The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC 2009 !!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: SCC 2009 !!!  (Read 166533 times)
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« on: October 02, 2008, 19:36:55 pm »

So, the date for next year`s SCC has been set: august 14.-16. !!!

If You missed out this year, don`t make the same mistake twice  Wink
Spread the word!

Stay tuned for more info!

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
sven

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 20:14:27 pm »

Hi Guys,

I really want to come, please check if you can make a deal for the ferry than I bring as many people I can.

Sven.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 00:37:36 am »

If You missed out this year, don`t make the same mistake twice  Wink

see, that just brings the thrills to my spine. i know, i know.  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:02:47 am »

You know I'll be there  Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:16 am »

Yes, we will try to work out a deal with the ferrys Sven Smiley We would love to see you all there!
If anyone got some good contacts in those companies, pleas let me know!

You are the King of Buggys Lee ! Cheesy

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 17:50:46 pm »

Weekend is book!

Some friends also plan to come, but by plane.  Undecided

Lee, do you go again with the Buggy?
Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 18:17:14 pm »

Weekend is book!

Some friends also plan to come, but by plane.  Undecided

Lee, do you go again with the Buggy?

I've booked the weekend off to - I am trying to persude Rob to come in his Bronze manx - I think we might go a slightly SHORTER route this time, you never know though it was a F^&KIN AWSOME journey  Grin Grin Grin

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 19:53:40 pm »

I'm quite nostalgic of this trip.
Even come back in solo From Oslo to my town in Belgium was a great time!

Ferry's are a good solution to have a faster, safer and easier trip but are quite expensive. When I check the Ferry in Oslo, It was something like 400€ to go to Copenhagen. It was half the way, but cost twice the money I use in gas. Around 600€.

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 20:06:37 pm »

Ferry prices varies alot and my best tip is to book your ferry ticket well in advance. We will do our best to get a discounted rate on the most popular ferries for you guys.

The fuel prices is a bit out of our reach....... yet  Wink

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Lee.C

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 20:48:49 pm »

"I'm quite nostalgic of this trip." Me to dude  Wink it really was an AWSOME experience  Grin

As for which route I will take I have NO idea yet but I know I will have dual carbs next year so I should use ALOT less fuel  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I was thinking of getting the ferry from the UK then drive all the way home Smiley

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 21:23:23 pm »

"I'm quite nostalgic of this trip." Me to dude  Wink it really was an AWSOME experience  Grin

As for which route I will take I have NO idea yet but I know I will have dual carbs next year so I should use ALOT less fuel  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I was thinking of getting the ferry from the UK then drive all the way home Smiley

Two options from UK;

Newcastle - Stavanger. Commercial ferry, restaurants, shops etc etc etc. Quite a huge gang going to SCC from Stavanger so maybe drive together with them? Beatiful trip over the mountain from Stavanger to Oslo - approx 6,5 hours at ordinary speed. Fantastic scenery!

Hull - Breivik. This is a ro-ro boat. You leave your car and they bring it over and you pick it up at Breivik. Quite cheap. Brevik is 2 hours from Gardermoen and very close to Brevik is Torp airport and you can get cheap flights to Torp from the UK.

My recommendation; take the Newcastle - Stavanger ferry and hook up with Trond Dahl and the rest of the DKL club. Drive with them over the mountain and enjoy the view.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Lee.C

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 23:56:25 pm »

"My recommendation; take the Newcastle - Stavanger ferry and hook up with Trond Dahl and the rest of the DKL club. Drive with them over the mountain and enjoy the view."

This sounds like a coooooooooool idea dude - i just have to convince Rob  Wink Smiley

jwh

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 00:40:48 am »

hello, im pretty sure that the ferry service from newcastle to norway stopped in september, which is some-what inconvinient. so no longer an option.
bang

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 12:51:12 pm »

hey.

we had a good deal for ferries from frederikshavn(denmark) to oslo. some guys from mib (vw club aalborg, denmark) did all the booking. almost half price.  Grin
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 13:09:49 pm »

I suppose too  Wink

But for me, as I use dual carbs for some weeks, I will have to use A LOT MORE  gas.
Or maybe put my 1300 SP again in the car for the trip  Undecided (And you know how this engine is work.    Grin A really high mileage engine )
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 16:45:40 pm »

Aah JF, come on! Let eh 1835 on it, make a couple of passes on the track, break the gearbox. then think about how you'll get home Wink

Glitter don't make you faster.
Lee.C

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 17:17:37 pm »

I might as well have a go on the strip this time seeing as I'll have twin carbs - up for a race nicolas  Huh Wink

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 17:28:32 pm »

Aah JF, come on! Let eh 1835 on it, make a couple of passes on the track, break the gearbox. then think about how you'll get home Wink

No worries, I suppose somebody will have a gearbox in spare if a break something  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

But the Porsche shroud will go away  Angry It gives me lot's of trouble.  Angry And it's not the right look for the car  Roll Eyes

I think I will freshen up the engine this winter and come back to T1 fan shroud.
roland

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 18:00:54 pm »

I think I will freshen up the engine this winter and come back to T1 fan shroud.

Wise words!  Wink

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 18:05:25 pm »

Wise words!  Wink

Sometime, I say something intelligent  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 18:13:48 pm by j-f » Logged
nicolas

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 22:01:00 pm »

I might as well have a go on the strip this time seeing as I'll have twin carbs - up for a race nicolas  Huh Wink

always! the track is good, so you'll have no excuse if i beat you!  Grin Grin.

been looking at the posts about all the mods. that could mean your car will be running very well for a 1641... if it isn't done by the Volksworldshow i may be able to help out a bit if that weekend is in my holidays as well.
anyway i hope i can make it and get to SCC as well. i do hope with the car again. if not (funds not allowing), i will manage to get there hopefully by means off buggy or plane. i would certainly prefer cars, as the trip is painfully awesome.
EspenX

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 21:18:23 pm »

For the guys bringing your cars to Norway for the SCC, if you want to make more than a weekend of your trip to Norway, some of us in the Norwegian VW community are planning a tour of Southern Norway in the week (or 2 weeks) prior to the SCC event. The trip will be a scenic ride of a lifetime with lots of spectacular fjords and mountains, visiting all the interesting cities and places in Southern and Western Norway and stops at some of our VW friends all across the country. The cruise will end at SCC and you are welcome to join us anywhere on the route - from the beginning in Oslo, take a shorter route to join us for parts of the trip og join from for instance Stavanger og Bergen if that is where your ferry takes you.

The trip is still in early planning stages. Here's a couple of pictures to wet your appetite - one of the fjords we will be visiting, and a classic drive - the Trollstigen (directly translated: the Troll ladder)
Lee.C

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 22:26:48 pm »

For the guys bringing your cars to Norway for the SCC, if you want to make more than a weekend of your trip to Norway, some of us in the Norwegian VW community are planning a tour of Southern Norway in the week (or 2 weeks) prior to the SCC event. The trip will be a scenic ride of a lifetime with lots of spectacular fjords and mountains, visiting all the interesting cities and places in Southern and Western Norway and stops at some of our VW friends all across the country. The cruise will end at SCC and you are welcome to join us anywhere on the route - from the beginning in Oslo, take a shorter route to join us for parts of the trip og join from for instance Stavanger og Bergen if that is where your ferry takes you.

The trip is still in early planning stages. Here's a couple of pictures to wet your appetite - one of the fjords we will be visiting, and a classic drive - the Trollstigen (directly translated: the Troll ladder)

I am soooooo there dude - Keep us posted on the plans for the trip  Smiley

roland

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 02:09:21 am »

yeah that sounds really great! Do you think i could come up with the 68 towed and leave it for the duration of the trip at one of you guys places, then do the trip with the towing car (vw aircooled obviously Wink )?

JS

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 07:16:55 am »

No problem Roland, we´ll find a place for your car.
There were actually quite a few cars stored "locally" for this years SCC too...  Wink

Johnny.

Signature.
Lee.C

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 14:15:18 pm »

this is gonna be an AWSOME little trip, we'll have to cruz up together roland  Smiley

roland

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 16:32:14 pm »

this is gonna be an AWSOME little trip, we'll have to cruz up together roland  Smiley

Yeah we should do that!

Seems that my "tow car" just arrived in Belgium... Now i'm excited! Grin

Lee.C

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 16:44:37 pm »

Yeah we should do that!

Seems that my "tow car" just arrived in Belgium... Now i'm excited! Grin

cool - lets see some pic's of the tow vehicle Smiley

roland

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 17:26:34 pm »

Tomorrow.. can't go tonight  Cry

Won't sleep well this night i think, too excited... Grin

Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 21:37:06 pm »

Sweet plans guys! I'm up for this monstertrip too!!!! hope that i will have time for it next summer... too soon to tell

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: