The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:10:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  COLWAY LM tyres are they any good???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: COLWAY LM tyres are they any good???  (Read 2033 times)
GreenTom

« on: August 18, 2008, 11:39:21 am »

Hi as in Topic.

I bought COLWAY LM 145 R15 brand new newer used (never driven but they will fited probobly) but... on the hard bit where the rubbers fits in the rim the outher leyer of the rubber is a little bit teared off. I was looking for those tyres for 2 years (145/80 R15) and finally got them.

any of you guys know the quality of those tyres?

I ride on 155 R15 Veredestins (nice rubbers but ... Smiley its alway about "buts")

should I putt them on or its to riskey?

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Peter

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 14:27:25 pm »

i think they look good!
you can always try Smiley
Prowagen

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 14:44:25 pm »

I know alot of the off road guys here in the UK use colway. But i think the company went bust and is no longer about?

Rob.
plasticblack

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 18:51:38 pm »

My only knowledge of Colways is my friend that did the Peking Paris Rally this year in a 1959 Beetle.

His Colway Tyres lasted just over two stages (inc spares) and he had to airlift new tyres into Russia.. which cost more than a holiday in the USA!! Wink
Airspeed

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 22:56:02 pm »

It says in the picture its a 're-tread', so they are not new, but a new tread was vulcanised (sp?) onto them. Its the cheap way of making a 'new' tire and is forbidden in some countries due to safety reasons. I guess its more common in Poland, no disrespect intended though. One of them safety issues being that the 'new' thread sometimes is getting loose and comes off, usually partially, which is probably what you are already seeing as you described something like that...

I would never ever use such a tire if you ever drive the highway at highway speeds. Ever.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 22:59:34 pm by Airspeed » Logged

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
GreenTom

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 09:20:30 am »

thanks for advices,

yes they are "remoulded" (is that the word?) its why they were so cheep Smiley

I'll try them on but will keep my Veredesteins as they are really good (maby little worse than Bridgestones but better than made in china Varriors Cheesy)

the "refreshed" tyres are not so popular here, cheep but still not very popular. Probobly mor popular they are in USA especially big road trains tyres.

once again thanx for advice Smiley
If I'll survive I'll write my observations Wink

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: