The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:40:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  More Rat Rod Stupidity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: More Rat Rod Stupidity  (Read 9824 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 05:36:26 am »

here, to cheer us all up...   how about this car, just as it is, but with a 2276 in it?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=674325

Cool

YESSIR! That would be COOL! Either leave the outside stock or slightly lower the front end, put my A-1 exhaust on there, and have the rear wheels widened... left black/white, of course. Put some Hella H4 headlights on and let the fun begin. No matter what, put some decent handling shocks and swaybars on, too. And throw in a built transmission.

God, I miss my Java Green car. Such a great color. That car in the pictures looks exactly like my best friend's car. He showed it at the Classic. His is a little cleaner and more correct. I'm real close to convincing him to add BRMs and lowering the front end on his car. He drove mine the other day and loved it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 17:45:11 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 03:55:13 am »

Mark, what color interior did your Java '66 have?  My car is an original Java/Gazelle (tan) interior, and I can't imagine it any other way.  Even if that restored car that's for sale had black originally, I think I'd have to change it to tan. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 14:25:45 pm »

Mark, what color interior did your Java '66 have?  My car is an original Java/Gazelle (tan) interior, and I can't imagine it any other way.  Even if that restored car that's for sale had black originally, I think I'd have to change it to tan. 

That interior looks AWESOME! Mine, believe it or not, was a white one. In the States, I had never seen a car with that color combo. But my car was originally sold in Berlin... so I figured that Europe got different colors than we did. I once saw an Italian '67 Beetle that had a brown interior with Lotus White paint. Brown was really rare in this country. My orange '66 was originally that color combo, too.

Black, tan, or white all look really good with Java Green in my opinion.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Neil Davies

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 09:40:36 am »

here, to cheer us all up...   how about this car, just as it is, but with a 2276 in it?

Cool

Nah, what you really need to do to be cool is to lower the car until the floor sits on the ground, pour paint stripper all over it followed by salt water, then add a roof rack covered in the contents of your grannys attic - THEN you'll be as cool as the Hood ride kids... Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Neil Davies

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 09:42:49 am »

Oh, and take a few of the sump plate nuts off for that fine oil mist "effect" that they all seem to have... Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 21:47:50 pm »

Cool

Nah, what you really need to do to be cool is to lower the car until the floor sits on the ground, pour paint stripper all over it followed by salt water, then add a roof rack covered in the contents of your grannys attic - THEN you'll be as cool as the Hood ride kids... Wink

Pleaaaaaseee NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: