The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 18:52:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350697 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP event next weekend!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: DKP event next weekend!  (Read 24624 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2008, 14:02:32 pm »

what 's the color  : bronze or paprika red Huh

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Sarge

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2008, 14:06:25 pm »

It's a metallic color, Fabs... I'd say it's bronze or copper like.

DKP III
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 14:33:10 pm »

I like the red car with black 5-spokes.  Looks like a clean streeter. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 15:04:40 pm »

thx bro  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Jim Ratto

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 19:22:19 pm »

Very cool car. Jim said it has a nice 90.5 x 84mm in it with 48 Webers.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:42 am »

Hi Sarge,i have a question about the DKP-site.Is there an update in the making in the "members cars"?
I ask this,because I saw "2" new club-cars,this week on the lounge.
#1:Jim Kurlinski's(metallic bronze)(does he still own his "old" one?)
#2:the new member with his '68 late looker(killer car!!!!)
grtz,Peter.

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Sarge

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2008, 01:49:03 am »

It is time for a re-do, Peter.  We talk about it but that's about all the further it seems to get for some reason or another Roll Eyes.  Allen Wiess is our site keeper and has been busy screwing his car back together after a recent trip to the paint shop so you could say he has other issues on his mind Wink.  As for Jim K, he still owns the Java Green 67.  Dustin just got in a few weeks back... he'll be on soon.

DKP III
Dustin

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2008, 09:07:43 am »

Been lurking on da lounge since the cruise, finally registered. I feel like I've been sucked into a vacuum and can't escape! The countless hours of my life that I'll never get back, spent here at the Lounge! Is there a 12 step meeting for this, I may have a problem!

But seriously, My wife and I had a great time on the cruise. It was a little nerve racking being the "new guy" and leading 75+ VW's around Orange County during holiday shopping season with the fear of making a mistake that I'd never live down! I thought it was some kind of cruel initiation joke, but instead it was a honor to get to participate in such a cool event for such a good cause.

Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures! My best vantage point was the turn around at the courthouse... What a Hoot!! Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

'69 Tangerine Orange Karmann Ghia- In progress
'66 Marina blue Chevy II Nova Hardtop- Project mothballed
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2008, 10:19:12 am »

Hey Dustin - welcome aboard! And thanks for coming to my party – hope you had a good time!

Your days will seem even shorter now you've discovered the Lounge. You have been warned!  Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
vwcab

peter

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2008, 12:16:17 pm »

It is time for a re-do, Peter.  We talk about it but that's about all the further it seems to get for some reason or another Roll Eyes.  Allen Wiess is our site keeper and has been busy screwing his car back together after a recent trip to the paint shop so you could say he has other issues on his mind Wink.  As for Jim K, he still owns the Java Green 67.  Dustin just got in a few weeks back... he'll be on soon.
Thanks,Sarge.  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
vwcab

peter

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2008, 12:20:53 pm »

Congratz with the" DKP-membership",Dustin.  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Sarge

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2008, 13:57:25 pm »

Been lurking on da lounge since the cruise, finally registered. I feel like I've been sucked into a vacuum and can't escape! The countless hours of my life that I'll never get back, spent here at the Lounge! Is there a 12 step meeting for this, I may have a problem!

But seriously, My wife and I had a great time on the cruise. It was a little nerve racking being the "new guy" and leading 75+ VW's around Orange County during holiday shopping season with the fear of making a mistake that I'd never live down! I thought it was some kind of cruel initiation joke, but instead it was a honor to get to participate in such a cool event for such a good cause.

Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures! My best vantage point was the turn around at the courthouse... What a Hoot!! Smiley

It's about time you showed up!  Welcome Wink  FNG's buy the beer around here, right guys? Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2008, 14:05:15 pm »

Welcome to The Lounge, Dustin. You did a great job, leading the cruise, the other night. I was a few cars behind ya in a Zenith Blue '67. By the way... I dig your car. Congrats on your D.K.P. membership, too.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2008, 15:21:25 pm »

Hey Dustin,
   It was a real Blast last Sunday. Glad to see you registered here, kick ass that your in the club too. I don't drink so give my beer to Sarge.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
nicolas

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2008, 15:53:38 pm »

I feel like I've been sucked into a vacuum and can't escape! The countless hours of my life that I'll never get back, spent here at the Lounge!

never heard off anything like that...  Roll Eyes

welcome and it looks like a nice car in the pics. share some more if you have some.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2008, 17:36:10 pm »

Come on in Dustin, and pull up a chair. Welcome to the Lounge. Good job on the lead Sunday. Watch out for Sarge. You never know about that guy.

Have fun (cool avatar too.... how old?)

Jim R
Dustin

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2008, 07:27:52 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome!... As for buying the beer, that seems a small price to pay compared to Carlos having to endure that cavity search! Does anyone know if he made bail yet? I'm sure he's innocent, just a isolated case of racial profiling.

Forgot the camera, but here's a couple from my crappy little phone

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

Dustin

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2008, 07:46:51 am »

a few more...

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

Jim Ratto

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2008, 16:53:28 pm »

Hey Dustin, tell us about your car.What makes it go?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2008, 19:42:41 pm »

Cool pictures, Dustin. Thanks for postin' those.

Let's hear about your beige car. What engine? Any future plans for it?

~Sarge
vwcab

peter

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2008, 20:01:15 pm »

Yes Dustin,give us mode info of your killer ride.  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Dustin

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2008, 20:26:34 pm »

First off Jim, The avatar is my 2 yr. old grandson sitting next to my '66 nova the day we pulled the 383 out to get it stripped for paint. Thanks for asking! BTW, one of his first words was "bug"!

Well as the locals know, I drive my car EVERY day, rain or shine, so I had to keep it sensible & affordable but wanted to have some fun. Anyone else experience the snowball effect when building toys?

It all started by asking Scott P. what he thought about throwing D/P heads and 42's on my 1 year old stock 1600 motor, just to wake it up a little and look cool. I found the carbs with Berg linkage & manifolds for a price I couldn't pass up at Bug-in 33. By Monday we were already talking about a cam, then barrels, you see where this is going. As we were dissassembling the motor we discovered the case was a 40hp case, so we put it back together and I drove it while we put together a whole new motor. Scott donated a donor case so we got busy and got it running the Wednesday before Classic weekend 2008.

Having said all that, here's what Scott P. and me put together:

VW universal case- prepped by RIMCO
74mm CB crank (we didn't clearance the case)
94mm Mahle Pistons & cylinders
CB clearanced rods
Engle 120 cam
HD lifters, Solid shaft 1:1 rockers, elephant feet, C/M pushrods
CB 044 Super Mag CNC Round Port Heads w/40 x 35.5mm S/S valves, CNC Porting
Topped with a pair of Berg prepped 42 DCNF's

Of course it didn't end there... I didn't want to destroy my rebuilt, stock Rancho trans so I had them upgrade it to the Pro Street IRS with bus 4th gear(.089?) for all the freeway driving I do.

Here's what it looks like now:

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

ian c

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2008, 20:30:31 pm »

hey dustin ,
looks cool !!
Smiley

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Dustin

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2008, 21:05:22 pm »

For those that don't know DKK Fred, he seems to have assumed the role of Cal-look archivist for So. Cal.! I have never seen him without camera and flash, They may be sugically attached! Thank God for..... oh wait, nevermind.

Mark, I need coaching on adding pictures here. Your pics look great for the size!

Ian, great signiture!

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

Jim Ratto

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2008, 22:36:16 pm »

you're a grand father?  Shocked  Grin

very cool

my son played with some Bosch plugs this morning before I put them in the Bug. Pretty funny...

Your car souns good, now I know why. Seems like a potent driver.... my kind of VW.

see ya,
Jim
Sarge

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2008, 00:51:30 am »

my son played with some Bosch plugs this morning before I put them in the Bug. Pretty funny...

Don't feed us that crap.... it was YOU playing with the plugs.... sheeeeeesh Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Rennsurfer

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2008, 02:35:25 am »

Sorry... but this deserves a second look:

NICELY done, Dustin. Especially the black air cleaner housings. I have mine done the same way.

As for pictures, I typically size everything to 600 x 450 pixels (for landscape shots) or 450 x 600 pixels (for portrait shots) @ 72dpi for the Internet. If I'm making a print to frame/hang, then I simply resize the image to fit (example: 6" x 4" photo stock) whichever photo stock size I'm using. Then, I bump up the resolution to 300dpi. That way, the picture won't pixelate or fall apart when it gets bigger.

As for me being the site archivist, I'll only take that credit for some of the So Cal events. As for historical content, that would have to be Fabian/Speedwell... who's been here much longer than me. But if I ever scanned my entire VW & Porsche, Hot VWs, and VW Trends collection... I'd be possibly tied for a close second place.

Grin

But, alas... I don't have the patience that Fabian does. That's why I enjoy documenting the current stuff. Because in 5-20yrs. it'll be probably more fun to enjoy, much like the old pics we enjoy, now.

At any rate, that was another fun D.K.P. event and it went well. Cheers to all that made it possible.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:02:39 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
lawrence

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2008, 04:49:57 am »

Cool pictures everyone. Looks like a fun cruise for a good cause.

Dustin, nice engine. I am a big fan of Satin black, cad plating, natural finish aluminum etc.

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
brent kooiman
DKK

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:17 am »

Danny where the hell are you? We have been doing this volks deal  forever. We skateboared,mototcross,etc. and built some of the baddest cars around, but due we talk about us?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:34 am »

What's up, Brent? Longtime, no see. Where do you skate? Let's hit some skateparks soon.

~Sarge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: