The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 22:40:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  What was Herbert's take on 45mm venturies?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What was Herbert's take on 45mm venturies?  (Read 1796 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: October 31, 2008, 20:59:36 pm »

I remember Mark philosophical thing about running big 45mm vents made his motor MORE driveable, but didn't he mention it was dependent on which e-tubes he ran? I think it was something he discovered that the big venturi lessened the effect of the upstream pulses in the intake tract, and that was confusing the jet stack to a lesser degree? Am I remembering this correctly?

It seems to make sense, but do the jets "feel" the signal upwards through the carb? Good old Mark, always thinking outside the box for the rest of us. RIP buddy.
dirk zeyen

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 22:40:29 pm »

hi jim,

45vents are big Grin Grin Grin
but if im right he use short rods alltime.
82X94 engine with stock reworked rods, the signal to the carbs is much better so that could be the trick.

dirk zeyen

back again!!!
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:56:25 am »

Hey Jim I ran 45 Vents on my first 2303cc build W/K-8 W/Berg 1.45's. 1 3/4 Berg headers, and full MSD ign. Ran my car 50 miles a day, mostly freeway, and hard burnouts at Berg's. Car ran strong when I put my foot into it and drove normal in freeway traffic. Loved it. On my secound build, I ran a bigger Erson cam, the resst of the set-up was the same, but it like the 42 vents better. Ya just have to try it.

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: