The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:27:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Well I/we did it guys.......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Well I/we did it guys.......  (Read 9184 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: August 23, 2008, 09:18:43 am »

Well I did it guys and I still can't believe it, A grand total of 2412 miles or 3883 Km's and all I can say is it was MORE than worth it....This has been the BEST week of my life - I mean it guys it was AMAZING Grin Grin Grin

There are a FEW thankyou's I have to make though Smiley

- Richie Webb for putting up with me and my LOW mpg for over 2000 miles - THANKYOU "Dude"  Wink Smiley you have also given me LOADS to think about - I have learnt SOOOOOO much this week - again THANKYOU. Smiley

- Dave Rhoads it was AMAZING to hang out with you for the week and here your tales from 70's - You opened my eyes to alot of ideas, THANKYOU for puttiing up with all our question, I will be in touch SOON  Wink Smiley oh yeah and the tunning tips for the Manx  Smiley

- Russell Rhoads for putting up with us VW freaks chatting engine spec's and old school cars ALL WEEKEND - Thankyou buddy  Smiley

- Nicolas and family - Firlstly for having One CCOL Fastback and for joining us on this once in a life time journey - you are a TRUE Friend - I hear you and "porkchop" got home safe and sound  Wink Smiley I will be in touch SOON  - THANKYOU - oh yeah my thanks to Cindy agian for puting up with us chatting VW's ALL weekend  Cheesy

- JF you are a LEGEND - I am SOOOO glad you joined us for this journey - you have such a COOL attitude - And a COOL Car with much better fuel consumpsion than mine  Roll Eyes Smiley

- Frank Hoffman for being well how can I put this... THE COOLEST GERMAN I have ever met again you had such a COOL attitude, You made the trip UP sooooo much fun - I will stay in touch buddy  Smiley

- Calle - THANKYOU buddy, The Cabin, The Food, The boat trip, Swimming (in the rain Cheesy) The Views, The Red Wine  Wink - it was AWSOME - you are a legend and if your ever in the UK you ALWAYS have a place to stay  Smiley

- The SCC Crew - for putting on such an awsome event and preping an AWSOME track Grin It was more than worth it guys and THANKYOU for the 3 trophies  Grin, I will be back next year  Smiley

- The Screwdrivers - For hosting a wicked barbeque on Friday night - I had a wicked time, and maybe alittle too much to drink  Cheesy oh yeah and the Finnish guys for feeding me real "Moonshine"  Lips Sealed

- And everone I have forgoten to mention, I got soooooooo many compliments on My Manx it was AMAZING

THANKYOU EVERONE  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

P.S I will be back next year for sure  Smiley

P.P.S If anyone out there has pic's of me and my manx please post them or send them to me - Thanks guys  Smiley

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:28:02 am by monkiboy » Logged

You either "Get It" or you don't......
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:27:32 am »

well i have put a small post in another topic to say the same, but it may be a bit appropriate to thank some people a bit better.

JF: for having the best car and be such a cool guy and coming along with a bunch off freaks. much respect to the fact that you drove all the way back to Belgium alone!!!

Frank H: always cool and excited about the trip. never complained and a true Englishman in the teadrinking. a great help at SCC as well.

Lee Monkiboy: for just being him! very cool guy and nice crazy award; i'll be giving that back to you very soon DUDE,  Grin the kind off person you get mad at, but never can stay mad at because he is so genuine. see you soon buddy.

Dave Rhoads: for indeed putting up with two very eager young man that basically were in heaven to be able to talk to you about points, plugs and all the other stupid stuff we could imagine. truely amazing vieuw on things. and much appreciated!

Russel Rhoads: yeah what Lee said. you are the best, if you want me to write that note for school, just let me know. next time i promise more talk about surfing.

Kalle: IF SCC was not mindblowing enough, you put an extra dimension to the whole trip. and what a dimension. Loved every bit off it! the boat, cabin, the food, the truely amazing person you are. damn i miss that part. makes me want to go on boattrips and have you as a guide. i hope i can ever give back even 10% off what you did for us.

all the people at SCC: to come and talk to me about the car or just goof around, the Das crew for coming over and being really friendly to me. the SCC crew for all they did and the good mood they were in all weekend long; the screwdrivers for their display, party AND great announcer (never a dull moment and might i add better then Dyno...  Shocked) everybody who came and made my eyes, ears and hands ache for more. very cool to see the warcars as well, the only cool Ratlooks  Grin

Richie: truely inspiring guy about porkchops, steak, drumsticks, hairdryers. still not sure what to do with that. roadrage comes to mind as well  Grin, the guy that really makes me to want a 5 gear box, BUT an amazingly great guy. if i was a gorgeous woman i wanted him. i loved every bit off it and i hope i can be in your wrenching crew in the future. it was soooo cool to help out and an eyeopener as well to see what REAL racing is about.

my family: for indeed putting up with me, going on the trip and making it all PERFECT.

thanks to all involved with the whole trip  Kiss
Lee.C

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:01:08 am »

yeah i know me and my annoying "habbits" and silly car  Roll Eyes Wink Smiley THANKYOU BUDDY it was a once in a life time trip and I am sooooooo glad you (and your family) came with me  Kiss Wink Smiley

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 14:16:09 pm »

Thanks to both of you for taking the long trip to Norway and SCC! It was indeed a pleasure getting to know you both!. ........... But Monkiboy, by the looks of it you must have shrinked during your long drive - and why are you doing the Fred Flinstone thing? 

Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 14:17:59 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Lee.C

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 14:27:20 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, what a cool pic  Smiley

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 15:00:48 pm »

That sounds like a great trip.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 15:14:09 pm »

That sounds like a great trip.

--louis

it sure was dude  Smiley

checkout JF blog http://j-f.skynetblogs.be/

ESH

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 22:59:09 pm »

Nicolas, Lee, I'm jealous, you did it. An amazing trip I think, nice one. In the middle of a (nother) race weekend so short posts, see you soon.  (Great to meet the family Nicolas). Smiley
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:55:42 am »

I was very happy to meet all of you. Even if my English knowledges are limited, I spend great times with you all  Wink

Lee, you are the man. Maybe one of the most friendly guy I know. Don't change.

Nico, Cindy and little Jef. Thank to invite me to join you for that trip and your friendliness . I will really miss something if I didn't do it.
And as I told you, you always need an Ardennais everytime, everywhere  Grin Grin 

Ritchie. For me, it is like you speak with an hot potatoes in the mouth  Grin For next time , I will listen to some English curses tapes. It will be easier to understand  Grin Grin

And once again, Thank to all people to make that event one of the most interesting I see.

Lee.C

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 21:25:40 pm »

Nicolas, Lee, I'm jealous, you did it. An amazing trip I think, nice one. In the middle of a (nother) race weekend so short posts, see you soon.  (Great to meet the family Nicolas). Smiley

Thanks Mat - it was an ADVENTURE for sure Smiley I will be in touch SOON about that curry  Smiley ps hope Avon park is going well and say hello to Dave & Russ for me  Smiley

I was very happy to meet all of you. Even if my English knowledges are limited, I spend great times with you all  Wink

Lee, you are the man. Maybe one of the most friendly guy I know. Don't change.

Nico, Cindy and little Jef. Thank to invite me to join you for that trip and your friendliness . I will really miss something if I didn't do it.
And as I told you, you always need an Ardennais everytime, everywhere  Grin Grin 

Ritchie. For me, it is like you speak with an hot potatoes in the mouth  Grin For next time , I will listen to some English curses tapes. It will be easier to understand  Grin Grin

And once again, Thank to all people to make that event one of the most interesting I see.

It was a pleaseure doing this trip with you dude, you are a LEGEND and you are one of the most friendly guys I know also - DON'T Change  Smiley
I hope you got home ok with no problems  Huh Smiley

This truly was a once in a life time adventure - I can't wait for next year  Grin Grin Grin

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 22:07:35 pm »

Lee, did i already thank you for letting me drive the manx?  Grin Thanks Mate!

Glitter don't make you faster.
Lee.C

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 22:45:57 pm »

Lee, did i already thank you for letting me drive the manx?  Grin Thanks Mate!

it's cool buddy - glad you had fun  Smiley see you at action - I might even let you have a go on the off road track  Shocked Smiley

p.s sorry if the brakes were alittle soft  Cheesy

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 07:20:53 am »

Hi Lee,

Yes, I travel safe  Wink Just a J-tube that was a little disassembled and gave a crappy noise. That's all.  Roll Eyes

Schrek ask me if I want go to the Action. Do you go also there?

Lee.C

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:35 am »

Hi Lee,

Yes, I travel safe  Wink Just a J-tube that was a little disassembled and gave a crappy noise. That's all.  Roll Eyes

Schrek ask me if I want go to the Action. Do you go also there?

Yep I'll be there for sure - I go every year - plus its payday that weekend  Grin Grin Grin see you there  Huh Smiley

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 17:45:29 pm »

I don't know if I can go the Vw action. Lot's of work this week  Cry
Lee.C

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 22:05:40 pm »

I don't know if I can go the Vw action. Lot's of work this week  Cry

I reall hope you can come dude - it would be nice to see you again seeing as you could not ride back with us  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: