The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Dave Rosique! Tell us about the LIONS days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dave Rosique! Tell us about the LIONS days  (Read 12601 times)
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 18:26:26 pm »

I agree!

That photo of the car on fire... wow! Shocked

When I knew the car, Gary Gabelich was the driver... Gary was a good guy.

~DR.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 06:48:12 am »

Great thread.

I've never been a fan of Corvettes and never will. But this is the first one that I've actually liked.

As street cars, they're useless... but this version makes much better sense. Such a shame that it got burned up.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 13:17:46 pm »

Great thread.

I've never been a fan of Corvettes and never will. But this is the first one that I've actually liked.

As street cars, they're useless... but this version makes much better sense. Such a shame that it got burned up.

Yeah Fred, I understand.

For me it was a different story. I grew up around Corvettes... Back in the 60's. my Dad had '58 Vette that later became his race car. At the same time my older Brother had a '56 Vette that was a hot street machine (ran low 13's). That was long before I was driving, but I got plenty of hot-laps in both cars (used to drive my Mom crazy)

I latched on to the Durachrome Bug and the Beach City Corvette because I used to see them often at Lions, and I liked that they were both Chevrolet powered...

Lastly, take a look at the specs on the 2009 ZR-1 Corvette sometime... I wouldn't throw one out of my garage Wink

~DR.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: