The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:45:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  ID of my manifolds for Solex 40PII.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ID of my manifolds for Solex 40PII.  (Read 2331 times)
Hong Kong Syndicate

I'm not Db Cooper!

« on: September 06, 2008, 11:33:25 am »

Hi everybody. A shiny "Good Morning from Portugal" for every member of the Lounge Grin
 For my 67 European Cal Look project code named "Paprika", I have a pair of "Pop" Solex 40PII-4, and they are really sweet whit the period correct Knetch air filters. Down side my carburettors, I have a pair of unknowns D-ported manifolds for Solex 40PII, found on the Samba classified (a gift from a good friend, who know the same of this manifolds: nothing). Used but in very good shape, without any kind of marks from the manufacturer. Any ideia?

I know, I know my English is very poor Tongue
beetletom

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:38:48 pm »

wow those look really nice, a mini version of a set of ida's!  Cheesy

are the carbs from a porsche 356?

maybe the manifolds were custom made?

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 17:34:53 pm »

There were alot of generic, no name manifolds floating around in those days. I have a box with no name manifolds , with swooping IDA manifolds, straight up and down manifolds, generic IDF stuff that has always been "around". You used to see that stuff alot on "sale" , or "close out " tables. People always had to have a set or two in their garage, but no one ever really knew, or worried about , where they came from. I think you have a set from that nebulas catagory.

I also park at Nick's.
Hong Kong Syndicate

I'm not Db Cooper!

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 17:40:03 pm »

Thanks a lot

I know, I know my English is very poor Tongue
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 14:18:18 pm »

People get a little bogged down in brand names - ok, you need re-assuring with stuff like lifters, and it's always nice to be able to say you've got Italian IDAs instead of Spanish ones, but don't worry about the make, just be happy that they work! Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 15:09:59 pm »

I really like those carbs and Knetch filters.

Personally, I don't care what brand the manifolds are. As long as they work good and they're built solid... who cares? I'd run that setup on my car if the filters are able to fit in a Type 1 body without standing off the decklid. The only change I'd make is painting the manifolds gray. Please post up pictures after you've installed those in your car.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: