

and more:
Knechten

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 12:35:07 pm »

Nice pictures everyone Grin Here are some more Norwegian pictures to enjoy: http://www.olastuenfoto.no/scc/index.html
Wout

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 13:03:17 pm »

It was awesome!!!  Grin

Thanx to all!!!

gr
Wout
(Belgium)

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
Speed-demon

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 13:03:28 pm »

No Udo,
Case is from Waterboxer,
Crank is from Pauter also rods.

I think Nils will read som more fax on this crasy engine.
also what happening in Dyno.

Mags
See you Bitburg

Skinnes engine is as mags is sayiong equipped with Pauter rods and crank. The rest is more or less homemade by the Skinne team, which also includes Vidar Strand, which is known for his BMW's (8 seconds M3 I think). The Skinne car is built based on own ideas, and the most impressive part is that Tor Øyvind Skinne is 90% blind (the car is driven by his friend). It is also quite impressive that the car was driven from Gardermoen back home to Østfold on the street after the 9,6 pass, which is a 120 km drive!!!!! Rumors say that they are now installing a full cage to the car, and that it will be driven at Right On Street Finals next week-end. The engine was not driven at full boost this saturday, so when the traction problems are solved, the car should be able to make a much faster pass!!!!!
Broidi

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 13:21:46 pm »

Thanks Kalle & Co on my behalf too! You really did take a good care of us (Heeba & I)! What a great weekend! And thanks to the Screwdrivers for a magnificent BBQ!!! Hell yeah! I can almost smell the leathal moonshine... Grin

Kippis!

-Jaakko-

Ps. MonkiBoy, you have an wicked attitude driving that Manx all the way to Norway! I salut you... 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: