The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:15:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  BM Disk and Berg Anti-Shocker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BM Disk and Berg Anti-Shocker  (Read 8135 times)
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« on: November 15, 2006, 20:46:15 pm »

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use both of these Parts, the Black Magic Disk and a Berg Anti-Shocker together???

As far as i know the BM slips when launching and the Anti shocker makes the Disk slip aswell so??? Does this work, or is there to much Slip then?

Let me know,

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
LGK

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 13:00:40 pm »

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use both of these Parts, the Black Magic Disk and a Berg Anti-Shocker together???

As far as i know the BM slips when launching and the Anti shocker makes the Disk slip aswell so??? Does this work, or is there to much Slip then?

Let me know,

Frank

If you can have a hold on the anri-shocker,buy it and we will try the set up,nothing to loose,just compare you 60Ft times with both set ups..

Good luck.

If you can have a hold on the anti-shocker,buy it and we will try the set up,nothing to loose ,just compare you 60Ft times with both set ups..

Good luck.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 13:02:32 pm by LGK » Logged

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 17:20:38 pm »

Good luck finding an anti-shocker if you dont already have one. I wouldnt advise installing it in a street car either- they cant put up with the repeated use and the continuous heat. I am good friends with Howard Washington, and he admitted these faults of the anit-shocker to me.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 10:30:01 am »

Hi Guys,

Let me know,

Frank

I have not tried any anti shocker and I can`t give you any advise on how they work but I do know the BM disc and as far as I can tell that thing do not slip much. Ok, maybe on a 300+hp, hard launching monster that thing will slip but for my 65 I would have liked that thing to slip a tad more. Before next season I`m going to shim the pressure plate .030" trying to reduce the bogging that I struggled with this season.

One question regarding the anti shockers, will it not create slip on 2,3 and 4`th gear as well?

Best rgs
BeetleBug

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Frank LUX

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 17:24:49 pm »

Hmmm,

Anymore Opinions...Huh

Frank

1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
Roman

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 18:47:01 pm »

Unless you have LOTS of horespower and a very heavy car it isn't necessary to use a BM disc. Use a Daikin Super disc and a stage 2 instead and save money. I ran 11.29 this summer on that combo, Rich Dickson has made lots of sub 11 second runs and I know a turbo guy that has run low 10's. It slips just enough in the start to avoid bogging and yet it locks up after a couple of meters.
It works good on the street as well.
Frank LUX

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 19:08:57 pm »

Unless you have LOTS of horespower and a very heavy car it isn't necessary to use a BM disc. Use a Daikin Super disc and a stage 2 instead and save money. I ran 11.29 this summer on that combo, Rich Dickson has made lots of sub 11 second runs and I know a turbo guy that has run low 10's. It slips just enough in the start to avoid bogging and yet it locks up after a couple of meters.
It works good on the street as well.

I already have the BM Disk and Stage 1 Pressure Plate, just wanted to know if you can use this Set-up with an Anti Shocker...

Thanxs for your advise!!!

Frank

Udo

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 20:46:20 pm »

If you have a Black Magic you don't need an antishocker ! I think i have one at home since 10 years or so and never installed it.

@ roman
Frank wants to go 10s  Wink

Regards udo

Frank LUX

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 21:11:41 pm »

If you have a Black Magic you don't need an antishocker ! I think i have one at home since 10 years or so and never installed it.

@ roman

Regards udo

Thanxs Udo, I finally got my answer!!!!

Concerning Et's, Yes Udo 10 are my Goal!!! Wink Grin Grin Grin

Frank

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 21:23:07 pm »

@ roman

Regards udo

Thanxs Udo, I finally got my answer!!!!

Concerning Et's, Yes Udo 10 are my Goal!!! Wink Grin Grin Grin

Frank

I think 10 is Roman`s goal as well but he do not wish to break gearboxes on his way  Smiley

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
LGK

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 22:17:22 pm »

@ roman

Regards udo

I think he should be very happy to go 11' to start with and see later on if there's room to make the 10'... Grin

To much people think it's done like they're eating an apple... Roll Eyes

Udo you have a lot of experiences dragracing your car... Wink Wink Wink
Frank made not more then 30passes in his life i guess... Undecided Kiss
It's not only power...theres lot more to work on then just big heads,lot's of power...putting them to the ground and being able to control the power is more then important but in fact i'm telling nothing news for you guys..

just my 2 cents Wink

Frank LUX

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 22:18:51 pm »

@ roman

Regards udo

I think he should be very happy to go 11' to start with and see later on if there's room to make the 10'...

To much people think it's done like they're eating an apple...

Udo you have a lot of experiences dragracing your car...Frank made not more then 30passes in his life i guess...
It's not only power...theres lot more to work on then just big heads,lot's of power...putting them to the ground and being able to control the power is more then important but in fact i'm telling nothing news for you guys..

just my 2 cents

Time will tell...lets make it happen... Wink

Frank

LGK

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 22:20:49 pm »

@ roman

Regards udo

I think he should be very happy to go 11' to start with and see later on if there's room to make the 10'...

Udo you have a lot of experiences dragracing your car...Frank made not more then 30passes in his life i guess...

just my 2 cents

Frank

OK no problem dude...put em to the floor.....

Frank LUX

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 22:23:25 pm »

@ roman

Regards udo

just my 2 cents

Frank

OK no problem dude...put em to the floor.....

I'll need my Motor first of all... Tongue Tongue Tongue

Frank
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 23:11:48 pm by Frank LUX » Logged

Roman

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 23:09:50 pm »

I have less than 40 runs down the strip, and 15 of them was 14 years ago...
11's wasn't that hard but, and you never know how hard the last 3 tens of a second is until you try.
Håkan Lundgren uses black magic and stage 1 on his low 9 second full weight bug, just for comparsion. Go easy on the clutch, it is better to have too little and step up if it slips. When your transaxle breaks it is too late to say that it was overclutched!

And beetlebug is right! Almost all of the parts for a 2831 cc street engine is ordered with all the nice stuff like 4.03" bore JPM heads, Terminator 2's etc. As soon as the actual buildup begins, I will update you guys.
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 00:54:35 am »

Frank stop f**king around with NOS and put a turbo motor in your car then you with get a 10. Tongue

Hahaha your killing me.........
Frank LUX

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 07:09:47 am »

Frank stop f**king around with NOS and put a turbo motor in your car then you with get a 10. Tongue

No Fxxxxing Haidryier for my Car... Tongue Grin Grin Grin

Frank

Udo

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 19:58:00 pm »

We don't have good tracks here like in England, Sweden or USA . So we don't have gearbox problems like others have. Bitburg is the best track for a beetle. No glue and good traktion, the tires slipp more than on a better track.We only need less lunch rpm . My last tranny was 4 years old when the first gear broke. But this was in Drachten .

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 23:19:49 pm »

This is true i like Bitburg did a 11.2 1/4 this year there with no burnout and i think i had about 18 psi in my slicks. Also Richie has ran low 10s there in his cab to and I'm i right in saying that from start to finish it rise 1.5 metres.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Udo

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 18:33:04 pm »

and I'm i right in saying that from start to finish it rise 1.5 metres.

You are right ! But i have the same ET's than in drachten vor example on a prepared track

Udo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: