The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:44:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  rubber or solid mount.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rubber or solid mount.  (Read 3575 times)
nicolas

« on: August 28, 2008, 21:34:21 pm »

we have discussed the topic allready and i have almost made my mind up (i'll go solid mounted pretty soon), but i have no clue who can make the brackets...

i have a setup off all the wrong parts now: red blocks (the stuff they make skateboardwheels from), front strap and belhouse strap on the gearbox and the engine still tilts over when you leave in first. a tracktionbar is a bit out off the question with the type3 setup and a 30mm pump (i have thought about modifyoing an orginal bracket but not come to it). so that leaves me with one option solid mounts. but which ones and what are your experiences... thanks
Prowagen

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 23:35:23 pm »

I had Berg solid mounts on my GT box on 68 swing pan, with 2110 motor, it was very bumpy and rattley on the UK streets, but It sounded awesome all the motor noise travels through the car, which was stripped out. I will probably go deaf by the time I am 40 but its worth it Cheesy
The berg mounts were really heavy duty too good bit of kit.

Rob.
Sam K

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 00:51:11 am »

I my bug, I have a set of Berg rubber mounts that are supposedly harder than stock and I have a padded strap over the cradle. I also have the Berg intermediate mount withthe rubber spacers but I also have a set of solide aluminum spacers that I can slip in for racing. It seems to work allright.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:54:15 am »

rubber mounts, truss bar, and a berg front support. no wheel hop, no twist, just powr to the ground baby

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:20:08 am »

Hmmmm interesting - I have been wondering about this to dude, I think Richie did sugest the "Stock" Type HD grey mounts  Undecided Smiley

Do you have the middle gearbox strap or Berg intermediate mount  Huh

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:56 am »

Hmmmm interesting - I have been wondering about this to dude, I think Richie did sugest the "Stock" Type HD grey mounts  Undecided Smiley

Use the grey mounts for a street car. 

I have grey front mount, berg rubber midmount, solid rear mount.  But.. its not a daily driver.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 09:49:27 am »

Has anyone tried fitting a thin strip of rubber between a solid mount and the box? I know it wouldn't make much difference but it might make your fillings last longer Smiley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 10:14:09 am »

Has anyone tried fitting a thin strip of rubber between a solid mount and the box? I know it wouldn't make much difference but it might make your fillings last longer Smiley

Hmmm interesting idea dude  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
jick

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 10:17:10 am »

i've had exactly the same idea ben, i was thinking of something just about 1mm?  haven`t tried it though.

Sam K

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 14:07:33 pm »

I have the strap over the bell housing and the Berg mount in the middle.
Sam K

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 14:10:20 pm »

Hmmm interesting idea dude  Smiley

I would strongly reccomend agaist this. Most likely, the rubber would wear out and disintegrate and the your gearbox would be loose.
nicolas

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 15:24:17 pm »

all cool. i haven't been in a car with solid mounts so i am not sure what to expect, but it seems that with the red Urethane stuff i have the noise anyway. so i am used to that. but the bergmidmount is an option but i think it needs welding... that is a bit less favourable with the horns and all being painted, but why not have a solid mount front and back. what is the difference with the berg mount?
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 08:55:16 am »

if you don't want to weld a mid mount you can bolt on the mohr mid mount, right?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
airstuff

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 13:18:41 pm »

if you don't want to weld a mid mount you can bolt on the mohr mid mount, right?

how good is this moore mid mount?I mean it isnt all the way effective,as the berg mount  Roll Eyes
G-dog

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 17:49:31 pm »

My winter project this year is to pull out all the solid mount stuff in my car before I lose ALL my hearing!!(Not to mention my family might actually want to cruise with me!)

Yeah I know-just another 67.....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: