The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 20:10:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  most annoying bits too your looker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: most annoying bits too your looker  (Read 5517 times)
67worshipper

« on: October 11, 2008, 23:06:41 pm »

ive owned a few lookers or vws over the years and little things have always annoyed me.you know those little jobs that you say i,ll get done next close of the season and never do or just forget because its a pain to do or just dont want to do it. whats your niggle?

vw hot rod heaven
beetletom

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 15:28:37 pm »

getting the welding done, which is happening pretty soon, i hope... Roll Eyes
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 21:21:31 pm »

The seal of my left vent window won't fit properly when i close it... I'll have to remove the regular window, the vent window and then change the seal most probably... FUN! Roll Eyes

Glitter don't make you faster.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 22:20:34 pm »

The seal of my left vent window won't fit properly when i close it... I'll have to remove the regular window, the vent window and then change the seal most probably... FUN! Roll Eyes

I have the same ! Cheesy Cheesy Grin I bought the parts to rebuilt it 3 years ago, but it's still waiting to be done. Another thing I have to do is to replace my wheels, but this may be done before the end of this year.

Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:06:22 am »

I've got to build my doors up from bare shells this week - every seal will be new - not looking forward to that... Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
G-dog

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 17:46:09 pm »

Cut the drivers door bar from my roll cage!grrrrrrrrr!

Yeah I know-just another 67.....
Jim Ratto

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 18:20:10 pm »

lack of tunes
LH door is a bear to close (new weatherstrip)
noisy inside
pitted windshield
bugnut68

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 18:43:59 pm »

My car is painfully under construction and will be so for a long time. Grin  That's the biggest gripe.  Seriously, though, I'd have to say the rear butchered apron.  Some genius in the '80s cut the rear cutouts for a Monza muffler.  Ugh.  Good news is as soon as I have a spot weld drill bit I'm going to yank that sucker off and go with a removeable new apron to simplify engine R and R.
67worshipper

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 19:18:55 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield
the noisey inside jim whats your fix for that? is it sound deadening material? are you running solid mounts as well?

vw hot rod heaven
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 19:27:52 pm »

Get a stock 1200 in the car, reaaaly quiet!

Or my solution, earplugs.

Glitter don't make you faster.
67worshipper

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 19:41:11 pm »

the 1200 might be quiet roland but quietly uninteresting Grin

vw hot rod heaven
Jim Ratto

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 19:59:51 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield
the noisey inside jim whats your fix for that? is it sound deadening material? are you running solid mounts as well?

You know, for short drives, the noise inside isn't bad. it is the long drives, after about 45 minutes, it begins to wear on me. Driving home from Nicks to my house (just over 60 miles) on Sunday nights leads to some buzzing headaches. It's one of those things... you leave in the car and the noise is exciting. Get where you're going, have a beer, get tired, then to have to face that noise driving back... not a big deal. But you see I am getting old....
I have sound deadening across rear wall at luggage area. It helps. But at 4200rpm for an hour or so....   Tongue
dougmische

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 20:40:42 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield

You know, for short drives, the noise inside isn't bad. it is the long drives, after about 45 minutes, it begins to wear on me. Driving home from Nicks to my house (just over 60 miles) on Sunday nights leads to some buzzing headaches. It's one of those things... you leave in the car and the noise is exciting. Get where you're going, have a beer, get tired, then to have to face that noise driving back... not a big deal. But you see I am getting old....
I have sound deadening across rear wall at luggage area. It helps. But at 4200rpm for an hour or so....   Tongue

You're not getting old; if you were you wouldn't hear so well.

What you need is a little firearms training.  Let's go shooting.  Just half a box sent down the barrel of my .44 and you won't even hear that motor running...  Leave your earplugs at home.

I'm here to help.   Grin
Jim Ratto

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 20:42:10 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield

What you need is a little firearms training.  Let's go shooting.  Just half a box sent down the barrel of my .44 and you won't even hear that motor running...  Leave your earplugs at home.

I'm here to help.   Grin

Hmmm... boy do I know of some good targets too.   
tikimadness

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 21:16:48 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield

I'm here to help.   Grin

Hmmm... boy do I know of some good targets too.   

ooh no you are not going to shoot all the hondas in the neigbourhood Grin Grin

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
67worshipper

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 22:33:54 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield

thats a high cruising speed aint it jim? whats your 4th gear then? you must be doin 130km/ an hour at 4200rpm Grin

vw hot rod heaven
Jim Ratto

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 23:18:44 pm »

lack of tunes
noisy inside
pitted windshield

thats a high cruising speed aint it jim? whats your 4th gear then? you must be doin 130km/ an hour at 4200rpm Grin

.89 4th with 4.375 R/P
My front tires are small so who knows how fast I am going... but I'm keeping up with LA drivers. Let's just say it's LOUD
sheep

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 23:33:45 pm »

the loose nut behind the steering wheel Wink

unless it has wheels,tits or fins I dont care
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:53 am »

The noise is the straight cut geers,get those out Jim Grin

Fast vw beetle's rule
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 13:27:23 pm »

My interior is awful.  The glue on the footwells from the old carpet, nonexistent door seals, the poorly-repaired battery tray.  If all that was taken care of I'd probably feel a whole lot better about the car overall.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
dirk zeyen

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 19:41:24 pm »

put the steering wheel in the right position, dechrome my engine tinware and paint it black....

dirk zeyen

back again!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: