The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 17:08:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Center force dual friction plate. Adjustment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Center force dual friction plate. Adjustment  (Read 1487 times)
1953oval

« on: November 02, 2008, 11:07:57 am »

Hi ,looking for some help!!  I recently installed a Center force dual friction plate in my bug,it runs a 2110cc engine with standard case and a rancho box. Initially i was using the original kennedy stage 2 pressure that had done 2000 miles, i was replacing the friction plate  as part of a engine rebuild, After about 30 miles with the new fiction plate installed the clutch would not fully disengage and i could not get the gears, Tried to adjust up the clutch but with no success and i still could not get gears. I then did the following;-

Stripped pedal assembly greased and checked the travel that seems fine.
   Replaced cable and sheathing.
   Tried to adjust up but still could not get gears     

Next step, take the engine out and have a look,

On removal the crossshaft was o.k. thrust bearing and clips are o.k, plate alighned correctly, Pressure plate looks O.K. HOWEVER the friction plate is discoloured (Not worn) on the outer edge approx 15mm?? I thought this may be down to too much pressure due to using a stage 2 pressure plate forcing the plate to hard (Even though a friend uses this combination). I checked the flywheel for flatness whick was o.k. and installed a brand new kennedy stage 1 and my dual friction plate. I tried to adjust up the clutch again and was most dissapointed to find i still could not get the gears!!!!

Funny thing is a mate put the same Center force dual friction plate in his ghia with the same engine / box combination and exactly the same issue, he resolved his by installing a standard plate??

Have any of you experts have any ideas at what might be going on here. . .  I want to use the duel force plate as it cost 120 pounds. . . . . . . . . . Any though would be appriciated. . .Justin Dawson

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: