The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  MSD 6T???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MSD 6T???  (Read 2798 times)
henk

« on: October 30, 2008, 11:59:50 am »

hallo guys

i can buy a MSD 6T!!! ignition with soft touch rev control for my car
are they any good for street use because the most i seen for sale are other types like msd 6al
and whats the diffirence between them???
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 13:23:33 pm »

As far as I can see the MSD 6T box don't have a build in rev limiter, but the MSD 6AL have.

Info taken from MSD's homepage: http://www.msdignition.com

MSD 6T:
Even in the harshest conditions, the 6T Ignition Controls deliver race winning performance!To withstand severe jolts and vibrations of harsh racing, the 6T's capacitor and transformer receive additional bracing for a solid mount. All of the circuits and components then receive an extra thick coating of Humi-Seal adding even more vibration protection. Top it all off with a set of sturdy vibration mounts and you have one of the toughest ignitions offered!

MSD 6A:
The MSD 6A is the base model of the capacitive multiple spark discharge 6 Series design. Whether you have a powerful street machine, hard working truck or trick street rod, the powerful multiple sparks of the MSD 6A will ensure complete combustion. Benefits such as quicker ETs, easier starting, reduced plug fouling, more power and even increased fuel economy can be expected with the 6A's high energy multiple sparks. Like all of the MSD 6 Series Ignitions, the 6A will work with virtually any vehicle as long as it has a 12-18 volt electrical system. It can be triggered using breaker points, a magnetic pick-up or the output of an electronic amplifier. All necessary parts and wiring instructions are included (OBD II legal on '03 and older vehicles).

MSD 6AL:
The 6AL shares the same proven circuitry of the 6A with the addition of a built-in adjustable rev limiter. The combination of powerful sparks with the safety of a Soft Touch Rev Control is what makes the 6AL the most popular ignition control in the world.
MSD first developed the Soft Touch rev control to prevent overrev damage to your motor in the event of a missed shift or driveline failure. The rpm limit is adjustable in 100 rpm increments with MSD’s plug-in modules. When the engine reaches your selected limit, the Soft Touch circuitry begins dropping the spark to various cylinders. On the next cycle, these plugs are fired again to prevent fuel from loading up in the cylinder. The result is a smooth and accurate limiting action without backfires or roughness.
The Soft Touch Rev Control also opens the door for you to add rpm accessories such as a Two Step Rev Control. A Two Step allows you to set two rpm limits, one for a holeshot rpm and another for overrev protection.
The 6AL is supplied with rubber shock mounts and modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm.

/Rolf
henk

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 15:26:28 pm »

hallo,
thank you for that info
so as far as i understand that should be the only difference than?
the one i can buy has a seperate soft touch rev control included.
are there more diffrences between the two and are the both suitable for road use?

henk!!!
richie

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 18:11:37 pm »

isnt the T version for turbo cars? I thought it has the ability to take timing out with boost reference?

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
henk

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 00:22:59 am »

isnt the T version for turbo cars? I thought it has the ability to take timing out with boost reference?

cheers richie

hallo

for turbo engine's it's the MSD 6BTM

greets henk!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: