The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 21:42:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351106 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Type 3 manifolds.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Type 3 manifolds.....  (Read 3095 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: September 25, 2008, 23:04:06 pm »

Anyone know what height Type 3 manifolds are for dual carbs (stock)  Huh Huh Huh

You either "Get It" or you don't......
iowa mark

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:51:45 am »

They bolt to the heads are at an angle, but from the flat where the carbs mount down to the fan side of the head, I get aprox. 2-3/4" or 7cm. And that is the same for both single and dual ports.
nicolas

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:38:14 am »

Anyone know what height Type 3 manifolds are for dual carbs (stock)  Huh Huh Huh

i have them at home and will measure them later.
Lee.C

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 22:55:30 pm »

wow that is short  Shocked Smiley

iowa mark

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:39:05 am »

Yes they are.

nicolas

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 19:16:10 pm »

yep they are that short and i am guessing you'll get clearance problems with the alternator... you need higher manifolds but you could use the carbs on your car. i am sort off planning a combo like yours but with type3 carbs for the squareback. but i need to do a lot before i can tell you how it runs. but i know a guy that has a 1835cc with original type3 carbs if i am correct and it runs good. i'll need to check it though. he lives close by, i'll bump into him sometime and ask him then.
Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 19:53:47 pm »

Yes they are.

Thanks for the pic mark they are really short Shocked Smiley by the way is that a buggy chassis in the back ground Huh Smiley

And nicolas I am not planning on using type 3 carbs/manifolds - I just wanted to know what kind of length they were so I could shorten a pair of race trim manifolds I have  Wink I have seen it done before and I have a friend who can machine the new top plates for me  Smiley
I am planning on running a pair of Weber 40DCN's (like the ONE i have at the moment Cheesy) I have 3 spare and I have lined up an original DDS linkage that should work with the SHORT manifolds - I hope  Smiley

Linkage: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=636312  Smiley

ps I have a Dynamo - so no clearence issues there - its the rear body work that effects the height of the manifolds  Smiley

iowa mark

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 05:36:42 am »

[/quote]Thanks for the pic mark they are really short Shocked Smiley by the way is that a buggy chassis in the back ground Huh Smiley[/quote]

You're welcome, and yes that is what's left of this. Going in a different direction with a body. Woody meets roadster, with a bit of volksrod thrown in.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: