The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:35:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Just found some pictures of the First Cal-Look I had ever built.. oh man....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just found some pictures of the First Cal-Look I had ever built.. oh man....  (Read 2769 times)
K-Roc

« on: September 02, 2008, 03:53:45 am »

It was a totally rust free 63 slider that I had picked up for 100 bucks and then proceeded to go crazy on it 80's cal-Look style ( Damm Magazines) it had a 2275 Blow through Turbo on it and just about everything else you could throw at it at the time.
I did all the body work and paint myself in my uncles garage, it was Nitro-cellulose Laquer, and the undercarrage was Candy Blue Epoxy, all the mounts, brackets, custom fender washers, bumber brackets etc.. were all cutom made out of stainless steel and polished by my uncle. even the steel brake lines were replaced with polished stainless hard line. I took about a year and a half to complete,
Check out the Recaro seats and the Wood dash LOL!!!
As far as I know the Car is still sitting in a Garage as is except the Turbo system is gone.

Check out the socks on the dood talking to the bikini chick!

Enjoy!

Rob DVKK

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:04:38 am »

Okay - how long have you been holding out on this one. I knew about the maverick and the 911 even the tomato bullet - but this, man... bitchinnnnn'

also I really miss SIR weekend
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:21:29 am by Rob DVKK » Logged
G-dog

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:58:25 am »

UNREALLLL!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know-just another 67.....
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:15 am »

Funny how little things really fix a car to an era! Aluminium panel the dash instead of the wood and over-riders on the bumpers and it would update it by another five years. Stock-style or fat biscuit interior and detailed alloys and it moves forward another five! Smiley

Oh, and nice socks... Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:42:21 am »

that car looks almost like mine back in the late 80s. I belive i remember a car like yours....i have seen at a BUG OUT in manassas virginia in the days  Huh Could it be yours?
Sarge

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:45:17 pm »

I gotta have me a wood dash like that sometime Roll Eyes  Grin

DKP III
Sam K

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 14:36:33 pm »

I love it! I really want to build an 80' stryle looker for my next project.
Geoff P DVKK

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 23:27:05 pm »

Ahh yes, this brings back memories.. I made the deal with the current owner while working at California Imports retail store (it was on display for sale in the shop). At that time Steve Stanbridge (owner of CIP and Darren and my Boss)had bought it from Darren and replaced the turbo motor with a 48 Dellorto motor.

It was a FAST car! I almost lost it while taking it to the wharehouuse on McPherson St.

Hey Darren, tell us the story of taking the Tomato Bullit for it's last street drive and almost wrecking it  Grin

I have a few pic's of both somewhere, if I find them i'll post them up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: