The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 20:51:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350697 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Can we identify these heads?????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Can we identify these heads?????  (Read 30647 times)
andy198712

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 12:20:27 pm »

Ok..... Ian later goes on to say that "Lil wooper" runs 11.8 on his SPG motor, And my friend "Robthemanx" runs 11.8 on his SPG motor, I have spoken with Gary (the guy who rebuilt/modified my crank) and he is more than happy with them runnning over 12:1 and has personally used his Pinned/welded/modified SPG's on Turbo motors well over 350bhp

The main problem is the Fuel - This isn't going to be a "Daily Driver" I just want to be able to drive it to a track run a 13 and drive home....

I/Ian could "Semi Hemi" the cambers for an extra 13cc which would bring it down to 10.5.... I'll be talking with Ian soon to finalize the details Smiley

could you get a couple CC's out of a dished piston maybe?
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 22:33:32 pm »

Yeah Ian mentioned that today, We had a really good chat about the heads and the motor in general  Grin

Its SOOOOOOO nice to talk to a proper engine builder like Ian! There are so many little details I hadn't even thought of!!!!

Ian is going to "Flow test" the heads and then we make some more decisions but basiclly we are Building the motor around these heads with a CR of 11.7:1  Grin

I will keep this post updated with fact and figures SOON  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2013, 00:42:43 am »

NOT Lonnie Reed heads, sorry/ I use to work with Lonnie at "The Head Shop" and all heads were stamped "Head Shop"...    Peace/Dyno don
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

your gonna rip those chambers out? all that history swept into a waste bin,  Cry

Better to get some use out of them rather than have them sit on shelf?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: