The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 21:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The Mark Kessenich thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The Mark Kessenich thread!  (Read 31686 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2009, 00:39:31 am »

Great thread! Love the alley shot.

Funny, I still used spell check on this! Whenever Mark is close by I always check myself.  Grin

Mark is the spelling sheriff.

HAHAHA!!! You guys crack me up. Almost doused my screen with bier. I hated school, but spelling/writing/reading was the only thing that was very natural for me, besides being lucky enough to have shop classes from 7th to 11th grades.

See you cats at Nick's very soon.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2009, 04:36:39 am »

Great thread! Love the alley shot.

Funny, I still used spell check on this! Whenever Mark is close by I always check myself.  Grin

Mark is the spelling sheriff.

HAHAHA!!! You guys crack me up. Almost doused my screen with bier. I hated school, but spelling/writing/reading was the only thing that was very natural for me, besides being lucky enough to have shop classes from 7th to 11th grades.

See you cats at Nick's very soon.

Indeed, Mark! We'll have some relevant conversation.

I also park at Nick's.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 17:59:34 pm »

Mark, thanks for sharing the stories of your invlovement with the VW scene, always enjoy your input and photos. Keep 'em coming.
What's the plans on the '67's new motor?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2009, 07:27:22 am »

Mark, thanks for sharing the stories of your invlovement with the VW scene, always enjoy your input and photos. Keep 'em coming.

Thank you, sir. Regarding the engine... I'm torn 'tween two of 'em. Either a basic 1914cc/Engle 125/44 or 48 IDAs/mild heads. Or, what you and I talked about off list. Ever since Schwimmer took me for a drive in that late car (with same engine), I can't stop thinking about how effortless that car hauled down the road. Looking at the tachometer, the engine was merely yawning and nowhere near it's full potential. Just amazing.

So, there you have it. I'm old and I prefer the simplicity of a basic and mild Type 1 power plant. But that drive opened my eyes.

~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2009, 08:30:57 am »

How adult.

I also park at Nick's.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2009, 15:48:30 pm »

X2
Neil Davies

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 16:58:01 pm »

Thank you, sir. Regarding the engine... I'm torn 'tween two of 'em. Either a basic 1914cc/Engle 125/44 or 48 IDAs/mild heads. Or, what you and I talked about off list. Ever since Schwimmer took me for a drive in that late car (with same engine), I can't stop thinking about how effortless that car hauled down the road. Looking at the tachometer, the engine was merely yawning and nowhere near it's full potential. Just amazing.

So, there you have it. I'm old and I prefer the simplicity of a basic and mild Type 1 power plant. But that drive opened my eyes.

Go big and mild(ish) then! Better than a smaller, more stressed unit, with more beans available when you stomp on it. A 2007/2165 or similar, with 40x35.5 or 42x37 heads, that W125 and some IDAs would be nice, surely. Wink You don't need a low 12 second motor, but high 13's to low 14's would be nice and still very much streetable.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Sarge

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2009, 19:41:03 pm »

Go big and mild(ish) then! Better than a smaller, more stressed unit, with more beans available when you stomp on it. A 2007/2165 or similar, with 40x35.5 or 42x37 heads, that W125 and some IDAs would be nice, surely. Wink You don't need a low 12 second motor, but high 13's to low 14's would be nice and still very much streetable.

Well put, Neil.  Plus, the ease of building a 78.4 stroked engine with stock VW rods and "b" pin height pistons is cake... hardly any measuring, cutting or shimming needed.  Good luck on your build, Mark! Cool

DKP III
Rennsurfer

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2009, 19:42:10 pm »

I agree, Neil. The farthest thing from my mind is making my car a 12 second one.

Well put, Neil.  Plus, the ease of building a 78.4 stroked engine with stock VW rods and "b" pin height pistons is cake... hardly any measuring, cutting or shimming needed.  Good luck on your build, Mark! Cool

Amen to that, Sarge... and thanks. Think that it's time to start selling some Schwinns, surfboards, and other stuff to help fund this venture. I've waited long enough. Disc brakes, transmission, then engine. I'll keep y'all posted.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 19:44:23 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
nicolas

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2009, 20:54:18 pm »

i'll help!

i'll take the cool early 90's skateboards of your hands. SMA preferably  Roll Eyes Grin       
Rennsurfer

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2009, 21:07:01 pm »

i'll help!

i'll take the cool early 90's skateboards of your hands. SMA preferably  Roll Eyes Grin       

Sorry, Nicolas... but as many skateboards as I have, I'll never sell those. My two sons will get those after I'm gone.

~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2009, 21:23:21 pm »

94 x 78 is so easy to put together, your average 4th grade kid could build one.
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2009, 23:18:43 pm »

Very cool Mark
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2009, 03:53:48 am »

i'll help!

Sorry, Nicolas... but as many skateboards as I have, I'll never sell those. My two sons will get those after I'm gone.
                                                                     Don't go, Mark! Don't go!

I also park at Nick's.
nicolas

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2009, 09:47:10 am »

i'll help!

Wink

i regret selling my SMA think crime deck, but at the time i needed the cash to buy a new one, too many skateboards have been passed on that way...

a nice everslick SMA julien stranger or alan peterson would be an ultimate find (never had those, but i liked them very very much then and now)

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2009, 19:40:53 pm »

Hey Mark, My second motor I built was a 78X90.5 W/E125 with 1.25 rockers, and Auto-Craft heads, 40X35.5 that was in my 67' I had, (before I lost it in my divorce). Anyway, that motor ran bitchen with the IDA's I had on it. Very streetable car, and had the beans when I wanted it. Thumbs up on E125! For sure.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2009, 20:28:22 pm »

Right on, Ted... yeah, whichever engine I end up building it, FOR SURE, is gettin' the 125 cam treatment. No doubt. Your engine sounded pretty cool, too.

Nicolas, if you look hard enough... you'll find those boards that you so desire. The 'Net is helpful like that.

Grin

~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 04:01:45 am »

Mark, do you have any of the millions of photos ,Ray Zimmerman took of your car that we haven't seen yet?

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2009, 18:10:16 pm »

Mark, do you have any of the millions of photos ,Ray Zimmerman took of your car that we haven't seen yet?

Yeah, somewhere... I think Ray made me a disc of all of the outtake images back in 2004. I'll have to dig that one out. He gave me some of Al's '66, as well. And, I have some shots that he I and both took of his '67 Squareback and his '62 Ragtop. That was a stout lil' car... IDA carbs, real EMPI 8 spokes with (I think) 14" up front.

~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2009, 22:00:40 pm »

Mark, did you find the disc yet?

I also park at Nick's.
67worshipper

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2009, 22:32:37 pm »

mark how many 13 or 14 sec everyday cars are produced that your likely to see at the traffic lights................................not many and they,ll have a job catching you in first second or third.make it mild and punchy.it,ll work a dream Grin

vw hot rod heaven
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2009, 01:44:46 am »

Still waiting for new photos, Mark.

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2009, 02:00:03 am »

Sorry, John... it's been a rather busy week with my sons' sports events, work, and skateboarding. I'm so far behind processing pictures from different events, I'm almost looking forward to the rainy weekend so I can finally get some free time.

While we're waiting, let's see some pics of YOUR car that we have yet to see.

Grin

Tag, you're it.

~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2009, 02:13:03 am »

Sorry, John... it's been a rather busy week with my sons' sports events, work, and skateboarding. I'm so far behind processing pictures from different events, I'm almost looking forward to the rainy weekend so I can finally get some free time.

While we're waiting, let's see some pics of YOUR car that we have yet to see.

Grin

Tag, you're it.

You know, Mark, For someone that has nothing to offer the Cal Look community, you sure have a lot to offer the Cal Look community.

I also park at Nick's.
Rick Sadler

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2009, 03:28:11 am »

I agree. It is the posts of the remeberence of yesteryear that adds so much to the Lounge.

Der Kleiner Panzers
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2009, 04:06:29 am »

Markie! Roll Eyes may have 44's
LuftsickTero

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2009, 22:24:36 pm »

Mark, any luck in finding the photos?  Smiley

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2009, 22:29:25 pm »

You know, Mark, For someone that has nothing to offer the Cal Look community, you sure have a lot to offer the Cal Look community.

HAHAHA!!! Dang... how did I miss that one, John? You kill me.

Markie! Roll Eyes may have 44's

REEEALLY? We'll talk about this on Sunday over food and bier, hopefully.

Mark, any luck in finding the photos?  Smiley

I'm sorry, Tero... I haven't exactly been looking for them. Been too busy with my sons' sport events, skateboarding, surfing, and work. Add Christmas parties and gatherings to that, too. Soon, I hope.

~Sarge
ian c

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2009, 22:36:13 pm »

sport is for losers .

beer and smokes is where its at Wink

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Rennsurfer

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2009, 22:43:51 pm »

sport is another word for urinating.

skateboarding and surfing is where it's at  Wink

Couldn't agree more, Ian. Merry Christmas, my friend.

~Sarge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: