The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:15:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Dave Rosique! Tell us about the Keep On Buggin club days.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dave Rosique! Tell us about the Keep On Buggin club days.  (Read 29527 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2008, 19:39:06 pm »

frenchy fiat dave  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2008, 19:44:36 pm »

here's mark souter inside & engine dave i  love the seat upholstery
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 19:52:09 pm by speedwell » Logged

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2008, 20:37:41 pm »

Thanks for the cool photos!!
I see the Fiat had Kadrons on it in the photo... I'm pretty sure it had 48's when I went for the ride. The photos of Souters car mean a lot to me... that car was very influential to me at the time.

Speedwell, DKK Fred asked if you had any photos of Dave Wright's '54 Chop... any luck? I'm working on getting in touch with the owner, but the HotVW's article would work for me. It was in '78 or '79 I believe.

Thanks guys, the Lounge rocks!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2008, 20:41:48 pm »

sorry a little off topic, but I have a question.

About 10 yr ago I found an old license plate frame, kind of beat, but it was metal and read "Keep on Buggin" and had the stylized lady bug character as used in Bug In promo stuff. Was this frame related to the club?
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2008, 20:56:05 pm »

Speedwell, DKK Fred asked if you had any photos of Dave Wright's '54 Chop... any luck? I'm working on getting in touch with the owner, but the HotVW's article would work for me. It was in '78 or '79 I believe.

it's a topchop  oval model  wich color?? some info to help me to chearch , i'm looking after the report at the moment i will scan if i  found

fabs

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2008, 22:29:22 pm »

Fabian, it was that rootbeer colored car, you had a few photos you posted in my response to some thread that Danny Gabbard started asking about that car. I'm thinking about six months ago. You turned up a Bug In shot, and one at Carlsbad.

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2008, 22:39:27 pm »

sorry a little off topic, but I have a question.

About 10 yr ago I found an old license plate frame, kind of beat, but it was metal and read "Keep on Buggin" and had the stylized lady bug character as used in Bug In promo stuff. Was this frame related to the club?
Jim,
No relation that I know of, and I'm not sure who copied who.
I have one of those frames as well... I think it was an offshoot of the old Keep on Truckin' saying from that era.

~DR.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2008, 05:58:35 am »

O.K. you have to give a history of Chamey, and what all went on with Jose at Jim's Auto.

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2008, 07:00:45 am »

Jose!!! I haven't seen him in years! Yeah... let's hear about him, Dave.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:13 am »

Especially the kicker at the end of the story!

I also park at Nick's.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2008, 11:34:44 am »

Fabian, it was that rootbeer colored car, you had a few photos you posted in my response to some thread that Danny Gabbard started asking about that car. I'm thinking about six months ago. You turned up a Bug In shot, and one at Carlsbad.
i made a research on the lounge is this that car Huh

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2008, 14:25:41 pm »

[/quote]
i made a research on the lounge is this that car Huh

[/quote]
Yep, that's it.
70's technoligy on a 70's built car.
I'll find my old Hot VW's that has that car in it soon... I think it was November, 1978 or something like that.

What I'd like to know is WHERE IS THAT CAR NOW??  Dave sold it to somebody on the east coast, USA and it was never seen by us again. Anywhere.

While Dave Wright (the owner) was building the Chop, his daily driver was a pea green Oval that he ran the BRM's on. It was quite a sight to see that car parked all over town, in parking lots, left outside at night, etc with those wheels on it. Even back in the 70's they were still hard to find, once in a while a set would come up they would always be some unreal price like four or five hundred dollars  Wink

Thanks again Fabian!

~DR
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2008, 15:43:38 pm »

i watched my 78 & 79 issue yesterday , but never seen that car in report
and now just watching the nov 78 nope  Undecided

rgd
fabs

Neil Davies

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2008, 16:01:31 pm »

It was a cover car Fabs. I'm sure it was late '70s. Huh

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 03:10:34 am »

Well, Dave, you're not done yet, are you? Let's have some more stories. MUSH! ("quote/ Fuckin' Marty)

I also park at Nick's.
rychu79

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:39 am »

Hello everyone. My father Dannie "Fut" James passed away 4yrs ago from Multiple Myeloma and I inherited his yellow '73 Beetle. I found some rear passenger side glass with with Keep On Buggin' stickers on it. My Mother told me his was a member of the club back in the late 70's early 80's.

If any of you remember him or his Beetle I would love to hear from you. Here is a pic of him and his '73:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:20:39 am by rychu79 » Logged

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2014, 15:40:39 pm »

Hello rychu79,

First of all, I'm very sorry for the loss of your father...

I remember Dannie, I knew him as "Good Fut"
Pretty sure the last time I saw him was at one of the Bug-In's when his fresh fully polished BRM wheels (original of course) were stolen from the back seat of his beetle.. or that's the way I remember it anyway.
Your Dad was a cool cat, we got along well  Smiley
So, what's the plan for your Dad's old car?
-DR
rychu79

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 17:00:22 pm »

Thank you for the kind words Dave.

Its been parked and in pieces since he got the '74 convertible. I would have that too but we didn't have room for them both so my Aunt decided to sell it.
He made a few changes to the '73 since you've seen it last. Its Porsche Ice Green Metallic now with a ragtop from a donor Beetle.

I'm in the process of putting it back together. Here are some pics of it in its current state.

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 19:17:29 pm »

Such a cool car. Smiley
The ragtop conversion looks very well done!

Sorry for you father
Hecker

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 05:23:14 am »

Hello everyone. My father Dannie "Fut" James passed away 4yrs ago from Multiple Myeloma and I inherited his yellow '73 Beetle. I found some rear passenger side glass with with Keep On Buggin' stickers on it. My Mother told me his was a member of the club back in the late 70's early 80's.

If any of you remember him or his Beetle I would love to hear from you. Here is a pic of him and his '73:

I will always remember Good Foot and what he brought to the world of early Cal-Look Cars and "EMPI" Products.
He always seemed to come up with brand new caps, lugs, spacers, stickers etc. It  would always bother SHUBEE
because Danny had something Shubee wanted. Drove Shubee crazy, he had to use Good Foot as a source and PAY !!

Your Dad was a good guy, sorry to hear of his passing. Hopefully he taught you how to handle life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: