The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 18:54:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Case cleaning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Case cleaning  (Read 3945 times)
airstuff

« on: October 08, 2008, 14:56:39 pm »

What do you guys reccomend for cleaning out the new case,which is full of debris and swarfs from machining??

Water+solvent,or??  Shocked
tikimadness

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 15:24:55 pm »

I would go to  machineshop and have them wash it in a washingmachine.I go to a local shop here in holland and they charge me 5 euro for 15 minutes.

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 15:47:05 pm »

I would go to  machineshop and have them wash it in a washingmachine.I go to a local shop here in holland and they charge me 5 euro for 15 minutes.

Michael

Or put it in your dishwasher at home  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 16:17:58 pm »

deburr all the sharp edges and tangs out with a rotary file and a sanding roll, first. Then I wash it out with hot soap (dishwashing) and very hot water, then blast with compressed air, then spray with lacquer thinner, then blow with compressed air again.
Peter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 16:21:44 pm »

I did the same as Jim,
but i have the galley plugs taken out and replaced
Jim Ratto

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 16:27:02 pm »

deburr all the sharp edges and tangs out with a rotary file and a sanding roll, first. Then I wash it out with hot soap (dishwashing) and very hot water, then blast with compressed air, then spray with lacquer thinner, then blow with compressed air again.

except Sheep's case. I just set it out side in the rain and then let the Santa Ana Winds blow it clean in my backyard.
nicolas

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 18:10:34 pm »

except Sheep's case. I just set it out side in the rain and then let the Santa Ana Winds blow it clean in my backyard.

that works, remember to turn it upside down once in a while. it adds 'panache' to the whole thing.
airstuff

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 18:29:35 pm »

why to use lacquer thinner,what does it help out? Huh
Jim Ratto

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 18:32:52 pm »

why to use lacquer thinner,what does it help out? Huh

cuts any oils, residue, film left on case. if it is a previously run case, lacquer thinner will cut sealant on case halves too! It works well for a parts cleaner. Just make sure you have ventilation and wear gloves.
I typically wash all engine parts with hot water and strong dishwashing soap then blow dry thoroughly, then spray with lacquer thinner then blow again.
sheep

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 04:03:30 am »

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

unless it has wheels,tits or fins I dont care
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 06:32:29 am »

Jim, who's case was that you had suspended in the swimming pool? Some little girl kept sticking her chewing gum on it.

I also park at Nick's.
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 20:24:46 pm »

Do what Jim does... Then have it sonic cleaned, Then do again what Jim does. And clean it again.

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: