The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:23:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Is everybody in ca. In a fricken hurry?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Is everybody in ca. In a fricken hurry?  (Read 9770 times)
danny gabbard

gabfab

« on: October 28, 2008, 17:16:46 pm »

Coming down highway 395 from nevada. Some  jackass in white lexus is tailgateing me.  About 3-4 miles at 75 mph , So I get tired of this shit, So I give him a little brake check , Kinda funny how much distance I got till he passed me.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Jim Ratto

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 17:30:30 pm »

try driving the 118 freeway in the Valley here. You'd think you had a fucking tow bar hooked up back there.  Angry
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 18:13:44 pm »

I always though the scene in LA story where Steve Martin was driving along the freeway and realised it was 'open season' and everybody started shooting and crashing into each other. after driving through LA myself I realised the whole situation was based on real life Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 18:18:00 pm »

When we were in LA last summer I didn't find it too bad. But then we stayed on the surface streets and off the freeway most of the time. Besides, with the car swallowing pot holes you guys have, how fast can you really go?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 18:34:25 pm »

When we were in LA last summer I didn't find it too bad. But then we stayed on the surface streets and off the freeway most of the time. Besides, with the car swallowing pot holes you guys have, how fast can you really go?

--louis
                                         That's my exact argument for people afraid they won't be able to cruise fast enough with a close ratio gearbox.

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 00:34:29 am »

Yeah, I'm in a hurry... the left lane is for faster traffic and for passing. Ratto posted something, earlier this year, about asking when the right lane became the passing lane. SO true! When I drive to work at dawn in the morning north on Pacific Coast Hwy. 99.9% of the people are in the two left lanes. I feel so outta place blazing by everyone in the far right lane, but that's what society, out here, has become.

On the flip side, if I see someone coming up on me, fast, in the left lane, I always move over for them. I expect the same in return... but rarely ever is such the case... sadly.

Tail-gaters are even a BIGGER pet peeve of mine. I hit the rear red fog lights on my Volvo and that usually scares the crap out of 'em and they back off. If they're slow learners, I give 'em a quick brisk pull on the e-brake, downshift, and pull away real fast. I rarely resort to the full brake check, unless they're beyond dumb as a box of rocks. It IS pretty funny to watch 'em nosedive and stay way back after that, however.

Grin

I just wish that people would actually take the time to learn how to properly drive. Doesn't matter which state or country... they're all pretty much crappy now. I'm convinced that nobody cares, anymore. 30 years ago, it was way better and more people displayed respect on the road. That's very rare, these days.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:30 am »

I'm convinced that nobody cares, anymore. 30 years ago, it was way better and more people displayed respect on the road. That's very rare, these days. [/b]

That's because 30 years ago if you got into a wreck it would probably kill you. These days with everyone driving 5 tons of SUV containing every safety device known to man, who cares. Driving a bug doesn't help. Its not like you are going to intimidate someone in a Hummer with a bug. Besides, old VWs don't go that fast anyway.  Roll Eyes

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 02:41:02 am »

If I were in California, I'd be in a damn hurry.  Gotta get to the In N Out Burger, or Mexican restaurant.   Shocked  MOVE IT!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 03:00:47 am »

You're both right on all counts. I get to In & Out Burgers about once a month. Not much of a red meat eater, these days. 99.9% of the time, it's MEXICAN FOOD! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Mex food.

~Sarge
Sarge

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:21 pm »

Since we're talking traffic peeves, how about the folks who can't be bothered with using their turn signals and spend time looking in the rear view to anticipate your next move so they can put a block on you.  Nobody signals on the freeway anymore it seems.  Then there's the Divers... Mr Big in his black Chrysler 300 that has to be in the 15 feet between you and the car your following even though there's no cars behind you for a quarter mile.  OK OK, that's enough....my blood pressure is up now and veins are popping on my forehead......

DKP III
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 15:17:34 pm »

--louis
                                         That's my exact argument for people afraid they won't be able to cruise fast enough with a close ratio gearbox.

Tell me about it. I've gotten used to the tailgaters (4:12 R/P with a 1:21 4th) Still searching for a semi good deal on a 5-speed

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 16:28:10 pm »

Since we're talking traffic peeves, how about the folks who can't be bothered with using their turn signals and spend time looking in the rear view to anticipate your next move so they can put a block on you.  Nobody signals on the freeway anymore it seems.  Then there's the Divers... Mr Big in his black Chrysler 300 that has to be in the 15 feet between you and the car your following even though there's no cars behind you for a quarter mile.  OK OK, that's enough....my blood pressure is up now and veins are popping on my forehead......

dude didn't you know turn signal switches are an option on those Chrysler 300's, Escalames, Hummers, QX56's, Excursions....etc?

IF you order the 30" chrome wheels the t/s switch is deleted. Roll Eyes
Tony M

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 22:20:23 pm »

dude didn't you know turn signal switches are an option on those Chrysler 300's, Escalames, Hummers, QX56's, Excursions....etc?

IF you order the 30" chrome wheels the t/s switch is deleted. Roll Eyes

As well as there BRAINS - everyone is All Ball - No Brains

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Rennsurfer

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 23:34:23 pm »

Ratto's right about the optional turn signal feature on new cars. NO ONE use 'em anymore. Such a joke and very dangerous. Nothing more fun than people darting around, changing lanes without signaling. DERRR! Or like on the way home from work, just now... some moronic fool decided that he needed to be in my lane as were approaching an intersection in front of Long Beach City College. So I let him in (he didn't use is signal), go around him, and I'm still trying to figure out why he made me slam my brakes to let him in. Why? There was no one behind me for literally over a mile. Just us two on the road. I look in my mirror, and he's just tooling along. Didn't even need to change lanes or make a left/right turn at the corner. What a douche nozzle!

Makes this Sierra Nevada taste mo' bettah. There... I feel relieved. I'm off go skate my friend's backyard. Play nice.

~Sarge
LuftsickTero

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 14:35:27 pm »

Ratto's right about the optional turn signal feature on new cars. NO ONE use 'em anymore.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 17:01:09 pm »

Now thats funny!!

Sarge

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 18:10:13 pm »

....and Soooooo true! Grin

DKP III
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 18:41:50 pm »

buy a 1/1 doll, put it on the passanger seat & take the pool lane....hahahahaha, no more probs with other cars because the pool lane is allways free
Sarge

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 19:57:00 pm »

buy a 1/1 doll, put it on the passanger seat & take the pool lane....hahahahaha, no more probs with other cars because the pool lane is allways free

It's only free until you get caught... then it's UGLY!! Shocked Sad

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 20:00:53 pm »

I'm sure some other guys here on Lounge can find another use for that 1:1 doll. Carlos? Sheep?
must be a man version though.
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 21:39:56 pm »

Roll Eyes

Der Kleiner Panzers
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 21:57:07 pm »

Whats the best part of a blow job? the silence!!

lawrence

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 22:32:31 pm »

YES! Yesterday I was halling my dirtbike doing 70 mph in the #2 lane and people are still ridding my ass. Hey folks see the 200+ pound bike in my bed. I won't be going any faster or making sudden lane changes. GO THE FUCK AROUND!! Thats what the fast lane is for. All better now Grin

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 01:21:46 am »

HAHAHA!!! Now THAT'S funny! Excellent work. One of my cars is an all original 1982 BMW E21/320i. But miraculously, the turn indicators work, I keep the fog/driving lights off (unless there's a reason to use 'em), and I actually know how to upshift. For the last thirty years, my friends and I have been joking about Bimmer drivers and how they can't signal, upshift, and how their aux. lights remain on.

Thanks for the laughs.

~Sarge
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 04:03:12 am »

Ratto's right about the optional turn signal feature on new cars. NO ONE use 'em anymore.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 08:49:14 am »

Hey, man... I said new cars. Not all Bimmer owners, Glenn.

Grin

Don't feel too singled out, I own/drive one, too.

~Sarge
cal_gecko

yeah.. I drive a Miata... and no, I'm not gay

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 23:03:15 pm »

Coming down highway 395 from nevada. Some  jackass in white lexus is tailgateing me.  About 3-4 miles at 75 mph , So I get tired of this shit, So I give him a little brake check , Kinda funny how much distance I got till he passed me.

If you were in the fast lane, you should have moved out of the way.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 00:14:29 am »

Again, Some jackass is lucky its illegal to carry fire arms in ca. Last night coming back from nevada and some jack ass cuts me off comeing down the 15 raceway, so I flash my brights and he trys  brake checking me, So I pass- and look over and both of us start waveing the california way then he sticks his cell phone out the window like he's intimidateing me. Fuch he's was lucky I'm getting old. Always smooth sailing til I get to ca.

Jim Ratto

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 00:19:02 am »

dude it's no use getting mad. I am trying not to get steamed too. I think screaming and yelling will eventually lead to somebody getting hurt. There's too many maladjusted freaks driving around in Southern Calif...  that's the problem, DG
you know like that study they did where they put 150 rats in a shoebox and they ate each other.
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 02:11:51 am »

this is a must have if you daily drive the 405 FWY in so cal...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: